Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

3 minutes ago, EverywhereMan said:

now FCB:

still betting he is here as an analyst - he has had a couple of choices to clearly say he isn't hiring him at all

edit: Super K now saying it was blocked last night so maybe not

Edited by NoName

45 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

The only thing an analyst doesn't do at Alabama is go on the road to recruit.  Other than that they have the same responsibilities as the position coaches.

Who has final say over the position groups, or defense, or recruiting, or how practice is run? The analyst that's trying to rehab his career, or the position coaches and coordinators.  Saban is not a moron - hiring a former head coach in Mike Stoops as an analyst costs him nothing with lots of potential upside and at basically no cost.

Trying to equate hiring Mike Stoops as an analyst and hiring Mike Stoops as the LB coach and potential Assistant to reginal manager of defense is futile.

1 minute ago, TexasPride10 said:

Would I have picked Stoops for the job? No, because I despise the Stoops name as much as anyone here. But I can't fathom actually being as upset about it as some of you are. It's a fucking linebackers coach. Anyone who thinks he's going to have enough on-field influence to make our defense suck, or enough off-field influence to lead Sark back to drinking needs to calm the fuck down. If he brings absolutely nothing else to the table, it seems worth it to have a coach on staff that knows more about defending OU's offense than pretty much any other coach out there. His tenure at OU obviously didn't end well, but let's not forget who was in charge of the OU defense the last time they won a national championship, or the last time they beat Alabama. Sark hit a grand slam with every single one of his other hires, so let's not act like a bunch of pussies over his final piece of the puzzle. 

You could have just said "I have no idea what I'm talking about" and saved us all some trouble.

Mike Stoops has no idea how to stop offenses unless they're running straight at him and throwing 2 yard stop routes.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Would I have picked Stoops for the job? No, because I despise the Stoops name as much as anyone here. But I can't fathom actually being as upset about it as some of you are. It's a fucking linebackers coach. Anyone who thinks he's going to have enough on-field influence to make our defense suck, or enough off-field influence to lead Sark back to drinking needs to calm the fuck down. If he brings absolutely nothing else to the table, it seems worth it to have a coach on staff that knows more about defending OU's offense than pretty much any other coach out there. His tenure at OU obviously didn't end well, but let's not forget who was in charge of the OU defense the last time they won a national championship, or the last time they beat Alabama. Sark hit a grand slam with every single one of his other hires, so let's not act like a bunch of pussies over his final piece of the puzzle. 

This is a terrible take, you have brought shame upon yourself and your family and friends by sharing it on the internet. 
Be better in the future. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Suck a dick. That dude fucking blows major ass as a coach. Did you watch ANY of BlowU's defense under him? I dont want that dude anywhere near the field. 

11 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Gotta be Tosh or Marve right?

Seems likely. I was going to be happy with either, but now I’ll be ecstatic. 

4 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

AND one of the most respected passing defense scheme minds in football (Joseph). So for many reasons we are an extremely attractive landing spot for Tosh.

Now you’re just trolling. 

14 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Either sark read the room or zenitz is a lying cock bag.  Or maybe both.   Can y’all delete your shitheel posts?

Only after you delete your shitheel account. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, TexasPride10 said:

Edit: well, fuck me. I saw the news of the false report broke while I was typing my rant. 

This is bad and you should feel bad

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lou_Sassle said:

Suck a dick. That dude fucking blows major ass as a coach. Did you watch ANY of BlowU's defense under him? I dont want that dude anywhere near the field. 

Can you not read? I literally mentioned two of his accomplishments as OU's DC (National title, Sugar Bowl victory over Alabama). But thanks for asking, I guess. 

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, TexasPride10 said:

Can you not read? I literally mentioned two of his accomplishments as OU's DC (National title, Sugar Bowl victory over Alabama). But thanks for asking, I guess. 

Two games does not a resume make. The National title game from 20 years ago when Venables was there and a sugar bowl in which Trevor knight played the game of his life dont exactly scream "good defensive coach" to me.

9 minutes ago, NoName said:

still betting he is here as an analyst - he has had a couple of choices to clearly say he isn't hiring him at all

edit: Super K now saying it was blocked last night so maybe not

This does make it interesting if Sark was told "no" from the beginning on Stoops, and just thought he'd go ahead and do it anyway. 

Almost certain The MAGA hat picture of Stoops is what got the hire blocked. The brass knows we’re walking on thin ice with social justice issues and don’t want none of that 

I’d agree...plus it was mentioned that he was a locker room cancer. We ain’t got time for that shit.

Just now, UncleBuck said:

This does make it interesting if Sark was told "no" from the beginning on Stoops, and just thought he'd go ahead and do it anyway. 

No. What Super K said is that CDC green lit the hiring. Then his phone blew up and this morning the deal is off. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

Now saying CDC, who is close to Stoops, may have initially greenlit the deal. Then the phone lines lit up with rage and the deal was taken off the table. Thank god. 

CDC is close to Franklin AND Stoops? What toxic mediocrity isn't he buddies with?

• Hook 'Em 2

I'm definitely curious on the back story. I wonder if Sark thought he wanted Stoops all along and knew it was bad energy to start, so he decided to hold off until he had gained goodwill on the others and tried to float it again. Regardless, it is not good. 

Hope he knows that this hire would blowtorch all of the goodwill he has built to this point. I'm not sure CDC even knows the depth of hatred for all things Stoops/ OU. And I just can't shake the Manchurian Candidate thought of Stoops being anywhere in our program. No analyst, no nothing.  I don't want him stopping by Sark's office for a cup of coffee.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

Now saying CDC, who is close to Stoops, may have initially greenlit the deal. Then the phone lines lit up with rage and the deal was taken off the table. Thank god. 

CDC is an in over his head moron with terrible instincts if the $9.95ers have any bit of truth in what they are reporting. 

• Hook 'Em 2