USMNT 2021

Napoleon

17 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Well said.  Though, I wasn't impressed with Yeull during Olympic qualification.  I'm done with Lletget as well.

I posted this in the MLS thread.  Long story short…

I think that Ricardo Pepi will ultimately play for México. 

Once he moves to Europe, he’s not under US pressure and his family can afford to live where they want. And I bet that he’s gone. 

B27819ED-6DD4-4233-82C5-2342BA456036.jpeg

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

Shania Twain fans are going to make for a rowdy atmosphere. 

Lol.  I almost got thrown out of that stadium during a US soccer game there a few years ago.  Effin nazi security tried to make me take my US flag off of the wall rounding the stadium.

56 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Wtf are they using the Costa Rican TLD? Why not soccer.us?

That’s just weird. 

37 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Presented by a German car company.

• Haha 2

Buying players from other EPL teams and/or before other EPL teams can buy them... only to loan them out to teams outside of the Premier League should not be allowed.

That is a way to get around FFP and squad limits.

If we can't make our team any better, we'll just make other teams worse.

Even if the Wolves aren't going to be a top of the table threat, this gets a potential really solid player under their umbrella so that they can decide where he plays in 1 to 3 years rather than other teams getting to decide that. [Maldito Citeh! Maldito Pep!]

Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 5.54.11 PM.png

Edited by Napoleon

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Buying players from other EPL teams and/or before other EPL teams can buy them... only to loan them out to teams outside of the Premier League should not be allowed.

That is a way to get around FFP and squad limits.

If we can't make our team any better, we'll just make other teams worse.

Even if the Wolves aren't going to be a top of the table threat, this gets a potential really solid player under their umbrella so that they can decide where he plays in 1 to 3 years rather than other teams getting to decide that. [Maldito Citeh! Maldito Pep!]

Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 5.54.11 PM.png

Yeah I'm with you. Fuck MC. 

Came home from vacation and Jamaica-US 2019 GC recording was on YTTV.  Watched some and it would be nice to have Morris and Long for depth for WCQ's.  Altidore was good in this game, Zardes was not. Nice to see Pulisic and McKennie making plays. Cannon was fine. Arriola was better than I remember.  

Bradley looked better as a passer than anytime I've seen Yueill. Need Busio, Williamson and Acosta to move Yueill off the WCQ roster for the fall. 

• Hook 'Em 2

canada/bna presale schedule:

Presale Schedule Presale Date & Start Time
Circle Presale  (Circle Insiders) Monday, July 12 @ 10 a.m. CT
VIP Presale (VIP Insiders) Tuesday, July 13 @ 10 a.m. CT
Premium Presale (Premium & Premium Family Insiders) Wednesday, July 14 @ 10 a.m. CT
Standard Presale (Standard Insiders) Friday, July 16 @ 10 a.m. CT
Visa Presale Monday, July 19 @ 10 a.m. CT
Public Sale Tuesday, July 20 @ 10 a.m. CT

On 7/7/2021 at 2:56 PM, dogbreath said:

Came home from vacation and Jamaica-US 2019 GC recording was on YTTV.  Watched some and it would be nice to have Morris and Long for depth for WCQ's.  Altidore was good in this game, Zardes was not. Nice to see Pulisic and McKennie making plays. Cannon was fine. Arriola was better than I remember.  

Bradley looked better as a passer than anytime I've seen Yueill. Need Busio, Williamson and Acosta to move Yueill off the WCQ roster for the fall. 

Lol.  I turned on the same game the other night.  Watched about 30 seconds.  Saw Altidore throw his arms in the air because Weston passed a ball to a teammate directly in front of the goal instead of diagonally, backwards, through 4 defenders to him.

Re: Venezia FC

The high school stadium that the Dallas Burn played at for a year or two before moving into Pizza Hut Park/ Toyota Field/ Frisco... was probably bigger than this stadium. 

The location is really cool, but holy crap... enjoy. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 4.23.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 4.20.34 PM.png

Pier Luigi Penzo Stadium.jpg

slider33-venezia-residence.jpg

stadio-pierluigi-penzo-venezia-football-club-srl-RJP5CB.jpg

Pier Luigi Penzo Stadium at night.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

Just saw my notifications for first time in a while. Gold Cup should be fun. I see that the butt hurt for watching the 2018 World Cup on tv with no representation still burns a shit load of people here. 

¡Viva Mexico Cabrones 🇲🇽!

26 minutes ago, JNip said:

Just saw my notifications for first time in a while. Gold Cup should be fun. I see that the butt hurt for watching the 2018 World Cup on tv with no representation still burns a shit load of people here. 

