Current player reactions to Sark?

MIkeHoncho

2 minutes ago, SDG said:

He’s already studying the Sark Offense per IG post in the Bijan thread.  I think we’re good there.  

As good as he looks on the field, I absolutely love Bijan's attitude. Seems like a great kid. Rare to see that combo of skill and humility.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

Anwar:

The Longhorn football team held a very encouraging players-only meeting on Monday, according to my sources.

That meeting was led by quarterback Casey Thompson, offensive lineman Denzel Okafor, running back Roschon Johnson and linebacker Juwan Mitchell, according to those close to the situation. I was told the purpose of the meeting was to check-in on everybody since the recent firing of Tom Herman and hiring of Steve Sarkisian. The leaders on the team wanted to gauge the morale of their teammates.

From what I was told, the meeting had a "good vibe." Some players were disappointed by Herman's departure and the possibility of their losing position coaches. I was told they said positive things about Herman and the opportunity to attend the University of Texas.

However, the players are excited about Sarkisian because of his success at Alabama. They expressed optimism that Sarkisian can replicate that success in Austin, and it appears the players are ready to embrace their new leader. It does not appear we will see the same resistance that initially occurred when players were not willing to accept Herman after Charlie Strong was fired.

The meeting ended with players agreeing to focus on strength and conditioning, and their goal is to return to campus in the best shape possible.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

From TFB

The players had a player’s only meeting earlier today.

This comes after the rest of the offensive staff was told they would not be retained (Yurcich, Coleman, Hand, and Boulware).

I am told that the meeting was very short, was lead by Roschon Johnson and the seniors, and was basically a meeting to get the spirits of the team in the right direction.

The idea that, “We have to continue to work hard no matter who the staff is,” was basically repeated in a number of different ways.

Seems like despite the coaching changes the players understand that 2021 could still be a good year for them as long as they stay focused.

Here is a sneak peek at the general content of the meeting:

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

From TFB

The players had a player’s only meeting earlier today.

This comes after the rest of the offensive staff was told they would not be retained (Yurcich, Coleman, Hand, and Boulware).

I am told that the meeting was very short, was lead by Roschon Johnson and the seniors, and was basically a meeting to get the spirits of the team in the right direction.

The idea that, “We have to continue to work hard no matter who the staff is,” was basically repeated in a number of different ways.

Seems like because of the coaching changes the players understand that 2021 could still be a good year for them as long as they stay focused.

Here is a sneak peek at the general content of the meeting:

fixed

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Anwar:

The Longhorn football team held a very encouraging players-only meeting on Monday, according to my sources.

That meeting was led by quarterback Casey Thompson, offensive lineman Denzel Okafor, running back Roschon Johnson and linebacker Juwan Mitchell, according to those close to the situation. I was told the purpose of the meeting was to check-in on everybody since the recent firing of Tom Herman and hiring of Steve Sarkisian. The leaders on the team wanted to gauge the morale of their teammates.

From what I was told, the meeting had a "good vibe." Some players were disappointed by Herman's departure and the possibility of their losing position coaches. I was told they said positive things about Herman and the opportunity to attend the University of Texas.

However, the players are excited about Sarkisian because of his success at Alabama. They expressed optimism that Sarkisian can replicate that success in Austin, and it appears the players are ready to embrace their new leader. It does not appear we will see the same resistance that initially occurred when players were not willing to accept Herman after Charlie Strong was fired.

The meeting ended with players agreeing to focus on strength and conditioning, and their goal is to return to campus in the best shape possible.

What are the rules for coaching staffs and players during this time of the year? Like if the old staff was still here, would they be able to have contact with the players?

39 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

What are the rules for coaching staffs and players during this time of the year? Like if the old staff was still here, would they be able to have contact with the players?

Offseason activities are limited to 8 hours per week.

21 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

So if Sark had a guy, he could be working/talking with the players..interesting.

