Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

Cashing in literally all of your goodwill to hire cokehead regard Stoops is in and of itself indefensible.

He could have our players looking like Urlacher out there and the fanbase would still (justifiably) want him gone from our sidelines. Just an indefensible, tone-deaf decision, especially if the rumors are true that the boosters nixed Stoops to Sark a few weeks ago.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

He could have our players looking like Urlacher out there and the fanbase would still want (justifiably) him gone from our sidelines. Just an indefensible, tone-deaf decision, especially if the rumors are true that the boosters nixed Stoops to Sark a few weeks ago.

Not to mention Sark could simply have kept Hutzler. He went out of his way to hire Stoops instead. WTF

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

He was always going to bring Stoops, just built out the staff first for cover. It's not a Watson level fuckup because it's not a coordinator position (though I bet he gets a run game coordinator tag) but it's worse than any of Herman's position coach hires because of the context. Definitely strike one for Sark. Can't wait to be part of the meltdown every time a LB misses a tackle next year (and there will be a lot).

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, HornyPony69 said:

This isn’t a horrible hire at this particular position.

1. He isn’t DC like he was at OU.
2. He will only be coaching inside linebackers. That’s at most 2 players on the field at any given time.
3. He’s been in the Saban coaching career rehabilitation facility for years.
4. His 247 profile shows he’s not a bad recruiter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_5464.png

What? Are you trying to use logic on surlies? EEEEEJJJIIIITTTTT Where is CTJ when we need him

1 minute ago, ausjala said:

What? Are you trying to use logic on surlies? EEEEEJJJIIIITTTTT Where is CTJ when we need him

"Logic", lol. You realize Stoops is a defensive backs coach by background, right? He never coached LBs even when he was a position coach at K-State.

This hire makes no sense.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

He was always going to bring Stoops, just built out the staff first for cover. It's not a Watson level fuckup because it's not a coordinator position (though I bet he gets a run game coordinator tag) but it's worse than any of Herman's position coach hires because of the context. Definitely strike one for Sark. Can't wait to be part of the meltdown every time a LB misses a tackle next year (and there will be a lot).

His position misses any in October and it’s game on. 

Well, I take back everything I said this morning about Joseph being the most questionable hire. 

tenor.gif 

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Wiki says Stoops last coached LB’s 30 years ago. 

WTF. I didn’t even realize he’s been a DBs coach his whole career, which is even worse cuz OU DBs were always traaaaaash. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I’m going to lose my shit every time a LB misses a tackle and be fucking proud of it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

Well, I take back everything I said this morning about Joseph being the most questionable hire. 

tenor.gif 

WTF. I didn’t even realize he’s been a DBs coach his whole career, which is even worse cuz OU DBs were always traaaaaash. 

yeah, Roy Williams wasn't worth a shit. 

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Wiki says Stoops last coached LB’s 30 years ago. 

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

"Logic", lol. You realize Stoops is a defensive backs coach by background, right? He never coached LBs even when he was a position coach at K-State.

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

I did not know this. Didn't realize I could feel worse about this hire.

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

please tell me this actually another agent ploy/leak to get Stoops a job elsewhere (other than on the forty) ???

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, HornyPony69 said:

This isn’t a horrible hire at this particular position.

1. He isn’t DC like he was at OU.
2. He will only be coaching inside linebackers. That’s at most 2 players on the field at any given time.
3. He’s been in the Saban coaching career rehabilitation facility for years.
4. His 247 profile shows he’s not a bad recruiter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_5464.png

He has definitely recruited some studs at LB and DE, Ronnie Perkins, Nik Bonitto, Ron Tatum, and J Redmond. he gets who he is supposed to get from close to home as well. The only silver lining could be he hates Lincoln Riley for firing him. He needs a muzzle and a shock collar. Not happy, but, maybe a chickenshit to chicken salad situation, if true.

Trying to be a glass half full kinda guy.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 1