2021 Houston Texans offseason thread

Macklemore

47 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Ah yes Prosperity Christians. I think people should keep an eye on JJ Watt’s Twitter today. Jmo. Should be interesting to see what happens with Watt. 

Prosperity Gospel Christians are heretics who would have deserved to have burned at the stake during the Middle Ages for their perverted reading of the New Testament.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

20 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

73474BF7-D761-44D6-B38E-09C948643023.png

I live in Denver now.  So unless I'm going to be a frontrunner for another team I have no connection to, my 2 options are the hometown suck ass team (Texans) or the current town I live suck ass team (Broncos) 

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I live in Denver now.  So unless I'm going to be a frontrunner for another team I have no connection to, my 2 options are the hometown suck ass team (Texans) or the current town I live suck ass team (Broncos) 

Broncos have been a winner. Adopt them as your own. Being a Houston fan is a beating. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, ztejas said:

I think my current decision matrix is:

A - Stick it out

B - Follow Deshaun

C - Embrace the Cowboys 

Probably leaning B right now but can't say I'm thrilled with the prospect of any option.

Option D - get Sunday Ticket and watch Red Zone and the other good games. Each season I pick a team or 2 to follow and root for - Tampa Bay and Cleveland were those teams this year. Have always like the Saints because of the proximity to Htown and because New Orleans is one of my favorite cities. They were a garbage franchise for almost 30+ years since they were founded. They are the beacon of hope that the Texans one day will not be an embarrassment. Being in New Orleans when they won the Super Bowl was cool as hell. Made me daydream how it would be like if we still had the Oilers and they won it all.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Option D - get Sunday Ticket and watch Red Zone and the other good games. Each season I pick a team or 2 to follow and root for - Tampa Bay and Cleveland were those teams this year. Have always like the Saints because of the proximity to Htown and because New Orleans is one of my favorite cities. They were a garbage franchise for almost 30+ years since they were founded. They are the beacon of hope that the Texans one day will not be an embarrassment. Being in New Orleans when they won the Super Bowl was cool as hell. Made me daydream how it would be like if we still had the Oilers and they won it all.

I mean - sure - I'm going to watch a lot of football either way and root for the seasonal flavors. Watching Cleveland not suck for the first time in forever was a lot of fun. 

I still enjoy being invested in the ups and downs of one franchise - for better (see: Spurs) or worse (see: Rangers).

52 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I moved to San Diego in ‘95.  Was pretty easy to start rooting for the Chargers when the Oilers were no more.  But now the Chargers are gone.    It’s kinda nice being an NFL nomad and not really having an emotional connection to any of the teams.  

I grew up in SA so I’ve always been a fan of both city’s teams (except for basketball because of the Spurs). Since the mid 90’s I’ve not had a truly meaningful Super Bowl and it doesn’t seem likely to happen any time soon. I usually pick an alternative team to cheer for every year. This year it was the Bills, so it was a pretty fun year.

5 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

There has been some critical discussion about him here and elsewhere, but it seems that he is well liked and it may not be PC to be critical of his executive experience and how it would translate to being a HC. He has been the OC for the end of the Alex Smith era and into the Pat Mahomes era all while Reid was HC. There’s a good chance the KC offense would be excellent no matter who the OC was. Kind of like “why wasn’t Greg Davis hired as HC after 2005???”

so how did this logic prevent Doug Pederson and Matt Nagy from getting Head Coaching positions?

• Hook 'Em 1

Trade Watson to Jets or Miami. Trade Tunsil if you can. And Watt and anyone else with value. Stockpile picks, draft a couple QBs and hope like hell someone pans out

Y’all realize none of these moves really matter as long there are no changes at the top right?

Were gonna see how committed Watson really have to calling their bluff. I get not wanting to trade your franchise qb, but man. I have a hard time believing he’s going to be bought in if you start fining the shit out of him.

Time for Watson to start faking migraines like Mixon or something.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Cal McNair: "Brother Culley and Brother Jack, I've figured out our plan. There's a quarterback available that is a "winner", a "legend", has been injury free for years, and loves Christ as much as we do.  We wouldn't have to pay him very much, but I think it's worth a max contract. I've never been so sure of something in my life."

Easterby: "Praise Jesus! Who is this prophet?"

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47j3hjydcoqj44epwz8v

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

This is a good hire. Hope he has someone good to coach. 

50 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

This is an astonishingly good hire that makes me question the current mental faculties of Pep.

Maybe this means they are prepared to trade Deshaun and draft a QB with whatever pick they have.  Either the second or third pick would be theirs to use on a rookie QB.  You could sign a veteran to come in and teach the rookie the ropes.  Let him sit and learn for a while.  Maybe? 

5 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Option E - Go play golf

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Hate said:

Maybe this means they are prepared to trade Deshaun and draft a QB with whatever pick they have.  Either the second or third pick would be theirs to use on a rookie QB.  You could sign a veteran to come in and teach the rookie the ropes.  Let him sit and learn for a while.  Maybe? 

Hopefully it does NOT mean they are planning to “fix” Sam Darnold....

If the Jets have to include him to make it work, sure but only if they still get the picks. Darnold does not replace a pick. He’s on the last year of his rookie contract. They can let him walk after 2021 while they build up the o-line with some draft picks. Let Darnold take the hits instead of the rookie.

22 minutes ago, Hate said:

If the Jets have to include him to make it work, sure but only if they still get the picks. Darnold does not replace a pick. He’s on the last year of his rookie contract. They can let him walk after 2021 while they build up the o-line with some draft picks. Let Darnold take the hits instead of the rookie.

Either that or flip him to a team like New Orleans for a second or third rounder. 

I feel bad for the hardcore Texans fans, and there are quite a few in Houston. I got pretty into them during the good Kubiak years but nothing like the Stros/Horns/Rockets. 

I don’t see how things change until Cal sells. Very similar to the late Drayton years.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Either that or flip him to a team like New Orleans for a second or third rounder. 

Darnold is not worth a 3rd round pick.

Watson to New York would be really good for the NFL. It's too bad the top of the draft is full of AFC teams. I'm sure the Texans would love to send Watson to the NFC so they only play against him every 4 years.

Edited by Pasken