Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

1 hour ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I'll always appreciate since73 for singlehandedly jinxing away their chances in the 08 RRS with this little gem: http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/17920-How-does-it-feel-to-wake-up-this-morning?s=9f189664fcc91b7e4da43b0278784d53

I remember that.  He was such a shitty poster.  Wasn't be the one who was robbed by a hooker?

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

I recall after the win over Nebraska in 1998, me and a certain law school classmate who shall not be named ( @Daichee Bell) were shithoused on the Drag after the win and decided to follow a group who thought it would be fun to go jump in the Littlefield Fountain. We sprinted across campus only to be met by a wall of campus police around the fountain who figured this might be a thing. We casually waved to them on our approach and the jogged back to West Campus to drink some more.

Wait. The Nebraska game and fountain electrocution was 1998 (not 1999) when we broke their home win streak. 

Edited by Daichee Bell
Olds

13 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I recall after the win over Nebraska in 1998, me and a certain law school classmate who shall not be named ( @Daichee Bell) were shithoused on the Drag after the win and decided to follow a group who thought it would be fun to go jump in the Littlefield Fountain. We sprinted across campus only to be met by a wall of campus police around the fountain who figured this might be a thing. We casually waved to them on our approach and the jogged back to West Campus to drink some more.

Didn’t we flip a bus on the drag, or am I misremembering?

13 minutes ago, South Austin said:

1999 or 1998? We upset them in Austin in 1998. I remember I was dating a hot Anesthesiologist and she was an Ole Miss grad she loved that game we we got married the next year. 

4 minutes ago, Daichee Bell said:

@SouthAustin we were there in 99, too. I got my foot in when everyone started getting hit by the electricity. Then we jogged back to west campus to drink some more. 

I wasn’t there for the post game in 1999. I left after the game to go back to Dallas where I lived at the time.

However, after the win over in Nebraska in 2003, we went back to the End Zone Club and I, as the drunkest guy in the tent, assumed the role of checking everyone’s ID. Good times.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, MAGS® said:

Nobody flipped the bus but we were on top of it.  Drag was full.  

I was hammered because a buddy graduated that day and his parents threw a game watching party with an open bar to celebrate., and we ran up the tab.  I recall a bus being accosted, but couldn’t remember if it was flipped.

5 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I wasn’t there for the post game in 1999. I left after the game to go back to Dallas where I lived at the time.

However, after the win over in Nebraska in 2003, we went back to the End Zone Club and I, as the drunkest guy in the tent, assumed the role of checking everyone’s ID. Good times.

Was the only time we just really kicked their ass.  The rest were soul stealing close wins.  Many last second and improbable, like the fumble forced by Ross in 2006 where all the NU receiver had to do was fall down after the catch and our walkon backup kicker who had never played had to come in and kick the winning FG.

• Hook 'Em 1

1999 or 1998? We upset them in Austin in 1998. I remember I was dating a hot Anesthesiologist and she was an Ole Miss grad she loved that game we we got married the next year. 

We beat them at Nebraska in 1998. Applewhite threw the TD sidearm and got concussed to win. 1999 was at DKR Applewhite to who? Mike Jones
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Was the only time we just really kicked their ass.  The rest were soul stealing close wins.  Many last second and improbable, like the fumble forced by Ross in 2006 where all the NU receiver had to do was fall down after the catch and our walkon backup kicker who had never played had to come in and kick the winning FG.

Ah yes. The 2006 game was truly Providence.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I think the mods said no more of them. A new era of longhorn football!

Fire threads can be started when they are warranted. Examples below

Historically bad performance in a single or multi game span

An off the field incident

Having less than a 50% win pct in year 1

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Bamboozled73 said:

It’ was the 1996 big 12 championship upset. 

No I'm not drunk yet. I remember going to a Nebraska game in Austin 1999. Nebraska was like #3 in the nation we upset them at that game.  a key play was a fumble at our goal line that turned the game.  

It seems weird that Kwiatkowski would take one for the team over at Washington by accepting a demotion to placate Jimmy Lake for the benefit of the program, just to bounce to another defensive coordinator position that's only a moderate step up soon thereafter. If I'm a Huskies fan I'm struggling not to take this as a red flag that there's trouble in my program. What do Huskies fans make of all this?

Just now, touchthemonolith said:

It seems weird that Kwiatkowski would take one for the team over at Washington by accepting a demotion to placate Jimmy Lake for the benefit of the program, just to bounce to another defensive coordinator position that's only a moderate step up soon thereafter. If I'm a Huskies fan I'm struggling not to take this as a red flag that there's trouble in my program. What do Huskies fans make of all this?

We doubled his salary.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

big brother dont care GIF by Big Brother After Dark

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

Based on hardcorehusky, Lake promised to let PK run his side of the ball, but he kept meddling as the season went on.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I remember watching that game on a 24" tube tv in some shithole restaurant in Sargent, TX after wade fishing East Matty that morning.

Funny, I watched in HD. I remember Bailey coming in the game and I was like...who?

Edited by taybo20