Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

6 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Jeremy Pruitt?

Not really a character flaw. Just a guy that got caught playing by SEC rules with not enough clout to sweep it under the rug. Just got too big for his britches.

Hitler's only good idea was the autobahn with no speed limits. Not even sure it was his idea. Doesn't excuse everything else.

CHIEF

17 minutes ago, satyanash said:

For what it's worth, I don't think Stoops' WIkipedia page is correct. There are press releases from 2017 naming him as "Defensive Coordinator/Outside Linebackers' Coach/Assistant Head Coach"

So at least it's been more recent since 1991.

And at the 2018 Texas-OU game, Mike Stoops was listed as OU’s DC, but I am positive that wasn’t the case at the end of the game. 

1 minute ago, CHIEF said:

Not really a character flaw. Just a guy that got caught playing by SEC rules with not enough clout to sweep it under the rug. Just got too big for his britches.

Hitler's only good idea was the autobahn with no speed limits. Not even sure it was his idea. Doesn't excuse everything else.

4 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

C08B59DC-C3B4-4D3F-86D2-8C78D7BB7825.jpeg

Hi

Charlie-Strong.jpg

Just now, Teryor said:

This is the type of stuff we should be doing, but I would tag Overshown/the other LBs on there as well, make sure they are aware and let them do what they can, one of the only acceptable ways to tweet at players

No, unless you want to stir up a hornet's nest. CDC, and Sark are the one's that need to see it. Do you think they knew about this tweet? Or follow this dude? Political leanings are big on Surly, but I doubt they come into question in coaching circles. I doubt "who did you vote for?" comes up in an interview.

CHIEF

Maybe this is Saban's way of getting revenge for Flood and Banks.

Saban: "Steve, you should really consider Mike. He's one of the best coaches I've ever had the pleasure of working with."

Sark: "Then why didn't you give him a real coaching position instead of a four foot cubicle and the grunt jobs none of the other interns wanted?"

Saban: "Steve? Steve? Signals a bit choppy. I gotta go. Breaking down film on Southern Miss. Make sure you don't let Mike get away. Let's do a brunch soon."

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Voluminous Banality said:

Maybe this is Saban's way of getting revenge for Flood and Banks.

Saban: "Steve, you should really consider Mike. He's one of the best coaches I've ever had the pleasure of working with."

Sark: "Then why didn't you give him a real coaching position instead of a four foot cubicle and the grunt jobs none of the other interns wanted?"

Saban: "Steve? Steve? Signals a bit choppy. I gotta go. Breaking down film on Southern Miss. Make sure you don't let Mike get away. Let's do a brunch soon."

Steve, you can have Flood and Banks, but you gotta take Mike, or we will counter and keep them. Your move.

CHIEF

28 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

I am slowly coming to the belief that Saban has divine intervention from God to win National Championships. It is a byproduct of what he is really doing. His real calling is ridding great coaches of their self-destructive behavior, and setting them back on the path to doing what they were meant to do, their passion, coaching football. Has Mike Stoops been rehabilitated? Probably. Do I want him on the coaching staff? Fuck no. But, who has been on the Saban Wagon, and gone on to embarrass themselves afterward? 

I guess this what happens when you go from anger, denial, rationalization, back to anger, denial, rationalization. Just a vicious cycle......and bourbon.

CHIEF

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rhinotx said:

Is Sark his sponsor?

I doubt Saban tolerates drunks even in the analyst role. If Sark is a dead-eyed killer like we hope he is, he is trying to gather as much intelligence on OU as he can get.

Edited by Cuernavaca
Purp
  • Fuck You 1

12 minutes ago, Rhinotx said:

Is Sark his sponsor?

It's plausible. If so, he just needs to come out and say it. Would a great coach jeopardize his career to keep up with his pledge? I dunno. But he might risk loosing some goodwill to keep that person sober. It's priorities in life. Maybe he values Mike's sobriety as much as his career and money. If Steve just came clean it would probably be forgiven with a contrite speech from Mike. The only way to possibly smooth this over would be Mike admitting he was a dick, and that he has changed for the better.

CHIEF

Edited by CHIEF

4 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

I wasn't following things as closely during the infamous "I'll drag my feet so I can slip in Watson" debacle but this has to be worse, right? I mean the initial reports all said Mike Stoops and we never once were credibly linked to an ILB name otherwise until the past few days. Seemed clear from the jump we were never keeping Hutzler, too. So if you accept that Stoops was always the name you have to look at the timing of this as being abhorrently cowardly. Like he waits till after all the Zoom calls where he knew parents, former players, BMDs, etc would all absolutely fucking destroy him for the Stoops hire and then tries to drop it in at the 11th hour. 

Cowardly, dickless move. Even if you disagree about how bad a Mike Stoops hire might be the way it came about like this, waiting and waiting to sneak it in, is fucking pathetic. 

It is worse. Not from a coaching ability standpoint,  but this is an obvious teabagging of our fan base. And if Sarkisian can’t see that, he’s back on the sauce for sure. Unacceptable fucking move. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cuernavaca said:

I doubt Saban tolerates drunks even in the analyst role. If Sark is a dead-eyed killer like we hope he is trying to gather as much intelligence on OU as he can get.

Not a chance. Retaining Jay Boulware would be much less harmful. 

4 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

Trading Hutzler for Stoops is every bit as much an abject failure as the Watson and Warehime hires. I don't give a flying fuck what his last name is. You had one of the best and brightest young coaches in the country under contract and you let him go to make room for a universally detested, complete asshole who hasn't coached LBs in three decades. Not to mention his substance abuse shit and the fact that everyone who's ever come into contact with him despises him. Oh, and he's an utter disaster as a coach, too. There is absolutely no way to justify this hire. There's still OU shit all over his Twitter account, for fuck's sake.

Unbelievably tone deaf and idiotic hire. It's like Sarkisian is writing a case study on how to build up a whole bunch of good will and then burn through it in a matter of minutes.

Yeah you do, and that’s ok

3 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Yeah you do, and that’s ok

Ignoring everything related to Mike Stoops and OU (which would be absurd, but we'll pretend for a moment anyway), this is an absolutely horrible hire. He's despised by almost everyone he's ever coached or coached with, he has more skeletons in his closet that Jeffrey Dahmer, and he's total dog shit as a coach. I would be incredibly pissed even if he wasn't a Stoops.

• Hook 'Em 5

They hired a ex HC and ex DC for some really good teams as a LB’s coach...   It’s not the ideal hire but I don’t think the sky is falling like many are portraying it to be.  Pete K will be handling things pretty hands on with LB I’m pretty sure also.  Many OU players had good things to say about him so I don’t know where the all his players hated him is coming from? 

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2