2021 Houston Texans offseason thread

Macklemore

The Titans game is not technically over but the Texans defense is playing like it is. Good riddance to this abortion of the season. We never have to hear the names Mike Devlin, Tim Kelly, RAC and Anthony Weaver again. Get the fuck out of Houston and fumigate the stadium from their stench. This D is the least talented outfit in the NFL. Our new GM needs to rebuild everything. Strip it all down. JJ is our only good player on that side of the ball and he is almost at the end of his career. Get him on a cheaper contract or trade him to a contender. Do a thorough coaching search and wait until after the Super Bowl to get your guy if it is Bieniemy. Robert Saleh is another good choice. Complete culture change to one hellbent on winning is needed.

Edited by Macklemore

Last info that I've found on Texans 2021 draft picks

"So after the proverbial dust cleared, the Texans have the eight picks below in 2021. There may also be some compensatory selections, too. Those will be announced in late-February or early March of next year."

ROUND

• 3  TEXANS
  • 4 (FROM ARIZONA)
  • 4  TEXANS PICK
  • 5   TEXANS PICK
  • 6 (FROM MIAMI)
  • 6 (FROM NEW ORLEANS)
  • 6   TEXANS PICK
  • 7   TEXANS PICK

Edited by LTtxfan

10 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Last info that I've found on Texans 2021 draft picks

"So after the proverbial dust cleared, the Texans have the eight picks below in 2021. There may also be some compensatory selections, too. Those will be announced in late-February or early March of next year."

ROUND

• 3  TEXANS
  • 4 (FROM ARIZONA)
  • 4  TEXANS PICK
  • 5   TEXANS PICK
  • 6 (FROM MIAMI)
  • 6 (FROM NEW ORLEANS)
  • 6   TEXANS PICK
  • 7   TEXANS PICK

We interviewed Scott Cohen from the Ravens for GM. I will take anyone from the Ravens to run our team. They are the team I would like for us to model ourselves after. We have lots of mid round picks. We need someone to be able to find guys who can contribute immediately.

Edited by Macklemore

We interviewed Scott Cohen from the Ravens for GM. I will take anyone from the Ravens to run our team. They are the team I would like for us to model ourselves after. We have lots of mid round picks. We need someone to be able to find guys who can contribute immediately.

I completely agree. The Ravens seem to always draft well and are smart when/if they go after FA’s. Do it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I feel like they should trade JJ to a winning team. Dude gives his all every play and deserves to play on a contender. I’d say he only has two decent years left. He’s been vague answering questions about being traded. That and his rant last weekend makes me feel like he want to finish on a playoff team instead of a rebuild. Supposedly would only bring a 2nd or 3Rd.  I think I’d do it for a 2nd if it’s to somewhere he’d like to go to.  

52 minutes ago, Hate said:

I understand the time crunch they are under for finding a coach, but I’d really rather see them get a GM first. I want there to be complete alignment from top to bottom on the future of this team.

I saw they requested permission for Caserio.  Oh boy, let's do this part all over again. 

56 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Hi Miami can we have back the #3 and #36 picks for Tunsil? Can we sue BoB’s next team for theft? JFC that ended up being a pointless trade if we were nowhere close to “win now”, and certainly weren’t committed to that if they dealt Hopkins for nothing. 

We could have gotten Devonta Smith and a good CB with those picks. What buttchin did was criminal. He should be banned from the NFL

Such a fucking joke.  Do the dog and pony show with that “committee” that Easterby is not a part of and have some good candidates.  Then Easterby sneaks in his buddy from NE.  Convinced now that Easterby has incriminating photos of Cal or something.

JJ’s career was wasted and would not blame Deshaun one bit if he wanted out of this clusterfuck.

• Hook 'Em 1

Patriots past 7 years plus of drafts. Tons of all pro talent. Horrible hire. Thanks Cal and Jack. As long as nrg keeps filling up and people buying thier crap its buisness as usual. Texans are in the money making buisness not the football buisness 2dc24be9e92309b2bf9aabb40bc4da0b.jpgfc60b69912b2d985fed7fd2f9338ee57.jpge530c0a696f12fb5d2a0b1638ad7a1db.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1

Goddamnit.  I'm so pissed.  They've been trying to go after this guy for a few years and couldn't get him.  This is not going to end well and they will be right back here in 5 years looking for the next shitty GM and coach. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Macklemore said:

We could have gotten Devonta Smith and a good CB with those picks. What buttchin did was criminal. He should be banned from the NFL

Deep WR draft for 2021.... Could see Texans pick a WR in the 4th Rd.

ROUND

• 3  TEXANS
  • 4 (FROM ARIZONA)
  • 4  TEXANS PICK
  • 5   TEXANS PICK
  • 6 (FROM MIAMI)
  • 6 (FROM NEW ORLEANS)
  • 6   TEXANS PICK
  • 7   TEXANS PICK

6 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

From what I can tell, it seems Deshaun is the one that wants to keep Easterby around. 

Catch-22 of listening to the inmates. Playing the game at a high level doesn't always cross over.

And as bad as they need receivers/rbs/oline, the defense should get the first 4 picks. It's terrible.

5 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Catch-22 of listening to the inmates. Playing the game at a high level doesn't always cross over.   And as bad as they need receivers/rbs/oline, the defense should get the first 4 picks. It's terrible.

Best available player whenever possible, but a WR in Round 4 might make sense this year...

22 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

From what I can tell, it seems Deshaun is the one that wants to keep Easterby around. 

Where’d you see that? I thought the opposite based on his comments yesterday.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/john-mcclain/article/Deshaun-Watson-Texans-culture-change-new-regime-15845312.php

“We need a whole culture shift,” he said Monday on a Zoom conference call. “We need new energy. We need discipline. We need structure. We need a leader so we can follow that leader as players.”

“We’ve all got to be on the same page. There’s too many different minds, too many different ideas and too many people who think they have this power, and it’s not like that.”

For years texans tried to be denver south, now its patriots south. I hope nick and whoever the head coach is comes in and wins. Hate seeing great talented players waste thier career here. If it doesnt work in my opinion think alot of fans will walk away.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Deep WR draft for 2021.... Could see Texans pick a WR in the 4th Rd.

ROUND

• 3  TEXANS
  • 4 (FROM ARIZONA)
  • 4  TEXANS PICK
  • 5   TEXANS PICK
  • 6 (FROM MIAMI)
  • 6 (FROM NEW ORLEANS)
  • 6   TEXANS PICK
  • 7   TEXANS PICK

Okay... our draft status is not as bad as I thought.

The right guy or guys can turn this around. I just hope to fuck we get the right ones.

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Okay... our draft status is not as bad as I thought.

The right guy or guys can turn this around. I just hope to fuck we get the right ones.

1) With the Texans having 3 picks in the 6th Rd, wonder what positions historically tend to make a roster more frequently that late in the Draft??

(Probably a lot of guys that can help on special teams and provide depth -- so maybe  LB, Safety, TE, WR, or maybe RB would be my guess.)

2) Also curious what undrafted free agent positions have better success getting filled??   TEXAS has provided some DL that have worked out in Poona and Malcolm Roach.  

Edited by LTtxfan