Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

CDC is an in over his head moron with terrible instincts if the $9.95ers have any bit of truth in what they are reporting. 

who am i going to trust? $9.95ers who have a financial reason (clicks) to stir up shit or people who worked with him at TCU, his results at TCU, etc

CDC is far from perfect but nobody who knows him or has spent time in a room with him would say he is a moron

• Hook 'Em 7

If CTJ is to be believed (which in fairness Bazier disputes), TFB is sourcing from Mike Stoops. So I'm not really sure what to believe on their reports on this specific set of circumstances. I am going to choose to believe this Alabama guy was full of shit instead of the CDC green light/back track, because that will help me sleep better.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, NoName said:

who am i going to trust? $9.95ers who have a financial reason (clicks) to stir up shit or people who worked with him at TCU, his results at TCU, etc

CDC is far from perfect but nobody who knows him or has spent time in a room with him would say he is a moron

Close to Jumping? A few other connected types on here who confined what they said?  I know a guy who knows people sometimes and they had a similar type take. 
I think the shit about guys like James Franklin and Gary Kubiak being guys CDC liked are plausible. 

17 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

Now saying CDC, who is close to Stoops, may have initially greenlit the deal. Then the phone lines lit up with rage and the deal was taken off the table. Thank god. 

Well then thank god for Stoops telling the Bama reporter who ran with it and Stoops being so brazen with his Twitter use because nobody on our side knew shit. 

2 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

If CTJ is to be believed (which in fairness Bazier disputes), TFB is sourcing from Mike Stoops. So I'm not really sure what to believe on their reports on this specific set of circumstances. I am going to choose to believe this Alabama guy was full of shit instead of the CDC green light/back track, because that will help me sleep better.  

Maybe Stoops told TFB that the other options have backed out and Sark had checked back in with them and they ran with it as there were no other options and floated Stoops... Then Oregon hired DeRuteyer and Tosh is back avaliable

12 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

No. What Super K said is that CDC green lit the hiring. Then his phone blew up and this morning the deal is off. 

I thought what he said is "So, I could see this being a situation where the AD gave Sark the green light but the phone lines went ballistic last night and into this morning." Seems very different.

Just now, Laxtonto said:

Maybe Stoops told TFB that the other options have backed out and Sark had checked back in with them and they ran with it as there were no other options and floated Stoops... Then Oregon hired DeRuteyer and Tosh is back avaliable

It appears Stoops has been TFB's source for a lot of this stuff, so I wouldn't doubt if Stoops was talking to some others.

• Hook 'Em 1

O

16 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

This does make it interesting if Sark was told "no" from the beginning on Stoops, and just thought he'd go ahead and do it anyway. 

CDC had a part in it too, because he’s spineless and couldn’t put his foot down until boosters lost their minds at the news. 

7 minutes ago, NoName said:

CDC has done a horrible job this entire coaching search. Other people have had to stop him from making huge mistakes multiple times. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 1

evidently TFB updated their post with the second bullet point

Spoiler

***As I mentioned in the comments below, not sure how accurate but per a source very close to the program, this move was actually blocked.

***Also, I should let you all know that Del Conte and Mike Stoops are very close and have been for a while. So, I could see this being a situation where the AD gave Sark the green light but the phone lines went ballistic last night and into this morning.

so CDC and Stoops overlapped at Arizona for 2 years. here was his role there

Del Conte was the senior associate athletics director for external operations and sports programs at the University of Arizona (2000-06). In that role, Del Conte had responsibility for the planning, management and oversight of the day-to-day operation for the department of intercollegiate athletics. He also functioned as the chief financial officer; managed external operations; had oversight and management of all contracts, ticket sales, broadcast rights fees, corporate sponsorships, and trademarks and licensing; and oversight of all facility construction.

i guess it is very strange that they would be considered "very close" based on his role there and where he went after Arizona (Rice 06-09 and then TCU 09-17) - so not like there would be a ton of overlap between the DC of OU and the AD of TCU...

just seems like a very strange relationship based on two years of overlap where a guy went 6-16? what would they have in common? when would they have time to get together and build the relationship?

8 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

CDC has done a horrible job this entire coaching search. Other people have had to stop him from making huge mistakes multiple times. 

yeah, going to need a citation on this. it isn't like he (tried to) hire Greg Schiano and got overruled

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, NoName said:

yeah, going to need a citation on this. it isn't like he (tried to) hire Greg Schiano and got overruled

You literally just got confirmation on the Stoops hire, and he was an impediment in moving on from Herman and also wanted to hire James Franklin. Not all these things get officially reported, but if you only want to believe what Brian Davis and Kurt Bowles tell you in the Statesman, then go ahead. 

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

You literally just got confirmation on the Stoops hire, and he was an impediment in moving on from Herman and also wanted to hire James Franklin. Not all these things get officially reported, but if you only want to believe what Brian Davis and Kurt Bowles tell you in the Statesman, then go ahead. 

ive been here since page 1 of the Urban thread.

did he "want" to hire James Franklin or was it just reported they were close and he always liked him + had said positive things about him in the past. huge difference between liking the dude and bringing him in

so far we have ONE site saying that it was nixed. if it gets out and gets reported elsewhere it was given the ok then nixed that is one thing but so far we have TFB (Super K) saying it was nixed - and we know he doesn't have AD level contacts. and we have some rando al.com guy saying he was hired.

that's it.

there is reading the tea leaves and there is wanting to see things in them and then assuming that is what it says.

• Hook 'Em 2

He doesn't seem like the most active person on Twitter.

image.png.b98a3fcdfad0eae5d89987647346a7f0.png
This was his last "Liked" post.

1c462ed994bc7081621e192f475b6b83.jpg
Agreed. Which is why I thought it better to check the people that would be following him. Also Jake Langi is just a few more down the list of people that followed him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, NotStoops said:

Agreed. Which is why I thought it better to check the people that would be following him. Also Jake Langi is just a few more down the list of people that followed him.

Mobile doesn't show most recent. Desktop does. 

1 minute ago, NotStoops said:

You're checking from mobile. The algorithm is different on mobile vs browser....here are his recent followers from browser

image.thumb.png.a0d200ef01684c7aadc058a81cce27b2.png

4 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

So to calibrate the Shaggy power, we could get Stoops the shitty defense coach blocked but not Horny the rape enabler. We’ll need to see what we can do if he hires a fellow drunk or a felon for a third data point. 

it's like in Unbreakable when Bruce Willis is just figuring out his powers. We hadn't tried to lift the 500 lb barbell yet.