Star Wars Resistance

mdmost

If we were at the old place, I'd put this in the Star Wars Rebels thread. Filoni's next series is an anime inspired Star Wars show. Looks very Robotech inspired.

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-resistance-set-for-fall-debut?cmp=smc|1496800781

LUCASFILM // APRIL 26, 2018

STAR WARS RESISTANCE, ANIME-INSPIRED SERIES, SET FOR FALL DEBUT

ALL-NEW ANIMATED SERIES WILL FOCUS ON THE ERA BEFORE STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS.

This fall, welcome to the Resistance!

StarWars.com is thrilled to announce that production has begun on Star Wars Resistance, an exciting new animated adventure series about Kazuda Xiono, a young pilot recruited by the Resistance and tasked with a top-secret mission to spy on the growing threat of the First Order. It will premiere this fall on Disney Channel in the U.S. and thereafter, on Disney XD and around the world.

Featuring the high-flying adventure that audiences of all ages have come to expect from Star Wars, Star Wars Resistance — set in the time prior to Star Wars: The Force Awakens — will feature the beloved droid BB-8 alongside ace pilots, colorful new characters and appearances by fan favorites including Poe Dameron and Captain Phasma, voiced by actors Oscar Isaac and Gwendoline Christie, respectively.

star-wars-resistance-main-1024x576.jpg

The series was created by renowned Lucasfilm Animation veteran Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels); executive-produced by Athena Portillo (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels), Justin Ridge (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) and Brandon Auman (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles); and art-directed by Amy Beth Christenson (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels).

“The idea for Star Wars Resistance came out of my interest in World War II aircraft and fighter pilots” said Filoni. “My grandfather was a pilot and my uncle flew and restored planes, so that’s been a big influence on me. There’s a long history of high-speed racing in Star Wars, and I think we’ve captured that sense of excitement in an anime-inspired style, which is something the entire team has been wanting to do for a long time.”

Marc Buhaj, senior vice president, Programming and general manager, Disney XD, said, “Our colleagues at Lucasfilm have created a compelling narrative for an untold moment in the Star Wars galaxy, and we are excited to partner with them again on this new original series. Star Wars Resistance will bring viewers across generations an engaging story with heart, humor and both new and familiar characters.”

In addition to Isaac and Christie, the voice cast includes actors Christopher Sean (Days of Our Lives), Suzie McGrath (East Enders), Scott Lawrence (Legion), Myrna Velasco (Elena of Avalor), Josh Brener (Silicon Valley), Donald Faison (Scrubs), Bobby Moynihan (DuckTales), Jim Rash (Community), and Rachel Butera (Tammy’s Tiny Tea Time).

Follow @StarWars for the latest on #StarWarsResistance and check out StarWars.com for more exciting news on the series.

StarWars.com. All Star Wars, all the time.

Edited by mdmost

TLJ ruined this period of star wars for me.  that movie destroyed any interest i have in this storyline of the force and it's characters.  all this prequel shit knowing how phasma dies by some pussy ass way, the way luke turns into ether, the way leia supermans in space....fucking bullshit movie ruined it.

i just want a totally separate story line with ezra, sabine, and ahsoka.  fuck rian johnson for destroying star wars.  

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

For fans of the Clone Wars cartoon, Dave Filoni just announced at Comic Con their doing the final season of The Clone Wars on the new Disney streaming platform in 2019.

Here's the trailer:

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 1

I didn't watch The Clone Wars as the prequel era was not something I could get into. Though Rebels has made me think about reexamining that notion and I guess now I have time to work my way through it if I choose. This has to have been in the works for a while as the animation takes a long time to come together. Makes sense why Rebels ended early as Filoni moved on to this and getting Resistance off the ground. That's quite the 1-2 punch for Disney's new platform. I think it also helps the fans who felt Disney shit on the EU and Clone Wars with the abrupt ending of both. A lot of people who normally are pretty bitchy about all things Disney on places like Reddit and Facebook are very happy with this news. 