¡Viva Mexico Cabrones 🇲🇽!

Just saw you fucking vanish and not answer the call for your team and your fan’s dickless antics.  Just like a true aggy.   

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ethan Horvath to Nottingham Forest? So can we call him the Sheriff?

Seriously, is this a good landing spot for him? The club finished 17th in the Championship League. So I guess maybe he'll be on his toes defending a lot of shots? I don't know much about the Championship League, so ppl in the know please chime in.

Okay, it seems to be official:

Edited by UDontKnow
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

Ethan Horvath to Nottingham Forest? So can we call him the Sheriff?

Seriously, is this a good landing spot for him? The club finished 17th in the Championship League. So I guess maybe he'll be on his toes defending a lot of shots? I don't know much about the Championship League, so ppl in the know please chime in.

Okay, it seems to be official:

The Championship is a good league. Better top to bottom than MLS in my opinion.

7 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

Apparently the nickname for Nottingham Forest is the 'Tricky Trees.'

27 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

The important thing is that he's starting. 

As a keeper you just need to practice organizing the defense in front of you, practice directing your wall where to stand, practice distributing with your feet, practice going out and grabbing crosses from the wingers and set pieces, and . . .

. . .

. . . oh yeah, practice STOPPING SHOTS ON GOAL!

I feel fairly certain that Ethan will be able to practice all of those things in the Championship.

If you're going to practice all of that shit in any 2nd division, the height and physicality of the Championship provides the greatest physical challenges to a goalkeeper, so in my expert opinion, I would say that this league is plenty good enough. Plus, on YouTube I follow a lady gardener in Nottingham who could show Ethan around her allotment plot, point out the flower(s) in spring, and help teach him when to harvest the produce.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

3 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

There's no doubt about it. MLS probably has a top 20 player list that is better than the Chsmpionship, but it's much much deeper than MLS.

You guys aren’t going out on much of a limb here. I would argue that League 2 is better than the MLS.

As far as the move for Horvath, it’s great for him. The Championship is a great league.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

He is our best current GK prospect.   Also from what I have been reading Horvath is likely to be the #2 at NF.   That would suck, he needs minutes badly.  Id much rather him play in MLS if that meant starting week in and week out.

Fuck that. Training in the Championship is better than playing in the MLS. 

2 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

David Ochoa is not cap tied. He's like our #3 goalkeeper behind Horvath and Steffen, right?

I hate to break it to everyone, and I’ve said this before, but Ricardo Pepi will ultimately play for México. 

Hopefully he isn’t teammates with David Ochoa on that national team, but I wouldn’t bet against it.

4 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Gonna disagree with that.  

Yeah. 10 years ago maybe. Riding the bench in the championship is a slog. And the best MLS team is > the worst championship side at this point. Easily I would think. (MLS parity seems pretty shitty, though)

Now, if it's a top championship side that might get promoted, and the player in question could end up playing in those PL games, sure, but that isn't the reality for a lot of those guys. 

(Especially for keepers...)

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

I would argue that League 2 is better than the MLS.

I'm not sure I agree with this. I think the best MLS teams would almost certainly be favored to win League 2. As would the best Liga MX sides.

Wait... are you talking about League 2 or League 1? I was thinking League 1 (i.e. the 3rd highest league). Seattle or KC would shithouse League 2. 

Seattle has 10 guys making $300k a year and 7 guys pulling (at least) half a mil. Let's slow our roll here a bit. 

Edited by ztejas

7 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

He is our best current GK prospect.   Also from what I have been reading Horvath is likely to be the #2 at NF.   That would suck, he needs minutes badly.  Id much rather him play in MLS if that meant starting week in and week out.

He'll be in a competition with Samba at Forest. It's not a given that he's the backup.

49 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

He'll be in a competition with Samba at Forest. It's not a given that he's the backup.

Obligatory:

Adidas Samba sneakers (only $59) | RunRepeat

And yes competition is good. My hope is that after 1-2 solid to good seasons, Horvath gets a starting gig in a Top 5 Euro league. 

• Drool 2

6 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Vines to Belgium, I did not see that coming.   Also lots of chatter about Chris Mueller (who should be on this GC roster) transferring to Belgium too.  

Sam Vines seems to be an okay wing-back and a "not very good" left back.

Maybe that will change once he gets to Belgium. He is NOT the answer at left back.

I don't know much about Mueller, but I do know that this Gold Cup roster doesn't have shit for wingers and Berhalter is an idiot for not bringing more wingers even if he just wants to see strikers.

How are the strikers supposed to do their thing if an opponent only needs to clog the middle in order to starve the strikers of service? What a fucking idiot.

• Hook 'Em 1