Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

26 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Could the mystery DC candidate be Glenn Schumann (GA) or Derrick Ansley (Tenn) ??

This Tenn SI article says "Schumann has emerged as the favorite to be the defensive coordinator at Texas, which thins the field down."

https://www.si.com/college/tennessee/football/vols-dc-derrick-ansley-linked-to-oregon-job

Five years coaching LBs, and Kirby Smarts first hire at Jawha -- Background article on Schumann (below)

https://www.onlineathens.com/sports/dogbytes/2018-01-03/uga-ilb-coach-glenn-schumann-part-process-both-crimson-tide-and-bulldogs

I wouldn't think Ansley qualifies as mystery candidate but maybe TFB are just being really lame. He has definitely been talked about with connection to UT before by some insiders just not as much lately. 

Schumann is a damned interesting name. Not sure how I would react to that hire.. would be extremely risky but high upside. If we were going that way I would think we just go Arnett who at least has a proven track record? Weird to see that article so bluntly call him a favorite for Texas when no one around Texas afaik has mentioned him before now. Doesn't mean they are wrong- just odd. 

1 minute ago, TexasEx said:

Sorta seems like Pruitt is out, then it's between Pruitt to Alabama and Golding to Texas, or Pruitt to Texas. I'd bet the former. 

Don't remember who, but one of the 9.95ers said Pruitt wouldn't want to go back to Bama because it'd be too much of  a career setback (going back to the same place he was a few years ago) or something like that. Fingers crossed the compliance department at Texas is in a good mood this week.

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

12 minutes ago, Dijon Robinson said:

Don't remember who, but one of the 9.95ers said Pruitt wouldn't want to go back to Bama because it'd be too much of  a career setback (going back to the same place he was a few years ago) or something like that. Fingers crossed the compliance department at Texas is in a good mood this week.

Hire Pruitt as DC then throw like 1.8M at Raymond to be Co-DC / CBs coach. Take whatever is left of that war chest and throw it at the compliance team to make sure Pruitt and Raymond get approved 😂

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, NTVTXN said:

I saw a 60 Minutes (or maybe it was a 20/20) episode about a woman who raised a chimp from infancy...fast forward a few years- It goes crazy (ape shit, if you will) attacks her and rips her face off. 
I’m.out. No thanks.

If we don’t hurry up and hire a DC my boss is gonna go apeshit because I haven’t done any work. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

I’ve seen this a couple of times and can’t get over how much he looks like my best friend.

Weird, he must have one of those familiar faces. He looks exactly like a female patient of mine who has Down's.

7 hours ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

my brain: This will probably be something thoroughly underwhelming like DeRuyter....   Surly discussed him a lot but insiders really haven't so I tend to think he would qualify. Cal defense is entirely run by their HC Wilcox and this would be a C-tier hire at best but if this mystery thing isn't bullshit that is my blind guess.

my heart: WE GIVING VENABLES 4M A YEAR  LETS GOOOO BRING ON THAT TINY TROLL FACED FUCK

Wilcox doesn’t run the Cal defense... He’s got input but DeRuyter was the play caller til this shortened shit storm of a season.  Sirmon calls the plays now.  Cal is running DeRuyters contract down cause Wilcox’s bestie Sirmon came to town and Sirmon can actually recruit.

DeRuyter is a good game day DC who has actually shown he can make adjustments at halftime.  He doesn’t recruit much but if all Texas needs is a DC for a year or two to call plays and keep things competent?  DeRuyter wouldn’t be bad.  Won’t recruit for shit and is definitely a step below the names mentioned in terms of flash but Texas would be solid defensively... turning Cal’s D around after the heaping steaming pile of shit that Sonny Dykes left is no small feat

• Hook 'Em 1

Hello, fellow Insider kids.  I know who the next DC will probably be, but unfortunately I've been sworn to secret.  It's a name nobody has discussed before.  However, if a competing 9.95er names him/her/it, I will be allowed to confirm that we heard that, I mean this, name first.

If the “nobody has discussed before” part is really true, then it almost has to be an NFL guy. I think every college defensive coach with a pulse has been mentioned in this thread.

