Current player reactions to Sark?

MIkeHoncho

1 minute ago, capnamerca said:

Fuckin hell that was difficult to understand. I think I get their point, but I'm not 100% sure.

written by "exlonghornplaya" 

White players were thinking this....

Black players were thinking this...

It's horseshit

2 minutes ago, capnamerca said:

Yeah, I think the guy who gave up his lifelong (and recruited-into) position to help fill a drastic need on the team, then stuck with that position even with the arrival of a 5* blue chip, picks up blocking assignments and doesn't fumble, when he runs runs HARD, and you've never heard a single solitary negative word about him has earned himself a little bit of leeway.

When I came to watch spring ball a few years back, he was an incoming freshman still playing QB. He looked like the best athlete on the field by far. Him and that pussy WR that went back to cali.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

RJ and KI both deserve snaps. Bijan, however, deserves no less than 50% of all carries going forward. 

I don't think anyone is arguing this. The modern game requires 3, if not 4 capable RBs, due to tempo, but we need an established #1 in the worst way. 

1 minute ago, capnamerca said:

I don't think anyone is arguing this. The modern game requires 3, if not 4 capable RBs, due to tempo, but we need an established #1 in the worst way. 

Having 4 healthy RBs was a problem in the Herman era. Having 3 healthy RBs was sometimes an issue....

48 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Off the BON comments guy? Pretty sure he's as full of shit as Caddox.

He really is a former player.  If you read enough of his comments you can tell who it is and how he would have access to information.  The main points he makes on the boards are that the booster culture at Texas is a real problem for coaches (duh) and that there's unacknowledged/latent racism in the fan base that limits the program's potential.  All to be taken with a huge grain of salt of course, but I wouldn't just dismiss anything he says.

12 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

He really is a former player.  If you read enough of his comments you can tell who it is and how he would have access to information.  The main points he makes on the boards are that the booster culture at Texas is a real problem for coaches (duh) and that there's unacknowledged/latent racism in the fan base that limits the program's potential.  All to be taken with a huge grain of salt of course, but I wouldn't just dismiss anything he says.

Dealing with perceptions is a bitch. I can say with absolute certainty that our fan base is not as racist as OU, UGA or tOSU’s

• Hook 'Em 4

Nah, RJ earned his reps. Ingram was the guy taking the carries Bijan needed.
As an early Ingram fan, (and still think he'd be great depth if he stays) I gotta agree with this. No QB turned RB runs as hard as RJ, at least none come to mind. This isnt a defense of Herman/Drayton, but adjusting to the speed of the game and talented players at every position on D takes true Freshmen a few games to adjust to. Bijan wasnt exactly knifing through defenses early on, and very nearly ended his carreer early with some ill advised moves versus college defenses.

39 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Our players aren't infallible.  There's racism everywhere, even in the SEC. 🤪

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Dr. Beeper said:

Agreed on the #1 and it is clearly Bijan. But plenty of people here hate KI and have the oddest shit to say about him - he’s slow footed and generally sucks. It’s pretty astounding. 

That dropped TD against LSU forever changed the way people saw him. Fumble against TCU didn't help.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, tokamak said:

We don’t deserve Roschon Johnson.

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Consummate team player and when he gets his chance he busts his ass. 

He will go through the carwash for this team. You may think that he will run soft, but I will say "Oh no he didn't."

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Dr. Beeper said:

Agreed on the #1 and it is clearly Bijan. But plenty of people here hate KI and have the oddest shit to say about him - he’s slow footed and generally sucks. It’s pretty astounding. 

I don't hate KI. I just hate when he drops TD passes and fumbles the ball away costing us games. Wish him well but not upset that he's gone.

• Hook 'Em 2

55 minutes ago, ousux said:
11 hours ago, Nope said:
Nah, RJ earned his reps. Ingram was the guy taking the carries Bijan needed.

