2021 Houston Texans offseason thread

Macklemore

11 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Buzbee and Cal look like a pair of drunks...I can see them talking each other into this ingenious scheme while shitfaced night after night. 

Jesus Christ Houston tries so hard to be this "world class city" that isn't redneck at all and these fucking hillbillies keep coming to the fore. 

Lol nice neg, dumbass. 

The national media is going to have a field day with this, @TonyTexas. Houston will be an absolute laughingstock, esp given its Buzbee filing the suit. 

I say this as a fourth gen Houstonian. 

13 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Buzbee being tight with the McNair's and having no real experience in sexual assault litigation has to be huge red flags.  Strange stuff.

Where is the history of idiot Cal and Buzbee being tight? That they both live in River Oaks or that Buzbee referred to Bob McNair as “my friend” on the Manziel billboard? This narrative is circulating in national media but from I can tell it all started as speculation. 

20 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

No way the NFL is forcing a sale based on just slapdickery.  

If they conspired to do this (which I think both are dumb enough to leave a paper trail if they did), then it's not "just slapdickery." The league would have to force a sale at that point.

• Hook 'Em 2

I think this is really really bad for Deshaun. Signing Tyrod and then trading for another QB. I assume they think Deshaun is not going to be available for one reason or another (either traded or suspended). I really wish they had traded him when he first requested it assuming they weren’t aware of the allegations then.

52 minutes ago, Hate said:

I think this is really really bad for Deshaun. Signing Tyrod and then trading for another QB. I assume they think Deshaun is not going to be available for one reason or another (either traded or suspended). I really wish they had traded him when he first requested it assuming they weren’t aware of the allegations then.

The Texans are a clown organization.

Deshaun was likely to not show up anyway, he's long maintained that he was done playing for the franchise. 

2 hours ago, Hate said:

Owners knew end of Jan.

Google God check:

> King responds to Charger fan criticism by suggesting God will condemn them to hell.

> His mom thought Desmond was going to be a miscarriage. Prayed with doctor to save him. They both thank the Lord he’s alive.

Speed: 93
Agility: 89
Man: 87
Faith: 95
Injury: 78 + 15 JC bonus
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Pretty much had to take a QB. Super shitty deal but you need some kind of hedge and Mills is a decent value there.

Couldn’t disagree more. You’ve got a perfect bandaid for a tank year in Tyrod. Bolster the defense or WR or OL or any of the other infinite holes on this team, and then get your QB with the top 5 pick you are sure to have next year. Makes no sense unless they think Mills is a sleeper superstar.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I actually really like Mills as a prospect. The problem is that they have so many damn holes in this roster that whomever we picked wasn’t going to move the needle much. Deshaun is done as a Texan. He’ll probably be suspended for next season and shipped out for a bounty of picks before next year’s draft of he settles. If Davis works out, that’s found money in the 3rd. He had a shot to be a first rounder next year if he came back.