Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

59 minutes ago, immamac said:

This would be an incredible t shirt

This thread needs to get back on topic. I'm going to be looking for a new mod so I can go to dinner with my wife and not have threads like this just turn into dumpster fires. More monkey as DC talk though. 

The beauty of an inflatable wife is that she is on YOUR schedule.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

This chick will rule this place if she starts posting here. Gotdamn the thirsty posting that’s about to happen...

You would have to top a million per year with Ron Jeremy genetics for a shot, so like, only half of us.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Roach247

I'm told today that Johnny Nansen is now a name of interest on the Texas radar.

Nansen has a lot of history on the west coast, and he’s spent quite a bit of time with Sarkisian. After starting his career at Idaho, Nansen worked under Sarkisian at Washington as Special Teams Coordinator, Recruiting Coordinator and Defensive Line Coach. Nansen then moved on to USC where he coached running backs and later linebackers. Nansen left USC this year for UCLA, but we are told he’s a name that Sarkisian could jump on right away. His all time list of recruits includes Adoree’ Jackson, Ronald Jones, Gary Bryant, Talanoa Hufanga, Levi Jones and Maninoa Tufono and John Ross. Nansen coached multiple positions, so it's unclear of what his fit my be. If you're looking for any tie-ins to this name that could indicate the direction of the defensive coordinator search, Nansen worked with Tosh Lupoiat one time, who we have heard is still a name of interest for Sarkisian.

— Steve Sarkisian is making an effort to retain Bryan Carrington

I reported on Friday that I expected Carrington to move on, but it sounds like Sarkisian wants to keep him for continuity with recruits as he looks to make over the recruiting department. Carrington's name is out for a few other positions as well. USC and SMU are schools I've heard in the mix for him, but he's thinking about returning after seeing what form the recruiting department takes. Former Director of Player Personnel Derek Chang was dismissed last week, and sources tell me that could mean a new regime is close to being put in place to run that department.

— South Carolina's Drew Hughes is a name we are hearing a lot of buzz around

A source asked me not to mention Hughes yet last week when I talked to them about who could possibly replace Chang and head up Sarkisian's recruiting department. Since the name got out, I can tell you what I know about Hughes. A native of Montgomery, Alabama and a Crimson Tide graduate, Hughes worked under Will Muschamp at Florida from 2014-2017, and again at South Carolina in 2020. He also spent time at Tennesse, NC State, and Alabama as he worked his way up. Hughes has a strong reputation in this industry and ran his department like an NFL operation. We haven't confirmed anything with Hughes, but the name is coming up more with folks we speak with regularly.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Wayne said:

Roach247

Nansen has a lot of history on the west coast, and he’s spent quite a bit of time with Sarkisian. After starting his career at Idaho, Nansen worked under Sarkisian at Washington as Special Teams Coordinator, Recruiting Coordinator and Defensive Line Coach. Nansen then moved on to USC where he coached running backs and later linebackers. Nansen left USC this year for UCLA, but we are told he’s a name that Sarkisian could jump on right away. His all time list of recruits includes Adoree’ Jackson, Ronald Jones, Gary Bryant, Talanoa Hufanga, Levi Jones and Maninoa Tufono and John Ross. Nansen coached multiple positions, so it's unclear of what his fit my be. If you're looking for any tie-ins to this name that could indicate the direction of the defensive coordinator search, Nansen worked with Tosh Lupoiat one time, who we have heard is still a name of interest for Sarkisian.

I reported on Friday that I expected Carrington to move on, but it sounds like Sarkisian wants to keep him for continuity with recruits as he looks to make over the recruiting department. Carrington's name is out for a few other positions as well. USC and SMU are schools I've heard in the mix for him, but he's thinking about returning after seeing what form the recruiting department takes. Former Director of Player Personnel Derek Chang was dismissed last week, and sources tell me that could mean a new regime is close to being put in place to run that department.

A source asked me not to mention Hughes yet last week when I talked to them about who could possibly replace Chang and head up Sarkisian's recruiting department. Since the name got out, I can tell you what I know about Hughes. A native of Montgomery, Alabama and a Crimson Tide graduate, Hughes worked under Will Muschamp at Florida from 2014-2017, and again at South Carolina in 2020. He also spent time at Tennesse, NC State, and Alabama as he worked his way up. Hughes has a strong reputation in this industry and ran his department like an NFL operation. We haven't confirmed anything with Hughes, but the name is coming up more with folks we speak with regularly.