7 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Could the mystery DC candidate be Glenn Schumann (GA) or Derrick Ansley (Tenn) ??

This Tenn SI article says "Schumann has emerged as the favorite to be the defensive coordinator at Texas, which thins the field down."

https://www.si.com/college/tennessee/football/vols-dc-derrick-ansley-linked-to-oregon-job

Five years coaching LBs, and Kirby Smarts first hire at Jawha -- Background article on Schumann (below)

https://www.onlineathens.com/sports/dogbytes/2018-01-03/uga-ilb-coach-glenn-schumann-part-process-both-crimson-tide-and-bulldogs

Seems unlikely that a random Tennessee beat guy would have the scoop on a mystery Texas DC candidate, and then drop it in a throwaway line in a throwaway article. He would have had that as it's own article, and gotten a ton of traffic for it. 

Anyway, Schuman is, or was before Muschamp emerged, thought to be the eventual successor to Lanning at Georgia 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Fud said:

Seems unlikely that a random Tennessee beat guy would have the scoop on a mystery Texas DC candidate, and then drop it in a throwaway line in a throwaway article. He would have had that as it's own article, and gotten a ton of traffic for it. 

Anyway, Schuman is, or was before Muschamp emerged, thought to be the eventual successor to Lanning at Georgia 

Pretty de facto considering he is the co-dc with Lanning currently. Interesting note, Schuman never played college football.

1 minute ago, taybo20 said:

Pretty de facto considering he is the co-dc with Lanning currently. Interesting note, Schuman never played college football.

While it's unclear if Lanning actually did receive a big Texas offer, it appears that Kirby did choose to lock him up rather than nudge him out to allow Schumann or Muschamp to take over 

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

While it's unclear if Lanning actually did receive a big Texas offer, it appears that Kirby did choose to lock him up rather than nudge him out to allow Schumann or Muschamp to take over 

Bird in the hand and all. And I think the agent capitalized in the moment.

7 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

Hello, fellow Insider kids.  I know who the next DC will probably be, but unfortunately I've been sworn to secret.  It's a name nobody has discussed before.  However, if a competing 9.95er names him/her/it, I will be allowed to confirm that we heard that, I mean this, name first.

image.gif.5c298c868d7c764e51330820b280a9f1.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

LOL my friend. 

• Haha 2

IMG_4556.GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

hello.

i too heard that name.

i will confirm the name at a time of my choosing.

You Can Trust Me GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Wonder if Ryan Nielsen is a DC candidate? His name was mentioned early on but nothing came of it. 

this is the guy who is currently the Saints DL coach - bio below in case folks don't remember him:

COACHING CAREER: Southern California, 2002, Idaho, 2004; Mississippi, 2005-07; Central Connecticut State, 2008-09; Tennessee-Martin, 2010; Northern Illinois, 2011-12; North Carolina State, 2013-16; New Orleans Saints, 2017-.

Spoiler

Ryan Nielsen is in his fourth season as New Orleans' defensive line coach in 2020. He has a history of developing players on the professional and college levels and brings abundant experience to the position. Since 2017, six different defensive linemen have produced multi-sack games and the New Orleans defense has gone the last 43 regular season and postseason games without allowing a 100-yard rusher.

In 2019, New Orleans ranked third in the NFL with 51 sacks with 38.5 of them coming from the defensive line. New Orleans also ranked fourth in the NFL in opponent yards rushing per game (91.3). Defensive end Cameron Jordan was again instrumental in the defense's success as he tallied a career-high 15.5 sacks, ranked third in the NFL and collected one more in the postseason. Jordan was selected to the Pro Bowl for the third consecutive season, as an Associated Press second-team All-Pro for the second straight campaign and NFC Defensive Player of the Week after a dominating performance with four sacks to tie the team record as the team also tied the club single-game record with nine takedowns. Second-year defensive end Marcus Davenport finished second on the team with six sacks and defensive end Trey Hendrickson added a career-high 4.5 takedowns.

