2021 Houston Texans offseason thread

Macklemore

3 hours ago, Smax said:

This organization has been shit from the very beginning, I never liked the name, the colors or toro. Piss poor decisions in the draft, coaches, wasting talent, no VY. I've said from the get go, just because a billionaire buys a team and drops it in my city doesn't mean I'll support them, that has be earned. 20 or so years into this mess, never been to a game or bought anything with their name or logo on, fuck em

Here’s your trophy. 

They will lose this entire city if they allow Deshaun to walk.....at least that's what I choose to believe. Who on God's green earth would pay a dime after they trade a top 5 wr and top 5 qb in back to back off seasons??? Especially when the qb just signed a 5 year extension. 

I'm a little confused how we got here. I get the hiring of the GM without DW's consent after we told him we'd take his opinion into consideration and he's pissed about that. But what has caused Deshaun's anger to grow since then? Is it because we're retaining Easterby after all or has DW just been stewing for days and wants the f out? I know he's pissed about the GM move, but we also just paid him 111 million so we're obviously committed to him. What's happened since then to cause the situation to get even worse in his view?

1 hour ago, Sleepygrad said:

They will lose this entire city if they allow Deshaun to walk.....at least that's what I choose to believe. Who on God's green earth would pay a dime after they trade a top 5 wr and top 5 qb in back to back off seasons??? Especially when the qb just signed a 5 year extension. 

I'm a little confused how we got here. I get the hiring of the GM without DW's consent after we told him we'd take his opinion into consideration and he's pissed about that. But what has caused Deshaun's anger to grow since then? Is it because we're retaining Easterby after all or has DW just been stewing for days and wants the f out? I know he's pissed about the GM move, but we also just paid him 111 million so we're obviously committed to him. What's happened since then to cause the situation to get even worse in his view?

You are all over the place.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I've been saying for at least a decade that some rich asshole needs to buy the team from the McNairs (an offer that couldn't be refused), meet with Bud Adams (now dead, so his daughter) and buy the rights back to the Oilers name/brand, then retire the Texans franchise and re-introduce a brand new Houston Oilers (but with Columbia blue and same jerseys/helmets, obviously). Then turn Reliant into a parking lot and spend a billion remodeling the Dome.

Probably will take $4-5 billion to make it all happen. Let's find someone. 

y9LfCXIapb98cgCtpELDmim4yIRfJsue5o6XkkE2

Minor edit though:

Don’t remodel the existing dome. It’s already going to be a parking garage with a flex space.

Bulldoze Reliant and build Dome 2.0... one that looks uses the original as a template, but has all the modern amenities.

Think about how much of a game changer it was. Do that... just for the 2020’s

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Now that’s one I would definitely call a retread. You might as well take a big swing on a guy like Mike Kafka and hope he’s Sean McVay if you’re gonna look at Frazier. But then again, if Kafka of all people got a job before Biennemy, some heads will explode and the race baiting articles will start like a forest fire.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

3 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Like anyone thought this shit show would make the right hire. It’s clear though they want a DC head coach since that’s all they’ve looked at. Bienemy should be the guy but we have fuck stains running the show. 

They are in love with Tim Kelly. He did some interesting things as a 1st year OC. He has worked his way up and supposedly has a good relationship with Watson. Not that it matters anymore.

2 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Now that’s one I would definitely call a retread. You might as well take a big swing on a guy like Mike Kafka and hope he’s Sean McVay if you’re gonna look at Frazier. But then again, if Kafka of all people got a job before Biennemy, some heads will explode and the race baiting articles will start like a forest fire.

They want EB to get a job, so Kafka can move up to OC.

The EB thing is weird. There's more to the story than just some shit in his background from 30 years ago. He's about to get shut out again. I think Philly is his only hope.

3 hours ago, Machinator said:

Leslie Frazier is a dollar tree knock off of Tony Dungy. Jim Caldwell would be 5x better than this. But this is exactly what I expect from the Texans.

And until DW or Cal says he is gone, I'm not buying the 'sources say' shit. We've been down those rabbit holes too many times before.

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Does NFL allow trade language like “higher of pick x and pick y in 2022” like the NBA does in trades? I.E. Jets trade Darnold, the #2 this year, the better of their two first rounders in 2022, and their first in 2023.

I don’t like Darnold. If he was part of that trade I’d try to flip him. 

No Cal and Pancakes- myself and the rest of Htown will not just “deal with it” and remain fans of this team if they keep Easterby and drive Deshaun away. I cut them off the minute after the DHop trade. Didn’t even watch the draft or follow roster moves or listen to the radio or read the paper covering them. I only came back because I had hope they’d hire the right GM and coach. Never thought they’d fuck this up this badly. The Chronicle is also fucking Houston over by keeping Pancakes on the Texans beat. He is a shill and not a reporter. Houston fans are getting fucked over on every level. This article hit a new low of sycophancy for Pancakes. Lauding drunk Cal for “not taking the easy road”.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, YChang said:

How's McClain or what's his name spinning this? Or is he? 

Pancakes is a disgusting fat piece of shit and is an embarrassment to sports journalism. Houston’s NFL teams have fucked over this city and failed at every level. Pancakes has been an apologist for Bud, sided with him during the move, and has supported the McNairs and BOB. What the fuck are the editors at the Chronicle thinking keeping this guy around. If he was doing his job like reporters in other cities do, he would take them to task and apply heat. If he had done his job the Oilers and Texans would have taken their job to bring a winner in Htown more seriously. We have never had a Super Bowl team, McClain deserves a big share of the blame

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Snacks said:

A writer... Deserves blame... For two football franchises not making the Superbowl.

Sarcasm, hyperbole, cocaine.

Yeah and it's not like that company man gig is not just his role, his gig. The Chron has always had a couple of other writers blasting the Texans weekly. Back in the day, the Post and Chronicle both had a couple of guys giving them shit constantly. Not even double the writers ragging on the Oilers got us to the Super Bowl, if you can even believe it! That must be because the Post also had a guy on staff whose job it was to blow Bud, so two company men = no Super Bowls. 

On 1/16/2021 at 9:28 PM, Sleepygrad said:

Have you ever been to a tailgate and seen some of the fans? They know more about the different flavors of bud lite lime then they know about football. TORO dude! He's a bull!

DW has been stewing since day 1 and wants the fuck out and I don't blame him one bit.

Edited by Zeus
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4