Dallas vs. NYG game thread: playoffs, here we come.

Mossyhorn

Just now, Braff Zacklin said:

True, but that performance apparently went to his head and now he's holding on to the ball like he's Roethlisberger.

He's running for his life behind a defective oline. His fault is taking the sack instead of throwing it oob.

Typical Dallas anytime they need a win for something they come out like shit. When all is lost and hopeless they are Super Bowl contenders 

Well if you remember they were in the same position last year week 17. And came out and destroyed Washington. Didn’t matter as the eagles won too(same will happen tonight with Washington)

So we’ve seen it happen both way s

He's running for his life behind a defective oline. His fault is taking the sack instead of throwing it oob.

I would agree. But I’ve seen at least 2 plays where he tries to scramble when he should just throw it away. We’d be killing Dak for that.

3 minutes ago, RPM said:

Agree that the line is defective, but I would not characterize either of those sacks as "running for his life." In both instances, Dalton should've seen the pressure and either left the pocket sooner or gotten rid of the ball. Pollard's blitz pickup was actually pretty good, Aikman's condescension notwithstanding.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Drew said:

I would agree. But I’ve seen at least 2 plays where he tries to scramble when he should just throw it away. We’d be killing Dak for that.

you have to be able to throw it away to the right place while in the pocket, the last one no chance

1 minute ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Agree that the line is defective, but I would not characterize either of those sacks as "running for his life." In both instances, Dalton should've seen the pressure and either left the pocket sooner or gotten rid of the ball. Pollard's blitz pickup was actually pretty good, Aikman's condescension notwithstanding.

you know he actually has to look for a receiver first, he had no chance on the last sack

you have to be able to throw it away to the right place while in the pocket, the last one no chance

Man I wish you were here when Dak was getting ripped for similar plays behind a similar OL.

And dalton is BAD today. Jesus.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Braff Zacklin said:

A few insist he's better.

tenor.gif

He's a better passer, but not nearly as mobile. His long ball blows Dak's away. He and CeeDee would be lethal if he had some protection.

Edited by RPM
  • Hook 'Em 1

He's a better passer, but not nearly as mobile. His long ball blows Dak's away. He and CeeDee would be lethal if he had some protection.

Wow. A LOT wrong in that post. Thought we debunked this whole “Dak can’t throw deep” last year.

But let’s not derail this thread.

3 minutes ago, RPM said:

He's a better passer, but not nearly as mobile. His long ball blows Dak's away.

Dalton definitely throws a better long ball. Still would give Dak higher marks overall as a passer, however.

And I'm honestly not trying to be argumentative. Just salty cuz, well, as a Cowboys fans, this is the life we've chosen.

HarshUnrealisticAfricanelephant-size_res

Edited by Braff Zacklin

Just now, RPM said:

It would help if the receivers actually caught the ball that hit them in the hands.

Love Lamb and Cooper (who doesn't?), but for all his explosivity, Gallup is unreliable af. Terribly inconsistent hands.

Worse, if that last play is indicative of the sort of effort/commitment he's going to give, why even put him on the field? Inexcusable.

2 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Love Lamb and Cooper (who doesn't?), but for all his explosivity, Gallup is unreliable af. Terribly inconsistent hands.

Worse, if that last play is indicative of the sort of effort/commitment he's going to give, why even put him on the field? Inexcusable.

I like Gallup. He's made some money catches. But you're not wrong.

• Hook 'Em 1