Tell me about TCU

Longboard Horn

7 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Riff, Ram, Bah, Zoo
Lickety, Lickety, Zoo, Zoo
Who, Wah, Wah, Who
Give ’em Hell, TCU!

^^WTF does riff ram bah zoo mean? Is it a bunch of jibberish nonsense like hullabaloo? 

Authentic frontier jibberish!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GhostofDanJones said:

Fun fact about that chant: I had an aggy tell me once that TCU stole the chant from them because of a corps/yell leader transfer. Of course I don't believe any of that bullshit.

Hullabaloo, Caneck, Caneck was originally Rutgers' yell, I believe. Like all things aggy, don't buy the first syllable of it, it's all lies together.

Meanwhile, yes, TCU begins and ends with hottest pom squad.

17 hours ago, GhostofDanJones said:

Fun fact about that chant: I had an aggy tell me once that TCU stole the chant from them because of a corps/yell leader transfer. Of course I don't believe any of that bullshit.

Fun fact about TCU, our ROTC commissions more officers as a % of our enrollment than A&M does according to the Houston Chronicle.  Most recent figures in the article were 2012 when A&M commissioned 154 officers out of the Fighting Texas Aggie Corps of Cadets and little old TCU commissioned 45.  Given that A&M's enrollment is at least 5x that of TCU, it looks like the Corps needs to pick up the pace.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Texas-ROTC-units-could-face-cutbacks-5261187.php

30 minutes ago, angelos's frog said:

Fun fact about TCU, our ROTC commissions more officers as a % of our enrollment than A&M does according to the Houston Chronicle.  Most recent figures in the article were 2012 when A&M commissioned 154 officers out of the Fighting Texas Aggie Corps of Cadets and little old TCU commissioned 45.  Given that A&M's enrollment is at least 5x that of TCU, it looks like the Corps needs to pick up the pace.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Texas-ROTC-units-could-face-cutbacks-5261187.php

I mean that's all well and good, but how many swords have your ROTC guys pulled on SMU cheerleaders?

Advantage:  Aggy

Edited by Tom
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Serious question: does Patterson have a limitless contract, meaning he has infinite years and can leave whenever he wants? 

I think CDC eliminated the buy out 5-6 years ago as gesture of trust and good will.  CDC is a master psychologist.  As for the term of the deal, Patterson has a certain number of years on the contract but they just tack on a few more every couple of years.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2018 at 10:36 PM, Vic Mackey said:

Guess this is a good place to ask this. Where did the term 'cockroaches' derive from when talking about TCU?

On 5/6/2018 at 10:56 PM, Apep said:

It originated with Coach Royal after we messed up your previously perfect 1961 season. 

The quote, after losing to TCU and having national champ hopes dashed:

"(TCU) is like a bunch of cockroaches. It’s not what they eat and tote off, it’s what they fall into and mess up that hurts."

Other greats:

(On the possibility of changing the look of Texas’ uniforms): "Hell, no, I’m not going to candy this thing up. These are work clothes." (my favorite)

“Three things can happen when you pass, and two of ‘em are bad.”

“Dance with who brung ya.”

“When you get to the end zone, act like you’ve been there before.”

• Like 2

On 4/26/2018 at 1:15 PM, Machinator said:

I'd say it's one thing when some chucklefuck in the AD media department fucks up.  Kind of another kettle of fish when it's a commencement program on the academic side.

Ch3UcBUUkAA9E7K.jpg

Edited by TwiceHorn

On 5/5/2018 at 2:52 AM, Longboard Horn said:

AP_770206858716.jpg

Bram+Kohlhausen+Valero+Alamo+Bowl+TCU+v+

csb:  Bram is buddies with Johnny Football.  JF needed a place to crash and Bram let him stay at his place.  Bram came home and found that JF placed a bunch of sports bets on Bram's computer/account.  /csb 

tl;dnr:  Johnny Football likes to place bets not using his money, but the money of a former TCU football player, best known for his 2nd half comeback against the Oregon Ducks in the Alamo Bowl.

On 5/6/2018 at 11:34 PM, Longboard Horn said:

Serious question: does Patterson have a limitless contract, meaning he has infinite years and can leave whenever he wants? 

I'd say his impending myocardial infarction is a definite limit.

On 5/22/2018 at 10:58 AM, angelos's frog said:

A TCU student just won the Miss USA pageant.  You can probably file that in the category of least surprising things posted here.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5757483/Who-Miss-USA-2018-winner-Sarah-Rose-Summers-Miss-Nebraska-revealed.html

IMG_4968.jpeg

sarah-rose-summers.jpg

And she's 100% natural.  Nothing fake about that

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2018 at 10:58 AM, angelos's frog said:

A TCU student just won the Miss USA pageant.  You can probably file that in the category of least surprising things posted here.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5757483/Who-Miss-USA-2018-winner-Sarah-Rose-Summers-Miss-Nebraska-revealed.html

IMG_4968.jpeg

sarah-rose-summers.jpg

It looks like this chick is Miss Bugeater...

There aren't a lot of us

We have made a lot of REALLY good coaching hires and paid them well

It is a TON harder to get into today compared to 10 years ago

The talent is unreal

Everyone is somewhere between upper middle class and wealthy

We have some terrible fans, but I truly believe we have an above average percentage of laid back, easy going fans