In 2018, Nielsen tutored a front four that contributed to the Saints finishing tied for fifth in the NFL with 49 sacks and ranking second in the league in opponent rushing yards per game (80.2) and opponent yards per rush (3.6). Jordan enjoyed an outstanding season with 12 sacks, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery. Defensive tackle Sheldon Rankins enjoyed a breakthrough season with a career-high eight sacks, the most by a Saints interior defender since 2001. Davenport was a PFWA All-Rookie selection with 4.5 sacks, Defensive tackle David Onyemata had a career-high 4.5 takedowns and Defensive end Alex Okafor chipped in four sacks and a fumble recovery.

In 2017, under Nielsen's supervision, Jordan became the first Saints defensive end to be named an AP first-team All-Pro. Jordan's elite season highlighted by a career-high 13 sacks, earned him numerous individual accomplishments, including his third Pro Bowl nod, his first NFC Defensive Player of the Week (Week Six) and NFC Defensive Player of the Month (November) honors.

From 2013-2016, he was the defensive line/recruiting coordinator/run game coordinator at North Carolina State. The 2016 season saw the Wolfpack rank eighth in the FBS in rush defense and lead the ACC, allowing just 108.6 rushing yards per game — the school's best mark since 2004. Junior defensive end Bradley Chubb recorded 22 tackles for loss, fourth in the country, while his 11 sacks were fourth in the ACC and 19th in the nation. He was named second-team All-ACC. A Broyles Award candidate in 2015/2016, given annually to college football's top assistant coach, Nielsen earned this recognition tutoring a Wolfpack defensive line that was part of a defense that ranked 29th in the FBS in opponent net yards per game. Defensive end Mike Rose was a second-team All-ACC selection after he finished second in the ACC in sacks and ninth in tackles for loss. In the 2018 NFL Draft, four linemen who Nielsen coached in Raleigh; Chubb, B.J. Hill, Justin Jones and Kentavius Street, were all selected.

Nielsen coached at Northern Illinois from 2011-12, including a 2012 season where he was the co-defensive coordinator/defensive line/recruiting coordinator and helped the Huskies to the 2012 GoDaddy.com Bowl. Two defensive lineman were first-team All-MAC selections in 2012, Sean Progar and Alan Baxter, while Nabal Jefferson was a National Scholar-Athlete and finalist for the 2012 William V. Campbell Trophy. In 2011, Nielsen coached Progar and Ron Newcomb to All-Mid American Conference honors.

Serving as the defensive line/special teams coach at Tennessee-Martin in 2010, the Skyhawks led the Ohio Valley Conference in total defense. From 2008-09, Nielsen was the defensive coordinator and coached the defensive line and linebackers at Central Connecticut State. In 2009, Central Connecticut won the Northeastern Conference title. Nielsen served as the defensive line coach at the University of Mississippi from 2005-07 under current LSU Head Coach and former Saints assistant Ed Orgeron, following one season at the University of Idaho, where he coached two freshman All-Americans. Rebels defensive linemen led the Southeastern Conference in sacks twice during his three-year stint. Nielsen got his start in coaching as a volunteer assistant at his alma mater, the University of Southern California in 2002.

Nielsen, a Simi Valley, Calif. native who started 30 games at defensive tackle at USC from 1998-2001, finished his college career with 107 career tackles and was voted the team's Defensive Lineman of the Year in 1999. He graduated with a degree in public policy in 2002 and went to training camp with the Philadelphia Eagles. He played for the Arena Football League's Los Angeles Avengers in 2004.

PLAYING CAREER: Southern California, 1997-2001; Los Angeles Avengers (Arena Football League), 2004.

COACHING CAREER: Southern California, 2002, Idaho, 2004; Mississippi, 2005-07; Central Connecticut State, 2008-09; Tennessee-Martin, 2010; Northern Illinois, 2011-12; North Carolina State, 2013-16; New Orleans Saints, 2017-.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

It’s odd y’all are so certain an adult male wouldn’t leave another adult male for a year or so for an additional million dollars.

He's an older guy with a more-than-comfortable nest egg who enjoys where he works and who he works with. He's past being money-whipped.

5 minutes ago, NoName said:

this is the guy who is currently the Saints DL coach - bio below in case folks don't remember him:

Hide contents

Ryan Nielsen is in his fourth season as New Orleans' defensive line coach in 2020. He has a history of developing players on the professional and college levels and brings abundant experience to the position. Since 2017, six different defensive linemen have produced multi-sack games and the New Orleans defense has gone the last 43 regular season and postseason games without allowing a 100-yard rusher.

