Tell me about TCU

Longboard Horn

He shouldn't need to verbalize it but it's his locker room and it sounds like the player in question is kind of a diva. 

As long as his team defends him it shouldn't take more than a decent PR statement. 

I wouldn't think TCU would fire the greatest coach in their program's history over this but Tech did over something somewhat similar in scope so who knows. 

36 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Seems like it wasn't malicious at all in context, but what a huge fucking unforced error to say it out loud.

Agreed, very stupid but even by the version of the story told by the player not malicious and no significant action should come out of it. 

I will say, some people hate hearing that word because they genuinely hate the word and the hate associated with it.  There is a certain type of racist though who is hung up on the fact that black people are "allowed" to use it but white people get shit for using it in any context. I'm not saying that Patterson is that type of asshole, but we do know he is some type of asshole so who knows. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

2020 - when coach getting on a player to stop saying an offensive word by telling him the word he keeps saying, suddenly makes the coach the bad guy...

giphy.gif

You seem weirdly insistent that there's a time and place where it's normal and fine for a white dude to say the n-word. 

Certainly not a fireable offense given the context that's come out, but come the fuck on that was rock stupid.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, ztejas said:

He shouldn't need to verbalize it but it's his locker room and it sounds like the player in question is kind of a diva. 

As long as his team defends him it shouldn't take more than a decent PR statement. 

I wouldn't think TCU would fire the greatest coach in their program's history over this but Tech did over something somewhat similar in scope so who knows. 

49 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

2020 - when coach getting on a player to stop saying an offensive word by telling him the word he keeps saying, suddenly makes the coach the bad guy...

giphy.gif

You would think in a country as oppressive and racist as America that people wouldn't need to fabricate racism.

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, texifornia said:

You seem weirdly insistent that there's a time and place where it's normal and fine for a white dude to say the n-word.

He’s not alone. That is the Cliff Notes of the Eyes of Texas thread. 

@Apex73 led a big charge on that thread saying that black people are weak for getting offended by words, he had a lot of support.

52 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Certainly not a fireable offense given the context that's come out, but come the fuck on that was rock stupid.

Never okay to say it - especially not in front of black people - but I would argue that a and er aren't the same word and it should matter which he said. There's a different conviction required to drop an er.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Didn't say wasn't stupid, but to call him a racist for it is definitely stupid.

I don't see where he SHOULD be fired for that comment, given the context.

This horseshit of demanding everyone make an act of contrition to the cause is right out of the religion for idiots playbook.

Scenario 1 - 

Player: "Hey dude, go fuck yourself"

Coach: "Hey Player, we don't tell people to go fuck yourself in a meeting. Stop doing that."

Does anyone get offended? 

Scenario 2 - 

Player: "Whats up my niggas?"

Coach: "Hey Player, we don't say niggas in our meetings. Stop doing that."

The world comes to an end. 

Perfectly logical, perfectly sane. That being said, I realize the world is full of stupid people, so I'd be using "n word" as well because I'm probably interested in continuing to pick up my $5 million salary and realize that something as simple as context no longer matters.  

Side question for the lawyers in the room. If a defendant dropped the hard "r" in a conversation that is relevant to the preceeding, can that be discussed in court? Or does everyone swap out "n word" and pretend that they are accurately depicting the conversation.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

https://johnvogel.football/2020/08/03/tcu-football-player-takes-internal-story-public-rebuked-by-teammates

It appears a lot of TCU players are becoming vocal about this and they're not angry at Patterson, they're angry at  Dylan Jordan. Honestly, reading his post he went public with it sounds like a butt hurt malcontent that was pissed he didn't have a starting gig handed to him and he had an ulterior motive. He accused Gary Patterson of attacking him racially and that wasn't the case which was confirmed by numerous players.

Edited by Chad
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Scenario 1 - 

Scenario 2 - 

Perfectly logical, perfectly sane. That being said, I realize the world is full of stupid people, so I'd be using "n word" as well because I'm probably interested in continuing to pick up my $5 million salary and realize that something as simple as context no longer matters.  

Side question for the lawyers in the room. If a defendant dropped the hard "r" in a conversation that is relevant to the preceeding, can that be discussed in court? Or does everyone swap out "n word" and pretend that they are accurately depicting the conversation.

...that's because fuckface doesn't imply anything about the person saying it or the person it's directed at other than that you don't like them. Like any racial slur the n word has a shit load of seriously fraught baggage attached to it. 

Edited by texifornia

6 minutes ago, Chad said:

https://johnvogel.football/2020/08/03/tcu-football-player-takes-internal-story-public-rebuked-by-teammates

It appears a lot of TCU players are becoming vocal about this and they're not angry at Patterson, they're angry at  Dylan Jordan.

Yeah no one comes out of this looking like they've had a full day of making smart choices. 

10 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

well yea because they get playing time lol

Zach Evans punched his Black HS FB coach for taking his phone away. You think he's going to sit and chill if a White coach called a Black player a racial slur?

26 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Scenario 1 - 

Scenario 2 - 

I wouldn’t call a large number of the black players on the team coming to Patterson’s defense “the world coming to an end”. Ironically enough you would probably say they’re the easily offended ones.

1 hour ago, slorch said:

I don't see where he SHOULD be fired for that comment, given the context.

This horseshit of demanding everyone make an act of contrition to the cause is right out of the religion for idiots playbook.

It is not like he locked somebody in a closet or anything really serious.

This is a non-story, one of those insane social media things.

17 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

It is not like he locked somebody in a closet or anything really serious.

This is a non-story, one of those insane social media things.

sort of like the "locking someone in a closet" didn't happen?

1 hour ago, Chad said:

It appears a lot of TCU players are becoming vocal about this and they're not angry at Patterson, they're angry at  Dylan Jordan. Honestly, reading his post he went public with it sounds like a butt hurt malcontent that was pissed he didn't have a starting gig handed to him and he had an ulterior motive. He accused Gary Patterson of attacking him racially and that wasn't the case which was confirmed by numerous players.

Jussie Toad.

11 hours ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Poor Zach Evans can’t catch a break. I feel bad for him....

just kidding, fuck that kid!!

Remember when Zach Evans said Texas wasn't like UGA, LSU, Bama, etc.  This was after we curb stomped UGA in the sugar bowl.  That he only wanted to play at schools that were on a different level.  Then he ended up at a shit school that wasn't even bowl eligible and hasn't won shit in their history.  

It's funny how things work out...

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

Remember when Zach Evans said Texas wasn't like UGA, LSU, Bama, etc.  This was after we curb stomped UGA in the sugar bowl.  That he only wanted to play at schools that were on a different level.  Then he ended up at a shit school that wasn't even bowl eligible and hasn't won shit in their history.  

It's funny how things work out...

Zach Evans is a fucking shit head

58 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Patterson won't get fired over this. Especially if a good amount of his black players are backing him. He'll make a public apology, then move on. 

True but that doesn't mean we can't negative recruit the shit out of him over this though.  Like he does constantly to us.  Fuck that little fatty.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, texifornia said:

So he definitely dropped some form of n-word in the meeting, which, come the fuck on dude. That's hilariously tone deaf for a) the modern era and b) this moment in time specifically.

Is it fireable? Idk. Is it absolutely going to effect recruiting? Yup.

*affect