USMNT 2021

Napoleon

9 minutes ago, Bottlecap said:

Of course lleget had to get a brace and now we'll see him in every match til the 2030 WC

You must read BigSoccer.  Or, perhaps great minds think alike.

18 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Worst goal in USMNT history?

Yes.  And best in Mexican history.

39 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Graham Zusi scored once.

34 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Damn now we can expect more MLS players in the roster. Lletget getting a 2nd.

29 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

but did he score twice?

I missed the game, didn’t realize it was today  will have to search for the replay on ESPN2 and record it.

Seeing that he scored twice and then reading through this game thread made me chuckle  

24 minutes ago, Bottlecap said:

Of course lleget had to get a brace and now we'll see him in every match til the 2030 WC

Is the 2030 WC referenced because Lletget’s* parents are from Argentina and they (along with Uruguay) are expected to host the 2030 Centennial WC?

*LLETGET

As mentioned below:

2 “L”s, 2 “E”s, 2 “T”s

Edited by Napoleon

59 minutes ago, Lobo said:

(mumbling)...Sebastian...Lul-let, lul-get, let gate....Lets Get a goal anyhow. /bobporterORbobslydell

when's our next match, let's fucking do this!

Sunday.  I think it's the same time as the Olympic qualifier.  Kind of sucks because there will be no way to watch one w/o knowing the score of the other.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn

Here are about 8 1/2 minutes of highlights of the match.

34 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

27f7fc4a6e72cc16ce6b7bbf38d6538b.jpg

gonna need more info here...

Her name is "Becky G" and she's a Latina... perhaps a Spanish language actress, or maybe a singer, or both. Some search engines may provide photos that are not actually her body and/or not her body or her face.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Becky_G

5 hours ago, shnsajax said:

Reyna needs to work on his facial expression when he misses. Show some anger and not pouting.

he and Cannon both acted like petulant bitches when they didn't get a pass.  

Sargent looked solid.  Dest is a stud.

add McKennie and Tyler Adams to the mix, plus several other candidates, and these are gonna be fun times.

I know that Brenden Aaronson just got to Europe at the start of the year and only plays for Red Bull Salzburg, but he is an excellent player.

He might not be quite as shifty & fast as Pulisic, but he's tougher and has much more defensive bite to go along with his ball skills and movement. He's more of a 10 than Pulisic, who is more of a 7 or 11. They both cause problems for the other team, but Brenden helps solve problems on the defensive end.

I really think that the World Cup been in November/December is going to benefit the US, if we qualify, as much as any team that makes it Qatar, because we have so many players who will benefit from one more summer of club training and from 10 to 15 more club matches.

• Hook 'Em 2

Sergiño's Braking Method

On Sergiño's goal, he is flying up the left-ish side and then cuts inside to put the ball on his preferred foot. He takes another touch to line-up the ball and then takes one more step with his RIGHT foot and drags his studs through the grass to slow himself down AND to ensure that his upper body stays out front, over the ball so that he wouldn't sky it. Then he plants with his left foot and scores a beautiful goal with his right foot.

I don't think that I've ever noticed a player brake themselves like this before. I doubt that he is the first, but it's a brilliant move that I can't recall seeing.

I have lined up the highlight reel to the replays of his goal and you see him drag that right foot through the grass from various angles to slow himself down so that he's in the right position to take a shot on goal. (I wonder who he learned this move from or if he discovered it for himself.)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Sunday.  I think it's the same time as the Olympic qualifier.  Kind of sucks because there will be no way to watch one w/o knowing the score of the other.

Actually they are not. The N. Ireland game is at Noon Eastern. The Qualifier is at 6 PM Eastern, so you can easily watch both.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

I know that Brenden Aaronson just got to Europe at the start of the year and only plays for Red Bull Salzburg, but he is an excellent player.

He might not be quite as shifty & fast as Pulisic, but he's tougher and has much more defensive bite to go along with his ball skills and movement. He's more of a 10 than Pulisic, who is more of a 7 or 11. They both cause problems for the other team, but Brenden helps solve problems on the defensive end.

I really think that the World Cup been in November/December is going to benefit the US, if we qualify, as much as any team that makes it Qatar, because we have so many players who will benefit from one more summer of club training and from 10 to 15 more club matches.

I had to do a double-take on that line.  :) 

9 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Actually they are not. The N. Ireland game is at Noon Eastern. The Qualifier is at 6 PM Eastern, so you can easily watch both.

I’m a little confused. Google has the  qualifier at 5 PM Eastern and the TV listings have it at 6. You might want to double check.

Either way, you get to watch both. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I missed the game, didn’t realize it was today  will have to search for the replay on ESPN2 and record it.

Seeing that he scored twice and then reading through this game thread made me chuckle  

Is the 2030 WC referenced because Lletget’s* parents are from Argentina and they (along with Uruguay) are expected to host the 2030 Centennial WC?

*LLETGET

As mentioned below:

2 “L”s, 2 “E”s, 2 “T”s

So it's Shetgett then? Damn South American Castellano.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

he and Cannon both acted like petulant bitches when they didn't get a pass.  

Sargent looked solid.  Dest is a stud.

add McKennie and Tyler Adams to the mix, plus several other candidates, and these are gonna be fun times.

Yeah, I thought Reyna's body language was horrible.  Maybe he's really feeling his slump but thought he did indeed act like a little bitch.

4 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

Yeah but do you even count Colombians as South Americans? They might as well be Central Americans!

My Buenos Aires flatmate had a Colombiana novia who pulled the goalie when he finally realized that he didn’t have to put up with her manipulative bullshit and tried to initiate a breakup...

...and now is connected to her for the rest of their lives due to the son she had after she “somehow got pregnant”. 🙄

Her.Bogota accent occasionally revealed itself in the kitchen when she was nursing a hangover and wasn’t speaking English or modifying her Spanish to sound neutral. 

Colombianos are in CONMEBOL, so they are definitely South Americans, but their accents differ from Eastern Argentine & Uruguayan accents. I had a friend from Barranquilla as well, and she and her sister didn’t sound Argie* either when speaking either. 

*native Argentines don’t use the term “Argie”, but I do. It’s just faster. 

7 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

He gets to play with Musah? That's not a bad thing. The more suitors, the better it is for Hoppe.

This is just a guess, but I don't think we have a clue as to where Hoppe is going. Scouts seem to really like him despite a massive lack of minutes and he has been linked to a very wide variety of clubs so far. Then you look back to last summer and Weston appeared to be headed to one of a couple of midlevel EPL clubs and then landed at Juve almost out of nowhere.

I still want him in Holland, Ajax, PSV, or Feyenoord. Goal scoring league, minutes to be had, and a focus on technical ability. 

Edited by shnsajax

1 hour ago, shnsajax said:

I didn’t realize there was a mini Aaronson.

Saw this last night after listening to him being referenced in the USMNT highlight section (when the announcers were calling the game) and then did a deep dive on the Aaronson brothers from watching the equivalent of a podcast or two on YouTube to reading articles to going to the MLSsoccer page to Wiki...

It turns out that Brenden agrees with my assessment of his skills and his attention to defense, the younger brother is more of a classic #10, and their little sister, Jaden, is a wiz on the wing (7/11) for her youth team. She may be one to watch for the USWNT in the future, but she's only like 12 to maybe as old as 14.

This is why the internet is evil. You think that you are learning stuff, but you go way beyond and never get that time back.

• Like 1