Trivial Things that Annoy You: Reprise

ernest_t_bass

When our toaster broke, my wife wanted a toaster oven, claimed it was some sort of magical device and she could use it for "all sorts of things". I went along with it. Turns out it makes shitty toast and she doesn't do anything with it at all.

Fuck toaster ovens.

• Haha 1

• 2 years later...

Micro USB cables.  Most of my devices use USB-C now, but I had one that wasn't charging and I went through a bunch of brand new (out of package that came with old phones and whatnot) and almost all of them were fuct or almost immediately became fuct.

Really shitty technology.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 9 months later...

Watching Bama/GA.  Fucking douche QB for GA has "Bennett IV" on the back of his jersey.

Listen here, you stupid cunt.  "Bennett IV" isn't your last name.  Your fucking last name is "Bennett".  The "IV" modifies your first name, not your last name, you fucking cock. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Watching Bama/GA.  Fucking douche QB for GA has "Bennett IV" on the back of his jersey.

Listen here, you stupid cunt.  "Bennett IV" isn't your last name.  Your fucking last name is "Bennett".  The "IV" modifies your first name, not your last name, you fucking cock. 

If the person labeling the uniforms had just put "Hat" everyone would've known who it was and it only takes three letters. Easy peasy.

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

Stupid question amnesty, isn’t it modifying the entire name? As in if you have a different middle name you aren’t really a II, III, IV, etc? 

When you are walking into HEB (in a hurry) and the person in front of you STOPS dead in their tracks in the middle of the door entrance, blocking the entrance, to look at their grocery list or answer their phone.  

Normally this happens with a line of people (and carts) behind you.  

• 11 months later...

I feel like I could fill up a page, but here are three from this week:

• HEB not accepting Apple Pay.
  • Associates cc-ing themselves on every fucking email they send me. Dude, if you really can't stay organized enough to not need two copies of every fucking email you send, then bcc yourself.
  • Waiters who offer to "curate" a menu for me. I can read and pick from the handy sheet that the hostess gave me when I sat down, asshole.