As an early Ingram fan, (and still think he'd be great depth if he stays) I gotta agree with this. No QB turned RB runs as hard as RJ, at least none come to mind. This isnt a defense of Herman/Drayton, but adjusting to the speed of the game and talented players at every position on D takes true Freshmen a few games to adjust to. Bijan wasnt exactly knifing through defenses early on, and very nearly ended his carreer early with some ill advised moves versus college defenses.

Yea, truth be told I never forgave Ingram for that LSU drop in the end zone. I choose to conveniently believe it changed the whole trajectory of the program and Herman’s tenure.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Nope said:

Yea, truth be told I never forgave Ingram for that LSU drop in the end zone. I choose to conveniently believe it changed the whole trajectory of the program and Herman’s tenure.

I think it did. We were playing from behind the rest of the game. We win that game...

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Nope said:

Disagree.  Think Herman would find s way to fuck thinks up anyway.  Close games against KU, KSU, etc. Some of those destined to be losses, given his binder-made decisions.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, cochamps said:

Disagree.  Think Herman would find s way to fuck thinks up anyway.  Close games against KU, KSU, etc. Some of those destined to be losses, given his binder-made decisions.

We probably would have faltered later in the year, but in that game we had so much momentum and that play was a needle in the balloon.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Nope said:

We probably would have faltered later in the year, but in that game we had so much momentum and that play was a needle in the balloon.

Do not disagree with that.  If we score there (KI drop & about 7 failed Sam keepers), we would not have been playing catch up all night.  Even if it went OT, think we win because they couldn’t stop us per Ed O.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Assman said:

Which is 100% of the reason he was getting carries over Bijan.  Typical "bled for the program" type that the coaches love so they didn't want to lose him by sitting him on the bench.  I get you need locker room guys like that, but I'm ready to see a coach play the best players.

Yeah, I don't have a huge problem with the carry distribution between Bijan and Roschon. It was basically 50-50, ideally that should tip towards Bijan a little more but he was banged up earlier this season. They just needed more carries. Part of that would come from being more efficient on offense, getting first downs and just having more plays. A big chunk would be from not having your fucking QB lead your team in carries: 

image.png.3fdf21216db098539722de5131151090.png

Not sure how many of those are scrambles/sacks, but a ton were called runs and Herman's complete inability to design a successful run game that didn't feature his qb was one of his biggest fuckups in a tenure defined by fuckups. This isn't bashing Sam either, we did him no favors by having him bash himself into the line of scrimmage over and over while our most talented offensive player since Jamaal patiently waited for his turn to pop another 50 yard gain. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, capnamerca said:

Yeah, I think the guy who gave up his lifelong (and recruited-into) position to help fill a drastic need on the team, then stuck with that position even with the arrival of a 5* blue chip, picks up blocking assignments and doesn't fumble, when he runs runs HARD, and you've never heard a single solitary negative word about him has earned himself a little bit of leeway.

This is Surly, bro. Not up in here!

• Haha 1

May not have changed it completely. A win against LSU in a year they won it all would have been a double edged sword. On one hand it would be accomplishing something no other team on their schedule could do...on the other it would raise questions about how we could do that yet a Big12 championship and playoffs are a bridge too far..
  • Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:
1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:
Troy Omeire is gonna be a beast in this offense 

With Bijan, Troy, and Moore all on the field... And a QB who can throw deep and scramble for chunks of yards... We should be salty.

Dude, yes. I think I mentioned them all including Wiley, Whittington (assuming he's not falling apart this year), and Jake Smith. We should have no problems scoring if Sark is who we think he is. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/5/2021 at 9:24 AM, ClubWhatever said:

So spill it.  Who is he?

20 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

I'm curious how the booster culture is a problem for coaches here more so than other places. Same for any latent racism. It always may be difficult for me to understand. Winning cures many ills.

Yes, overly involved boosters and latent racism hold back so many programs. It's why the SEC struggles. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

I would have to assume that if there was negative recruiting going on and the success Sark has had at Alabama, they would have to be happy. Again, just an assumption. But hopefully stopping the douchey kissing on the lips, burnt breakfast, no helmet stickers shit is a net positive for the team.
fuck helmet suickers bush league crap