Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

Just now, HateYouAndMyself said:

Whoever rounds out the defensive staff really needs to be a great recruiter. Davis is great but Gideon is a complete unknown (I expect him to develop into a great one with all his Texas HS ties but it'll take time), Joseph is an okay recruiter but nothing special, and Peter K is generally considered a non-factor in recruitment beyond simply guys wanting to play for his defense. So we just go hire the best recruiter we can find who coaches LBs or CBs and call this bitch done?

Joseph is better than an okay recruiter. 

Longhorns coaching search updates: Washington DC Pete Kwiatkowski emerging as choice at Texas

Wescott Eberts  37 mins ago

Throughout the days since Steve Sarkisian was named the new Texas Longhorns head coach on Saturday, there’s been plenty of news swirling about potential coaching hires for the 31st head coach in Longhorns history.

Here’s the overview of where things stand with Tom Herman’s coaching staff and news about Sarkisian’s targets and hires.

After pursuing a number of current or former SEC coordinators, Washington defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski emerged as the leading candidate late Monday evening.

A former Boise State defensive lineman, Kwiatkowski got his first coordinator job at Montana State in 2000, returned to his alma mater and earned the coordinator title in 2010, then followed Chris Petersen to Washington in the post-Sark era and kept that job since 2014.

His defenses are known not only for limiting scoring, but also for producing a consistent streak of NFL talent.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/longhorns-coaching-search-updates-washington-dc-pete-kwiatkowski-emerging-as-choice-at-texas/ar-BB1cSnno?ocid=uxbndlbing

Pete Kwiatkowski set to leave Washington for Texas?

By.  CHRIS FETTERS      67 minutes ago

In a stunning development, longtime Washington assistant coach Pete Kwiatkowski, the defensive coordinator who helped create the No. 1 defense in the Pac-12 the past seven years, could leave Montlake and take a job with former UW Head Coach Steve Sarkisian at the University of Texas. Tweets coming out late Monday night have Kwiatkowski as the leading candidate to run Sarkisian’s defense in Austin.

Kwiatkowski is currently earning $1.1 million as Washington’s defensive coordinator and outside linebackers coach. UW has been top-3 in defensive scoring every year since joining the Huskies from Boise State, including number-one four times. But Texas has clout and could easily make Coach K one of the highest-paid assistants in all of college football.

Not only has Kwiatkowski developed the top defense on the west coast, he has also helped cultivate a pipeline from Washington to the NFL. As of now, 16 players from UW’s ‘Death Row’ defense are playing pro football.

Budda Baker, Sidney Jones, Hau'oli Kikaha, Kevin King, Byron Murphy, Marcus Peters, Taylor Rapp, Danny Shelton, Shaq Thompson, and Vita Vea were all picked in either the first or second round of the NFL Draft since Kwiatkowski’s arrival in 2014. Vea and Gaines were named back-to-back Morris Trophy winners in 2017 and 2018, selected by their peers to be the best defensive linemen in the conference.

https://247sports.com/college/washington/Article/Washington-Huskies-UW-Football-defensive-coordinator-leaves-for-Texas-Longhorns-Steve-Sarkisian-159545363/

16 minutes ago, Dijon Robinson said:

Kinda apples to oranges

I mean is it?  It’s not like we play OU every week. 

It you want an apples to apples comparison, in that same stretch Texas has given up over 35 twice to PAC teams. Three if you count BYU.  

Edited by UncleSonny
  • Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Woot! You mean to tell me that Pete Golding to Texas was made up bullshit when being pushed out there ahead of the national title game? Stunning. 

This is a shocking, excellent fucking hire. This staff fucks.  

• Hook 'Em 1

With this hire, this is currently a top-five staff in college football and with the right CB hire is arguably as good as any in the country. Sark backed up the big talk about who he could bring with him. 

Edited by Redmen62
  • Hook 'Em 7

So this guy posted something on the message board for husky's that was interpreted as he is staying.

Someone on Husky board stated crisis has been averted.

1406svpb0471.png

So is the deal he is going to get a raise and staying or the deal is that he is coming to Texas. The statement above can be seen either way.

1 minute ago, DanTheHorn said:

So this guy posted something on the message board for husky's that was interpreted as he is staying.

1406svpb0471.png

So is the deal he is going to get a raise and staying or the deal is that he is coming to Texas. The statement above can be seen either way.

Oh shit here we go again

1 minute ago, DanTheHorn said:

1406svpb0471.png

Didn't someone post that earlier as supporting evidence of him coming to Texas?

2 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

1406svpb0471.png

Dont do this shit to me...

tumblr_pfbans6cf81tnlbtj_500.gif

• Haha 2

Decent post from Husky forum that suggest that there are problems at UW and that maybe why he is coming.

So Kwiatkowski volunteers to take a demotion in order to keep Jimmy Lake in the family, follows a coach like Petersen around regardless of job offers/head coaching opportunities, is as BFL/OKG as it gets, but he's going to leave for Sark and Texas?

Dafuggouttahere.

If this is a real thing and not just Texas fans once again acting like spoiled children who think they can have whatever they want only to later be proven wrong, then UW's program is truly dead, as this would point to Coach K having zero confidence and seeking a payday before retirement. He's made zero moves in his coaching history to suggest he's a guy who values money over everything or is seeking promotion or prestige. A sudden about face would be a terrible omen of what's going on behind closed doors in the Washington program.

9 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

1406svpb0471.png

He’s not replying to anyone mentioning a raise from Washington. I don’t know how to read this other than he expects the deal with Texas to get done. The different source is just him saying he’s verified the info separate from TFB/the Texas side. 

Edited by UncleSonny

Just now, UncleSonny said:

He’s not replying to anyone mentioning a raise from Washington. I don’t know how to read this other than he expects the deal with Texas to get done. The different source is just him saying he’s verified the info separate from TDB/the Texas side. 

That is what I am thinking so I guess the Husky fan read it with denial goggles on?

• Hook 'Em 1

Looks like 'Coach K' was a candidate for the Rams DC job recently... https://ramblinfan.com/2020/01/06/5-top-candidates-la-rams-must-consider-for-vacant-dc-role/5/

I like this bit:

Coach K’s defense was one of the best throughout his career at the Pac-12, despite less lauded recruiting classes.  That’s because K focuses on work ethic, getting to know his players personally, and a willingness to do whatever it takes to help the team succeed. Place that type of dedication onto the coaching staff at the NFL level will only lead to good outcomes.

3 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

He’s not replying to anyone mentioning a raise from Washington. I don’t know how to read this other than he expects the deal with Texas to get done. The different source is just him saying he’s verified the info separate from TFB/the Texas side. 

Yeah that's how I read it too.

The folks at the Husky board are starting to make me slobber over this hire if it comes true.

All good points, but maybe he also knows a winning CEO when he sees one vis a vis Pete, and doesn't see it in Jimmy.

Maybe he sees the opportunity to bathe himself in infinite glory resuscitating a moribund giant where they are underachieving and LITERALLY every stop will get pulled to achieve success. His defense with no compromises personnel-wise would be breathtaking.

And the dude also seems to REALLY enjoy recruiting Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I doubt it, but because someone on Twitter mentioned that number, I assume that’s what we’re going with as an immediately assumed fact. 

Saw on UW 247 someone claimed 6 million guaranteed. 2 per over 3 years. Internet, so definitely true.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1