Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

I'd tap the brakes on all the Pruitt speculation. There is a good chance Pruitt ends up coaching in the Italian league.
According to Sark our brake lines are cut. Have you missed the fact we now have a monkey and stripper on staff?
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, salonghorn said:

OK, let's assume that TFB is correct about the DC whose name can not be uttered Who do you think it is?

The guitarist for the Dwarves is called He Who Cannot be Named. Putting him in the mix at this point because it makes as much sense as anything else in this thread. Also, don't google HWCBN unless you want to see him in all his natural glory. 

HeWhoCannotBeNamed1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

20 minutes ago, Machinator said:

DC update from TFB:

Reveal hidden contents

***I’ll tell you up front. I still can’t give out the name of the new DC target. But as I said in the comments section in the previous post, he’s a great candidate and he’s more seasoned than someone like Golding.

***As of this past weekend, folks in his camp felt like they were close to a deal and then things went a bit quiet on Sunday.

***As I said, yesterday, that could’ve been due to a number of reasons. Could have been due to nothing other than Sark wanted to take a breather before anything proceeded.

***I am told that talks have resumed between Texas and this other DC target.

***That tells me that either Golding was never really offered or Golding declined. I tend to think it was the former. Why? Because we are a week past the national championship. Sark knows everything he needs to know about Golding. Why would he begin discussions with another candidate only to turn around an suddenly offer the guy he’s already known and worked with?

***My suspicion remains that the Golding reports about Texas trying to pay top dollar for him was someone trying to see if they could push things with LSU. Well, LSU hired a DC today and it wasn’t Pete Golding.

***If I had to guess, Sark knew the results of the Pruitt thing were coming and he held things up to see what would come of those. Pruitt was fired today with cause which may mean he will carry a “show cause”. That doesn’t mean he can’t be hired but what it actually means will take time to know and would require Texas to navigate.

***As I said yesterday, I was told that Pruitt told one his transfers to hold off on a decision and said he could get him a spot with Sark at Texas. That’s straight from the mouth of a family member of the player.

***Also, I’ve heard from folks on Arnett’s side who say that they believe Sark really likes Arnett but that the big money folks would prefer a bigger name like a Pruitt or Golding. This other DC I’ve been referring to may be a nice a balance between them all, actually. Don’t know if the name is big enough for the big money people but his resume is hard to argue with and his name in coaching circles in bigger than Arnett’s.

***So, what happens now? I don’t know for sure but if talks have resumed between Sark and the DC who I’m choosing not to name, then I’d guess there’s at least a decent chance he ends up landing the job. It also says that nothing has necessarily been decided.

***I’ll give things another day or two before we begin to close the book on Golding. I’m almost expecting to press publish on this article and find a report on twitter that Golding is headed to Texas haha!

***It may take a little longer to know whether the book is open or closed on Pruitt.

This “update” is worse than yesterday’s lord. “I know a secret that you can’t know”...thought TFB was better than that

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, RGBIII said:

This “update” is worse than yesterday’s lord. “I know a secret that you can’t know”...thought TFB was better than that

The sad part is not only is it a “I know something but I’m not telling “ story it still includes a ton of “we don’t know shit” in there as well

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

The guitarist for the Dwarves is called He Who Cannot be Named. Putting him in the mix at this point because it makes as much sense as anything else in this thread. Also, don't google HWCBN unless you want to see him in all his natural glory. 

I hosted a burlesque show one time with Blag and he was a total choade.
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Machinator said:

DC update from TFB:

Reveal hidden contents

***I’ll tell you up front. I still can’t give out the name of the new DC target. But as I said in the comments section in the previous post, he’s a great candidate and he’s more seasoned than someone like Golding.

***As of this past weekend, folks in his camp felt like they were close to a deal and then things went a bit quiet on Sunday.

***As I said, yesterday, that could’ve been due to a number of reasons. Could have been due to nothing other than Sark wanted to take a breather before anything proceeded.

***I am told that talks have resumed between Texas and this other DC target.

***That tells me that either Golding was never really offered or Golding declined. I tend to think it was the former. Why? Because we are a week past the national championship. Sark knows everything he needs to know about Golding. Why would he begin discussions with another candidate only to turn around an suddenly offer the guy he’s already known and worked with?

***My suspicion remains that the Golding reports about Texas trying to pay top dollar for him was someone trying to see if they could push things with LSU. Well, LSU hired a DC today and it wasn’t Pete Golding.

***If I had to guess, Sark knew the results of the Pruitt thing were coming and he held things up to see what would come of those. Pruitt was fired today with cause which may mean he will carry a “show cause”. That doesn’t mean he can’t be hired but what it actually means will take time to know and would require Texas to navigate.

***As I said yesterday, I was told that Pruitt told one his transfers to hold off on a decision and said he could get him a spot with Sark at Texas. That’s straight from the mouth of a family member of the player.

***Also, I’ve heard from folks on Arnett’s side who say that they believe Sark really likes Arnett but that the big money folks would prefer a bigger name like a Pruitt or Golding. This other DC I’ve been referring to may be a nice a balance between them all, actually. Don’t know if the name is big enough for the big money people but his resume is hard to argue with and his name in coaching circles in bigger than Arnett’s.

***So, what happens now? I don’t know for sure but if talks have resumed between Sark and the DC who I’m choosing not to name, then I’d guess there’s at least a decent chance he ends up landing the job. It also says that nothing has necessarily been decided.

***I’ll give things another day or two before we begin to close the book on Golding. I’m almost expecting to press publish on this article and find a report on twitter that Golding is headed to Texas haha!