In 2019, New Orleans ranked third in the NFL with 51 sacks with 38.5 of them coming from the defensive line. New Orleans also ranked fourth in the NFL in opponent yards rushing per game (91.3). Defensive end Cameron Jordan was again instrumental in the defense's success as he tallied a career-high 15.5 sacks, ranked third in the NFL and collected one more in the postseason. Jordan was selected to the Pro Bowl for the third consecutive season, as an Associated Press second-team All-Pro for the second straight campaign and NFC Defensive Player of the Week after a dominating performance with four sacks to tie the team record as the team also tied the club single-game record with nine takedowns. Second-year defensive end Marcus Davenport finished second on the team with six sacks and defensive end Trey Hendrickson added a career-high 4.5 takedowns.

In 2018, Nielsen tutored a front four that contributed to the Saints finishing tied for fifth in the NFL with 49 sacks and ranking second in the league in opponent rushing yards per game (80.2) and opponent yards per rush (3.6). Jordan enjoyed an outstanding season with 12 sacks, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery. Defensive tackle Sheldon Rankins enjoyed a breakthrough season with a career-high eight sacks, the most by a Saints interior defender since 2001. Davenport was a PFWA All-Rookie selection with 4.5 sacks, Defensive tackle David Onyemata had a career-high 4.5 takedowns and Defensive end Alex Okafor chipped in four sacks and a fumble recovery.

In 2017, under Nielsen's supervision, Jordan became the first Saints defensive end to be named an AP first-team All-Pro. Jordan's elite season highlighted by a career-high 13 sacks, earned him numerous individual accomplishments, including his third Pro Bowl nod, his first NFC Defensive Player of the Week (Week Six) and NFC Defensive Player of the Month (November) honors.

From 2013-2016, he was the defensive line/recruiting coordinator/run game coordinator at North Carolina State. The 2016 season saw the Wolfpack rank eighth in the FBS in rush defense and lead the ACC, allowing just 108.6 rushing yards per game — the school's best mark since 2004. Junior defensive end Bradley Chubb recorded 22 tackles for loss, fourth in the country, while his 11 sacks were fourth in the ACC and 19th in the nation. He was named second-team All-ACC. A Broyles Award candidate in 2015/2016, given annually to college football's top assistant coach, Nielsen earned this recognition tutoring a Wolfpack defensive line that was part of a defense that ranked 29th in the FBS in opponent net yards per game. Defensive end Mike Rose was a second-team All-ACC selection after he finished second in the ACC in sacks and ninth in tackles for loss. In the 2018 NFL Draft, four linemen who Nielsen coached in Raleigh; Chubb, B.J. Hill, Justin Jones and Kentavius Street, were all selected.

Nielsen coached at Northern Illinois from 2011-12, including a 2012 season where he was the co-defensive coordinator/defensive line/recruiting coordinator and helped the Huskies to the 2012 GoDaddy.com Bowl. Two defensive lineman were first-team All-MAC selections in 2012, Sean Progar and Alan Baxter, while Nabal Jefferson was a National Scholar-Athlete and finalist for the 2012 William V. Campbell Trophy. In 2011, Nielsen coached Progar and Ron Newcomb to All-Mid American Conference honors.

Serving as the defensive line/special teams coach at Tennessee-Martin in 2010, the Skyhawks led the Ohio Valley Conference in total defense. From 2008-09, Nielsen was the defensive coordinator and coached the defensive line and linebackers at Central Connecticut State. In 2009, Central Connecticut won the Northeastern Conference title. Nielsen served as the defensive line coach at the University of Mississippi from 2005-07 under current LSU Head Coach and former Saints assistant Ed Orgeron, following one season at the University of Idaho, where he coached two freshman All-Americans. Rebels defensive linemen led the Southeastern Conference in sacks twice during his three-year stint. Nielsen got his start in coaching as a volunteer assistant at his alma mater, the University of Southern California in 2002.

