Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

17 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Ok well this still may be a domino but not in the way we thought. Sounds like Pruitt may be untouchable even for Saban. Now that variable is off the table.

Full list of UT personnel fired today: 

-Head coach Jeremy Pruitt 
-Assistant coaches Brian Niedermeyer and Shelton Felton 
-4 members of on-campus FB recruiting staff 
-The director and assistant director of FB player personnel 
-A football analyst/quality control coach

6 minutes ago, CosmoDog said:

How much would it take to convince Heacock that Texas is an upgrade over ISU? Or any other place Campbell might wind up.

Heacock had his salary cut to 850k due to the rona by the AD, If we offered him $2 mil there is no way he could turn that down and no way they could match.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Scratching my head on the early hire of Gideon too... it seems to be getting in the way of the hire of a new DC plus whoever he might want to bring along...

Hutzler seems to be a great coach - really wanted him to stay another year for continuity on defensive side of the ball.

I think it may be with Joseph's new twitter bio that Gideon is the safety coach, there will be a yet to be named CB coach, and both will report to Joseph. Joseph's primary job will be devising coverages and he sets the overall direction of the secondary. It is interesting, but with the proliferation of the passing game in college football I can understand Sarkisian's thinking.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Scratching my head on the early hire of Gideon too... it seems to be getting in the way of the hire of a new DC plus whoever he might want to bring along...

Hutzler seems to be a great coach - really wanted him to stay another year for continuity on defensive side of the ball.

I think anyone would have looked like a great coach following up what Orlando did where there was zero teaching of fundamentals. All he had to do was actually teach them how to play their position and he was going to look like a genius. 

I’m sure Hutzler is a good coach but is it a little head scratching he’s going to be a STC if he’s as good as some Texas fans try to tell us.

18 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I think it may be with Joseph's new twitter bio that Gideon is the safety coach, there will be a yet to be named CB coach, and both will report to Joseph. Joseph's primary job will be devising coverages and he sets the overall direction of the secondary. It is interesting, but with the proliferation of the passing game in college football I can understand Sarkisian's thinking.

Sounds like he’s the dc?  

Á

9 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

So O got his man... it’s like Arnett and Texas are the last 2 drunks left at the bar at closing time... time to stumble off into the Motel 6

Arnett doesnt sound like he is the guy. Getting passed over by Oregon, LSU, and others isn't a good sign. 

22 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

This is a really interesting setup if true. It also could potentially give a path for Lupui as a DC or co DC since this seemed like it was his weakness the first go round.

8 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Á

Arnett doesnt sound like he is the guy. Getting passed over by Oregon, LSU, and others isn't a good sign. 

there are lots of questions around his buyout and which one is currently in play...

https://www.cdispatch.com/sports/article.asp?aid=85657

While no immediate details were made public, the first-year defensive coordinator's contract situation has made any potential departure from Starkville slightly more complicated. Arnett received a three-year extension in December worth north of $1 million annually that raised his buyout from roughly $450,000 for another Southeastern Conference job to $1.7 million according to a source. The extension is also expected to pay Arnett $1.1 million annually by the end of the deal.

it has also been rumored to be about $2m for his buyout

he isn't getting passed up just because he is a shitty interview - more things are going into play

Edited by NoName

35 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

So O got his man... it’s like Arnett and Texas are the last 2 drunks left at the bar at closing time... time to stumble off into the Motel 6

The singer on stage is just cleaning herself up before emerging to be taken home and fucked. She’s a star, cares about her appearance and she’s ours

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

Or Heacock or Odom or Leonhard or Muschamp. So pretty much anyone.

1 hour ago, CosmoDog said:

How much would it take to convince Heacock that Texas is an upgrade over ISU? Or any other place Campbell might wind up.

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

Heacock had his salary cut to 850k due to the rona by the AD, If we offered him $2 mil there is no way he could turn that down and no way they could match.

1 hour ago, Born Burnt said:

RashVigorousFeline-max-1mb.gif

I'm banging this chicken until 9.95 reports Bellmont at least made a call!!  

Edited by RollLeft

8 minutes ago, MIkeHoncho said:

Jerry Gray had been advocated for until he finally landed a job at Texas and then moved on after less than a month. Can't blame him he went from a position coach to DC but that was kind of the end of folks asking for Jerry Gray every time there was an opening.

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Jerry Gray had been advocated for until he finally landed a job at Texas and then moved on after less than a month. Can't blame him he went from a position coach to DC but that was kind of the end of folks asking for Jerry Gray every time there was an opening.

Tenn had made the playoffs the years prior and the years after Jerry's three years of being a DC.  He got his shot and he blew it.  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

yeah, I remember that fiasco.  But we seem to be at the point of throw out any name you can think of.  At least he has ties to Texas, was a quality DC, is a position coach now so might want to be "the guy" again, and is with a team still playing so explains the delay in naming him.  99.9% it won't happen, but at least he ain't stoops.  :)