2021 Houston Texans offseason thread

Macklemore

1 hour ago, Macklemore said:

I know. Deadspin has become a joke and this article is really pushing it but, in the end, this perception of the team is going to be a killer in trying to attract the best coaches and players in FA. All Deshaun wanted was to be kept in the loop. That’s it. He wasn’t expecting to choose the GM. Cal couldn’t even be bothered to do that. He chose the snake Easterby, a guy who people in the organization don’t trust, over your franchise QB.

Cal may or may not be a racist. But he is sure as shit is dumb as a box of rocks, and for some reason has ceded the future of the organization to Jack Easterby. No one in football trusts Easterby, and therefore no one will trust the Texans while he's there. Cal had his chance to hire a real GM, and excise the Easterby tumor. He did not. So fuck him and this team.

It's a matter of time before Watson demands a trade.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SimkinsMan said:

Cal may or may not be a racist. But he is sure as shit is dumb as a box of rocks, and for some reason has ceded the future of the organization to Jack Easterby. No one in football trusts Easterby, and therefore no one will trust the Texans while he's there. Cal had his chance to hire a real GM, and excise the Easterby tumor. He did not. So fuck him and this team.

It's a matter of time before Watson demands a trade.

Can we kick him out of the T Association?

32 minutes ago, OWLVIS said:

Remember when we though Bud was a bad owner?

I miss Bud, print the t -shirts

Bud can burn in hell for moving my favorite team of all time. That being said, the Oilers truly represented Htown. The nickname, unis, and were flashy embodying the wildcatter ethos of the town back then. They drafted Earl, Holovak knew how to draft and manage a roster, they were colorful and interesting. The Texans are boring, vanilla and perfectly representative of corporate America in the 21st century.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

At this point I'd prefer they not hire a black coach at all. The organization is showing itself to be inept and intellectually corrupt. So he'll end up like Todd Bowles, 3-4 years of shitty management and no support before getting fired. I know it's tough to turn down opportunity when the jobs are limited.

And I don't think it's racism just really, really bad management. Cal and his momma are in way over their heads.

• Hook 'Em 1

Consensus top 5 coaching candidates:

1. Eric Bieniemy
  2. Robert Saleh
  3. Matt Eberflus
  4. Arthur Smith
  5. Brian Daboll

Texans have not requested interviews from any of them other than Eberflus. Eberflus turned down their request and wants nothing to do with this dumpster fire. They are requesting interviews of has beens and never weres on no one's list. They couldn't be fucking up things worse if they were trying to do so.

Edited by Macklemore

Fuck Bud Adams in his face but he was still despite his vast incompetence 10x as competent an owner as the McNair douches.  The *only* thing they've gotten right was letting the fans tailgate before games and even that was taken away this year.

Could you imagine the McNairs starting a league like the AFL?

lolololololo - Instant Sound Effect Button | Myinstants

Edited by Pimphand
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Consensus top 5 coaching candidates:

1. Eric Bieniemy
  2. Robert Saleh
  3. Matt Eberflus
  4. Arthur Smith
  5. Brian Daboll

Texans have not requested interviews from any of them other than Eberflus. Eberflus turned down their request and wants nothing to do with this dumpster fire. They are requesting interviews of has beens and never weres on no one's list. They couldn't be fucking up things worse if they were trying to do so.

All those candidates would require foresight and innovation in a front office willing to take chances and embrace the modern game.  The Rams, the Bears, the Packers, the Cardinals, the Browns.  There's a youth movement in the NFL but nah, let's hire some retreads or 60-something year old assistants.  And 4 of those teams made the playoffs. 

Too bad the McNairs would rather act like it's still 2001 or something.  The game has changed, but our front office is stuck in the past. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Lulz. While negotiating with the other GM candidate, one of the ones on the list McNair paid $600K for, Easterby went over to his house and convinced him that Caserio was getting the Panthers job and was going to take Jack with him.

The league needs to step in and force a sell to a mentally competent adult.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, The Earl of Texas said:

Bieniemy will have lots of options but having a Pro Bowl LT and Deshaun is still a very attractive package. Above and beyond that, it sup to our new GM. So let’s see what he’s made of.

The players are indeed attractive. But he needs to look at the organization as whole which means the assholes at the top. If he has options, I wouldn't even waste my time interviewing. Especially since the request is coming after the shitfest in the news. 

Andre Johnson twitter:

If I’m @deshaunwatson I will stand my ground. The Texans organization is known for wasting players careers. Since Jack Easterby has walk into the building nothing good has happened in/for the organization and for some reason someone can’t seem to see what’s going on. Pathetic!!!

• Hook 'Em 3

For the life of me I don't understand how Bieniemy has been a can't miss coaching prospect.  His main coaching talents in college were dropping bags and hiring strippers for recruits and somehow he's been rehabilitated by holding Andy Reid's clipboard?  I don't get it.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, WBT said:

For the life of me I don't understand how Bieniemy has been a can't miss coaching prospect.  His main coaching talents in college were dropping bags and hiring strippers for recruits and somehow he's been rehabilitated by holding Andy Reid's clipboard?  I don't get it.

Players love him and is very relatable. He is excellent talent evaluator and can coach up that talent. He was instrumental in getting the best from Kareem Hunt. The Chiefs offense is a thing of beauty. Play designs and execution are very precise. Bieniemy is a big part of the reason why. He is like Bruce Arians, he is not going to impress in the board room but is a damn good coach who is going to win a lot of games. Whoever is smart enough to hire him is getting a winner

Y'all, there's a pandemic going on and I urge you as fellow Texans and (I presume) fellow Longhorns to cut ties with this franchise until the McNair clan sells it. It will cause you nothing but misery until you do. As a kid I fucking bled Columbia blue for the Oilers and I tried to get on the Texans train but I soon found it was easier and better for my sanity to pull for whichever team was playing this joke of a franchise week after week. And now the operation is being run not by a rich idiot, but by the failson of a rich idiot. Things are not going to get better with Calhoun McNair at the helm. (Yes, he is named after John C. Calhoun.) Cut ties. Quit it. You'll feel better. The NFL won't give up the Houston market but it would welcome a better ownership group. And who knows? Maybe we will get the old Oilers rags back someday. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Y'all, there's a pandemic going on and I urge you as fellow Texans and (I presume) fellow Longhorns to cut ties with this franchise until the McNair clan sells it. It will cause you nothing but misery until you do. As a kid I fucking bled Columbia blue for the Oilers and I tried to get on the Texans train but I soon found it was easier and better for my sanity to pull for whichever team was playing this joke of a franchise week after week. And now the operation is being run not by a rich idiot, but by the failson of a rich idiot. Things are not going to get better with Calhoun McNair at the helm. (Yes, he is named after John C. Calhoun.) Cut ties. Quit it. You'll feel better. The NFL won't give up the Houston market but it would welcome a better ownership group. And who knows? Maybe we will get the old Oilers rags back someday. 

way ahead of ya

also, told y'all Andre Johnson wasted his career

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/andre-johnson-deandre-hopkins-blast-houston-texans-exec-jack-easterby/ar-BB1cHmg6

• Hook 'Em 1