***It may take a little longer to know whether the book is open or closed on Pruitt.

That specific part about the Arnett being Sark's favorite but not a big enough name has to be absolute bullshit right? Surely we are not so fucking stupid as a program to allow the money folks any say whatsoever in the coordinator hire. I mean its one thing to give them sway over the HC search when they are being asked to write so many checks. It is even reasonable for them to put their foot down and be like "No, you cannot hire the retard crackhead Stoops brother" but to think they could reject a name like Arnett is absurd. 

7 minutes ago, salonghorn said:

OK, let's assume that TFB is correct about the DC whose name can not be uttered Who do you think it is?

My guess remains DeRuyter. Kind of threw it out as a blind guess after they first mentioned the mystery guy and the way they describe him here as "a bigger name with more of a track record but still not a HUGE name" fits. I think it will be a brutally underwhelming hire and a step back from Ash but not like a Watson-tier debacle if correct. 

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

That specific part about the Arnett being Sark's favorite but not a big enough name has to be absolute bullshit right? Surely we are not so fucking stupid as a program to allow the money folks any say whatsoever in the coordinator hire. I mean its one thing to give them sway over the HC search when they are being asked to write so many checks. It is even reasonable for them to put their foot down and be like "No, you cannot hire the retard crackhead Stoops brother" but to think they could reject a name like Arnett is absurd. 

My guess remains DeRuyter. Kind of threw it out as a blind guess after they first mentioned the mystery guy and the way they describe him here as "a bigger name with more of a track record but still not a HUGE name" fits. I think it will be a brutally underwhelming hire and a step back from Ash but not like a Watson-tier debacle if correct. 

Deruyter was good at Cal. Their defense suffered when Wilcox shoved him out for his buddy Sirmon.

Was not expecting this DC search to have quite such a Berkeley flavor tbh.

5 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

I bet that he would get along well with the monkey.

• Like 1

The only Watson like debacle that has been discussed is Mike Stoops (and I know that wasn't dc, but still).

Just like with the Meyer stuff, when you let names like muschamp and odom get out there, you've dug a hole for yourself to climb out of if the name is anything other than an obvious home run.

I'm really happy with the staff so far and trust that we're only taking this long on this one because it's important. The last 10 years have given me ptsd that's preparing me for the worst, but until/unless that happens I'll choose to believe we got it right this time around.

8 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

Deruyter fits tfbs description 

Kris Richard's name was mentioned by someone briefly, early in the process.

Looks like he's still available.

- He was CB,  then DB coach at Seattle in 2011, 12-14 respectively, when they had very good pass defences.

- DC from 15-17.  They were good in 15/16, then slid back a little in 17, after which he was fired.

- Solid years in Dallas, in 18-19.  Fired w/ Garret.

Looked mainly and yards per play, and scoring defense. (Hopefully they're not too bad as stats for a quick assessment.)

Thoughts?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Kris Richard's name was mentioned by someone briefly, early in the process.

Looks like he's still available.

- He was CB,  then DB coach at Seattle in 2011, 12-14 respectively, when they had very good pass defences.

- DC from 15-17.  They were good in 15/16, then slid back a little in 17, after which he was fired.

- Solid years in Dallas, in 18-19.  Fired w/ Garret.

Looked mainly and yards per play, and scoring defense. (Hopefully they're not too bad as stats for a quick assessment.)

Thoughts?

I remember him. At one point he was a very hot name for hc

13 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Brad White is an under the radar name. So not sure it fits with any report. But he’s been doing a pretty solid job at Kentucky and has NFL coaching experience as well. 

https://247sports.com/college/kentucky/Article/Kentucky-defense-153308273/

I threw that name out like 100 pages ago. If it was forgotten I don't blame them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, theaveragejon said:

I think Grinch is ass; and would be a disappointing hire. 

It doesn’t matter because it’s not happening, but he took OU from the Stoops debacle to 7th best defense in the country in 2 years. It would be stupid to be disappointed by that hire. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I don't get all this TFB hate. They sat on the Bru news for a couple weeks and people still bitched them out for breaking it too soon. Now we're bitching because they're not spilling a name they were asked to keep quiet. I get that this board doesn't need rationality to shit on 9.95ers but come on guys

5 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

I don't get all this TFB hate. They sat on the Bru news for a couple weeks and people still bitched them out for breaking it too soon. Now we're bitching because they're not spilling a name they were asked to keep quiet. I get that this board doesn't need rationality to shit on 9.95ers but come on guys

It's because people think it's bullshit that they have a name at all.

Ill keep beating the Chris Hewitt drum until a 995er claims it as their own. From a Blogging the Boys article pertaining to their since ended DC search

[quote]

Hewitt is a bit of a rising star in the coaching ranks, and was under consideration for the Chiefs defensive coordinator job prior to the 2019 season. Before joining the Ravens, Hewitt held a variety of coaching roles with the Rutgers Scarlet Knights from 2004 to 2011. There, he worked under head coach Greg Schiano, whose program became known for its stellar defenses.

[/quote]

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I mean...Cal isn’t a good job right? 

Yeah that "currently has a really good job" line makes me think it is NOT Tim Deyruter. Maybe I need to change my guess. Obviously it is subjective and maybe TFB just has a very positive outlook on the world but I consider Cal a third tier program in a conference that hasn't sniffed consistent relevance in a decade. I wouldn't call that a really good gig. Compared to like fucking UNT sure but in a general sense? Nah. Even if you disagree about Cal's stature, Deruyter is currently in a somewhat awkward position as his HC Wilcox seems to be increasingly favoring Sirmon as his right hand guy instead. 

15 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Tfb also was the first on the sark ship