Peace Out Whatever GIF

Every DC that Sark ever coached with or shook hands with will be a rumor on here before long.  So much buzz.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Bigbend1812 said:

Peace Out Whatever GIF

Every DC that Sark ever coached with or shook hands with will be a rumor on here before long.  So much buzz.

Looks up who Sark has coached with, copy and past wiki page, followed with "We haven't confirmed anything with ......, but the name is coming up more with folks we speak with regularly.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

Why couldn’t Carrington be part of that exactly? 

Exactly, he'd probably be happy to employ some more... creative... approaches.

In fact, here's an actual photo of Carrington from earlier today, seems like he's ready to get to work SEC-style!

cartoon happy man holding in each hand bag with dollars: Royalty-free  vector graphics

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I’ll probably get flamed, but I’d cut Carrington loose. Sark wants to build an Alabama style recruiting/personnel department. He’s going to have to tear it down and rebuild to accomplish this. 

He can tear down the recruiting/personnel department, rebuild it, and keep Carrington.

Considering the clusterfuck the sooner did to this thread, I figured I would repost some actual real info tied to the coaching search..

With Huff (the current Bama RB coach) taking the HC job at Marshal, it seems as if Wiggins is now a potential target for his staff as OC or at least passing game coordinator/Co-OC. 

Needless to say this coincides with the timing of Sark keeping Coleman and most likely explains either why we had a “sudden” move back to Coleman and CTJ Bama source was as saying he was gone...

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Wayne said:

Roach247

I appreciate him describing a head of recruiting running his department like an NFL team. Obviously all that means is "he's good at his job" but it's such a dumb thing I find funny.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

Or maybe he’s an incredible recruiter who couldn’t make up for Herman’s incompetence and assholery and it’s not his fault guys were unhappy with the inept coaching they were receiving. 

I have no inside info, but from the outside looking in I think it is a little more complex than that.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

BC’s issues are messaging and managing expectations. He’s sold almost every recruit on 3 years at UT and getting drafted in the first round.

He leaves out the part about hard work in the weight room, film room, and on the practice field. 

You remind me of a person that thinks team building is done with ra ra sessions. Team building is an everyday task managed via work assignments.

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

Wait, BC doesn’t sell recruits on the shitty aspects of football? Like most sales people would do? Well I never. 

If he would just explain to all the recruits how hard winning is, then they wouldn’t be mad when they get to UT and underperform with Herman. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Let’s no go off on Carrington, he’s a real dude who really cares about the people he works with, even if they don’t go to Texas. That’s actually something that’s pretty hard to find and people who deal with him recognize that.

his job is to sell, but he’s nit just a salesman 

Edited by Doc Reeves
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

b966053f07589e7f774b23d22b9536bb.png

SCAR 247 mod on Hughes' responsibilities while there, tough to have a strong takeaway but they've been ~20th in the nation in recruiting the last few years outside this year which obviously has the caveat of fired coach. I'll leave the job of finding out how good their evaluations have been to someone smarter.

Edited by Teryor
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

It’s like what’s was talked about 10-15 pages ago.  We’re at the same fucking spot today that we were 3 days ago.  If you don’t want to wad through the shit, either stay off this thread till it jumps 20 pages in 10 minutes or scroll through till you see tweets, screenshots, etc.   You fuckers bitching about free information is incredible. 

cbQiMqc.jpg

30 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

BC’s issues are messaging and managing expectations. He’s sold almost every recruit on 3 years at UT and getting drafted in the first round.

He leaves out the part about hard work in the weight room, film room, and on the practice field. 

Holy misattribution, Batman

3 minutes ago, Teryor said:

SCAR 247 mod on Hughes' responsibilities while there, tough to have a strong takeaway but they've been ~20th in the nation in recruiting the last few years outside this year which obviously has the caveat of fired coach. I'll leave the job of finding out how good their evaluations have been to someone smarter.

My impression from reading their boards is that their roster is in shambles.

3 minutes ago, Teryor said:

20th in the country is pretty good given what he was selling.

• Hook 'Em 1