15 hours ago, mdmost said:

I didn't watch The Clone Wars as the prequel era was not something I could get into. Though Rebels has made me think about reexamining that notion and I guess now I have time to work my way through it if I choose. This has to have been in the works for a while as the animation takes a long time to come together. Makes sense why Rebels ended early as Filoni moved on to this and getting Resistance off the ground. That's quite the 1-2 punch for Disney's new platform. I think it also helps the fans who felt Disney shit on the EU and Clone Wars with the abrupt ending of both. A lot of people who normally are pretty bitchy about all things Disney on places like Reddit and Facebook are very happy with this news. 

First season or 2 we’re tough, but it got pretty solid to very good later on. I think when they started developing and focusing more on the characters we didn’t know about it became much better. They also did a much better job making showing an actual fucking friendship between Obiwan and Anakin. 

Probably had more fluff than rebels, but I think that is because Rebels had a more defined scope with a planned beginning, middle, and end when it kicked off. Skip all droid episodes.  Skip all episodes where Jar Jar appears to be the focus.  You’ll know quickly.  

Season 2 Rebels ending is still the best of the best, but CW has a few episodes and arcs that come close (no spoiler - but what was originally the last 2 part episode may be second to twilight if the apprentice). Maul arc is good too. 

IMO Clone Wars was way better then Rebels could ever hope to be.

Excited to hear Clone Wars is coming back.

36 minutes ago, Xian said:

Filoni just needs to be head of Lucasarts already. His only downsides can be attributed to being forced to make “kid shows”, though we saw how he eventually able to appear to a pretty wide audience in clone wars. 

Would love to see him involved in the more adult themed movies 

For a kids’ cartoon, CW was pretty violent. Lots of head shots, gut shots, and death by torture

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

I was really high on Rebels from early on and was pretty much always loving it.

This makes me nervous, hopefully I’m completely wrong. As of now I’m looking at this as a holdover until Clone Wars returns

See I was the opposite on Rebels. The brash young guy and the spunky Mandalorian who spray painted stuff to express her art was way too millennial for me. I was not interested in Rebels but the first couple of shows hooked me in. 

On 4/26/2018 at 11:20 AM, crash_davis said:

TLJ ruined this period of star wars for me.  that movie destroyed any interest i have in this storyline of the force and it's characters.  all this prequel shit knowing how phasma dies by some pussy ass way, the way luke turns into ether, the way leia supermans in space....fucking bullshit movie ruined it.

i just want a totally separate story line with ezra, sabine, and ahsoka.  fuck rian johnson for destroying star wars.  

Did you watch The Clone Wars?  It was excellent despite the prequels being mostly garbage.  

On 8/17/2018 at 10:50 AM, mdmost said:

Hmm. Having the same reaction I had when Rebels came out in that the trailer makes it look very kiddish. Will give it a chance though.

Hmmm.... the animation looks pretty amazing.  I REALLY hope the slapsticky/comedy stuff is just being played up in trailer and isn't a huge part of the show... that was a little concerning....

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Hmmm.... the animation looks pretty amazing.  I REALLY hope the slapsticky/comedy stuff is just being played up in trailer and isn't a huge part of the show... that was a little concerning....

It is being launched on the Disney Channel.

But I think it's there mainly for the kids/to introduce some characters as fish-out-of-water types.  This is too slickly done to have that as a main part of the show.

Guess I need to make my way through CW and Rebels. Started watching CW but got bored with some of the fillers so will need to look the list of what to watch and what can be skipped.

Hopefully this latest one turns out good. Enjoyed watching robotech style anime.

• 1 month later...

I was a little worried with some of the stuff I had seen before, and I'm a guy that loved Rebels and Clone Wars, and most of the new Disney stuff too.

Went in with low expectations, thinking it was going to be nothing but racing.  I was pleasantly surprised.  Really good world building, much more than I expected in an hour, and a few legit, not forced, laughs.  Has some potential to be good and much better than I thought.  Animation wasn't nearly as bad as I feared either.  I'm in.