The bulk of that time is S&C.  Football "classroom" is limited to 2 hours, no footballs or practice.

So the coaches can work with you with thing like film, playbook, etc.  You can even do team/unit walkthroughs of plays.  You cannot really practice route trees, blocking techniques, etc until spring ball.

Edited by JBJ

1 hour ago, Bruh Man said:

Anwar:

Juwan Mitchell???  They wanted the leader in missed tackles to be there? The leader in stupid penalties? He needs to be looking for somewhere else to play 

12 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

Sark will have more than one guy--unless you mean by position group.

I meant a coach to answer questions/keep the energy up until the full staff is on board. I'm sure there will be times when he's not available between now and the 11th. Which I guess that would be Drayton, since he is staying.

27 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Juwan Mitchell???  They wanted the leader in missed tackles to be there? The leader in stupid penalties? He needs to be looking for somewhere else to play 

I think they wanted a player who had quit the team multiple times to say “Don’t do what I did” at the meeting.

Edited by stork642
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

Anwar:

I hope someone wrote on the whiteboard “whoever wants to beat ULaLa be at the practice field at 6:30”

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

Roschon Johnson seems like an awesome dude. 

Because he's a dude that just wants to ball. There are a whole bunch that do and the events of the summer and also Herman's whole schtick basically marginalized them. I don't see that continuing thank Christ.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

Roschon Johnson seems like an awesome dude. 

Which is 100% of the reason he was getting carries over Bijan.  Typical "bled for the program" type that the coaches love so they didn't want to lose him by sitting him on the bench.  I get you need locker room guys like that, but I'm ready to see a coach play the best players.

11 hours ago, coachherman'sgrill said:

I would have to assume that if there was negative recruiting going on and the success Sark has had at Alabama, they would have to be happy. Again, just an assumption. But hopefully stopping the douchey kissing on the lips, burnt breakfast, no helmet stickers shit is a net positive for the team.

Woah, what?? 

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Assman said:

Which is 100% of the reason he was getting carries over Bijan.  Typical "bled for the program" type that the coaches love so they didn't want to lose him by sitting him on the bench.  I get you need locker room guys like that, but I'm ready to see a coach play the best players.

Yet Juwan Mitchell was getting snaps too.

8 minutes ago, Assman said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5362498

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Assman said:

Nah, RJ earned his reps. Ingram was the guy taking the carries Bijan needed.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Surprised to see it insinuated that JQJ was a bad apple. He was a big get when he committed and stuck to it all the way even with Card coming in. A lot of potential if he can get it together. 

Off the BON comments guy? Pretty sure he's as full of shit as Caddox.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, crash_davis said:

from comments section of same article.

You have to ask yourself a QB that has been with a Coach for 4yrs

Even tho Sam wasnt Tom’s favorite he always lifted him up to the Media always song praises. Sam on the other hand was always trying to be slick when it came to Tom it started with the injury shit Sam went on his own and said he was hurt Tom kept saying he wasnt. You never undermine your coach and medical staff going rogue like that especially to the press. 2nd it was the "song" we dont need to discuss this again but Sam’s mother was one of the 130 emails sent to Hartzell. How do you think the players in the locker room felt about there "leader" mother saying that they need to stand up straight and sing a song? Lastly has Sam said anything since Tom got fired? No good words like his 4yr head coach has given him time after time? Sam isnt the guy people think he is. Jake Smith is just a follower in my book crying over playing time so oh well I understand why he says things. The black recruits that I named well there transfer bound and once again we know why they decided to negative recruit against us.

Sounds like pussy is still undefeated

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Consummate team players and when he gets his chance he busts his ass. 

Yeah, I think the guy who gave up his lifelong (and recruited-into) position to help fill a drastic need on the team, then stuck with that position even with the arrival of a 5* blue chip, picks up blocking assignments and doesn't fumble, when he runs runs HARD, and you've never heard a single solitary negative word about him has earned himself a little bit of leeway.

• Hook 'Em 6