Nielsen, a Simi Valley, Calif. native who started 30 games at defensive tackle at USC from 1998-2001, finished his college career with 107 career tackles and was voted the team's Defensive Lineman of the Year in 1999. He graduated with a degree in public policy in 2002 and went to training camp with the Philadelphia Eagles. He played for the Arena Football League's Los Angeles Avengers in 2004.

PLAYING CAREER: Southern California, 1997-2001; Los Angeles Avengers (Arena Football League), 2004.

Neilson is the pie in the sky candidate for most Tiger fans since Freeman went to ND. If for some reason he went to Texas, they would absolutely melt. Biggest concern is that he has never ran his own D and is rumored to be going to Detroit with Campbell. 

8 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This is one of the biggest piece of shit updates ever made by a $9.95er group. 

1) Anyone claiming anything about Golding pre-title game is full of fucking shit. Had that made up nonsense been real, something would have came of it quickly. Fuck these guys for trying to protect that premise in case Golding actually winds up with an offer. 

2) If you have a scoop and you’re paid to provide it, and then you announce that you can’t provide it, you should refund all of your fucking money to your subscribers, you piece of shit. There is no future scoop to protect that is more valuable than actual knowledge of who Texas is interviewing for the DC right now. 

Anyone defending those fuckfaces after that update should get neg-bombed off of this site. 

Tell us how you really feel....Don’t hold back...we can handle the truth. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

2) If you have a scoop and you’re paid to provide it, and then you announce that you can’t provide it, you should refund all of your fucking money to your subscribers, you piece of shit. There is no future scoop to protect that is more valuable than actual knowledge of who Texas is interviewing for the DC right now. 

That was my thinking while reading that part. You're charging people, and you're teasing them with information (if you do actually have any). Better to not mention it at all. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

That was my thinking while reading that part. You're charging people, and you're teasing them with information (if you do actually have any). Better to not mention it at all. 

If they don’t tease a name they’ve heard but can’t repeat, how can they claim prior knowledge if the dc ends up being someone they haven’t mentioned?  
I’ve yet to be convinced by any argument that some 9.95er posting a name as a possible target would in any way derail talks with that target or any other target that might read or hear about it. 
I was going to hear your pitch until I found out someone said you would be pitching me. 
let’s not give their current employer a heads up and time to keep them, even though most any coach would go back to their current employer and give them a chance to retain them if they are happy. And if they’re not...

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

It’s not a nefarious attempt to conceal information. It’s a weak ass attempt to make people believe you know something. So it is not really stealing as much as it is lying. These guys are all full of shit. Look at Nahlin and Gerry’s coded messages on the LJ update. They don’t fucking know but they want to claim credit later if he chooses Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Also, the monkey discussion is giving me flashbacks. I was attacked by a roving band of Japanese snowmonkeys while fishing on the Pedernales River in the mid-90’s. They’d long ago escaped from the South Texas Primate Rescue center. It was a haunting experience. I wonder if this broad uses her monkey as a means of keeping Banks in line. They have an instinct for slapping dickheads hard across the face until the man submits. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Also, the monkey discussion is giving me flashbacks. I was attacked by a roving band of Japanese snowmonkeys while fishing on the Pedernales River in the mid-90’s. They’d long ago escaped from the South Texas Primate Rescue center. It was a haunting experience. I wonder if this broad uses her monkey as a means of keeping Banks in line. They have an instinct for slapping dickheads hard across the face until the man submits. 

That is awesome. I have been eyeballing this cap by Sendero 

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You just gotta show 'em who's boss.

Every which way but loose GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

CTJ is Nolan??

• Hook 'Em 4

19 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

It’s not a nefarious attempt to conceal information. It’s a weak ass attempt to make people believe you know something. So it is not really stealing as much as it is lying. These guys are all full of shit. Look at Nahlin and Gerry’s coded messages on the LJ update. They don’t fucking know but they want to claim credit later if he chooses Texas. 

Nahlin and Gerry are financially tied to clicks and views.  All these 9.95ers arr

as for te harm that can be done from releasing names, did IT blow the saban debacle?   It’s a question.  Idk

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I read fishing as fisting.  Damn this forum.

• Haha 1