[Surly Official] Year One expectations for Steve Sarkisian

immamac

Beating OU is always the main objective but I'm not seeing it as make or break for year 1 of Sark. 

I would say:

- Start/go 3-0 in noncon 

- beat TCU's bitchass 

- at least keep the OU game competitive if we don't win 

- no more than 2 losses in conference play - which should get us to Arlington 

10-3 or 11-2 depending on B12 CCG result is acceptable for me. 9-3 with no trip to Arlington might be cause for concern because this roster is in win-now shape. Anything past that is gravy. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Also be a pipe hitting gangster that fucks feelings in the face. No mercy no best friend turtle dildo marching shit. Instill a culture of hatred of anyone in a diff color Jersey during game time. Be buddies before ans after the game. Shake hands but during the game fucking blood everywhere 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

IDC if he's working for Alabama another 9 days, he needs to start building relationships with Texas players TODAY otherwise I expect Texas players to hit the portal between now and next Monday

Maybe he can get Nick to make a few calls for him.

• Haha 1

Holy shit the expectations in this thread are ridiculous. We have some really good talent but we also have a lot of holes on the roster, and a bunch of unknowns. That bowl game made a lot of guys look better than they are, including Casey. 
If he goes 9-3 and recruits lights out it will be a great year, yet y’all will be bitching and moaning because he didn’t meet your dumb expectations. 

• Hook 'Em 9

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

Fuck it.  11-1 regular season. Our OOC schedule is weak.  OU should be very good, but we have way more talent than everyone else in the conference.

Unless he reloads with a big new coach bump recruiting class, 2022  could be dicey as the roster could be more questionable once the 2018 class loses more guys like Overshown, Coburn, Jamison, etc., and the schedule will be a lot tougher with Bama.   But we’re still set up well for 2021.  We should compete for the Big 12 championship and a playoff spot with good coaching.  

Don’t forget the one time transfer rule. We should be able to get what we need.