Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

My point is bias is clearly a factor in this reaction and if you can’t see that you’re a part of it. Is it a meh hire? Sure. Is it catastrophic to the point that 90% of people are making it out to be? Probably not.

there are 50 other guys that don't have his baggage.  the guy is a failure.  seriously, hire Derrick Johnson and have PK teach him how to coach LBers.

The ONLY positive is he has some knowledge of Riley's O...if he can string enough words together to explain it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

My point is bias is clearly a factor in this reaction and if you can’t see that you’re a part of it. Is it a meh hire? Sure. Is it catastrophic to the point that 90% of people are making it out to be? Probably not.

You're trying to come off as the “rational one” here and instead, you're just making an ass of yourself. But please, keep fucking that chicken Hank.

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, perfectchaos007 said:

I'm confused because Sark said putting together a staff is like putting together a puzzle and Mark Stoops is that puzzle piece a dog ate and you had to recover it from his bowel movement 4 days later.

wish it were Mark Stoops rather than this shithead.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

there are 50 other guys that don't have his baggage.  the guy is a failure.  seriously, hire Derrick Johnson and have PK teach him how to coach LBers.

The ONLY positive is he has some knowledge of Riley's O...if he can string enough words together to explain it. 

DJ is actually a pretty fucking good idea.

7 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Seems like they think he's a decent hire, for LB coach.  SAban kept him around for two years and he's a cancer?

I am slowly coming to the belief that Saban has divine intervention from God to win National Championships. It is a byproduct of what he is really doing. His real calling is ridding great coaches of their self-destructive behavior, and setting them back on the path to doing what they were meant to do, their passion, coaching football. Has Mike Stoops been rehabilitated? Probably. Do I want him on the coaching staff? Fuck no. But, who has been on the Saban Wagon, and gone on to embarrass themselves afterward? 

I guess this what happens when you go from anger, denial, rationalization, back to anger, denial, rationalization. Just a vicious cycle......and bourbon.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

For what it's worth, I don't think Stoops' WIkipedia page is correct. There are press releases from 2017 naming him as "Defensive Coordinator/Outside Linebackers' Coach/Assistant Head Coach"

So at least it's been more recent since 1991.

He's not coaching OLBs, though. At least that's not what we've been led to believe.

3 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

I am slowly coming to the belief that Saban has divine intervention from God to win National Championships. It is a byproduct of what he is really doing. His real calling is ridding great coaches of their self-destructive behavior, and setting them back on the path to doing what they were meant to do, their passion, coaching football. Has Mike Stoops been rehabilitated? Probably. Do I want him on the coaching staff? Fuck no. But, who has been on the Saban Wagon, and gone on to embarrass themselves afterward? 

I guess this what happens when you go from anger, denial, rationalization, back to anger, denial, rationalization. Just a vicious cycle......and bourbon.

CHIEF

Jeremy Pruitt?