2021 Houston Texans offseason thread

Macklemore

14 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

If the Texans trade Watson to the Saints, I’m done with the Texans and the NFL. 90% of the Saints fanbase already lives in Greater Houston. This will make it much worse. 

Yeah I'm not bandwagoning the Saints. All of the fake Saints fans in Austin drive me up the wall. 

• Like 1

Is ND Kalu normally a race hawk? I’ve been listening to 790 yesterday and today for the meltdown (figured 610 would just be the Easterby bullhorn). He keeps departing from Watson topic to get into Bieniemy not being hired by Houston and other teams and how the NFL is still a bunch of racists (even though Houston just hired a black HC to replace their black interim HC?). He also repeatedly has pushed for the Texans to get the #2 or 3 overall pick to take Fields as Watson’s replacement, while dismissing Zach Wilson completely. In the spiral of terrible moves, after losing Watson to take Fields would be a disaster and add a few more years to the rebuild IMO. Caserio as GM > ND Kalu as GM, so I guess we have that going for us. 

LOL as I type this he said he thinks another good plan would be to sign Jameis Winston and draft a WR in the top 3. Wow

• Hook 'Em 1

No hard questions from the media, lots of softballs.

Nick Caserio:

“It’s a great day to be a Texan!”

“We are committed to Deshaun Watson!”

“All you can do is be the best version of yourself every day! There’s a lot of worse things going on this world” Easterby/Olsteen speak

“The Texans have a great reputation around the league and people encouraged me to take this job  we have a lot of great people working in this building.”

David Culley:

Mentions blessings and praying over opportunity to be a HC of team, had several meetings with Cal and Janice McNair

Told story about his nickname being “Doublecross”, I guess thinking it would be endearing. He apparently signed with MTSU in high school with intention to flip to Vandy and Bill Parcells on signing day.

Referred to Cal McNair a couple times as “Kyle”. Kind of a Charlie Strong-Kurt Bohls moment. 

Plans to end his career as an assistant high school coach. 

The coach’s press conference right now was an absolute joke. Texans didn’t allow very many questions. There was a softball about him being recruited as a player in the fucking 70s, a question from the season ticket holder, etc. This team is a joke and an embarrassment to Houston. I’d rather not have an NFL team than this crap. Oh, David Culley sounded like a Lakewood, evangelical fraud like the lot of them.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Nick Caserio:

“All you can do is be the best version of yourself every day! There’s a lot of worse things going on this world” Easterby/Olsteen speak

“The Texans have a great reputation around the league and people encouraged me to take this job  we have a lot of great people working in this building.”

David Culley:

Mentions blessings and praying over opportunity to be a HC of team, had several meetings with Cal and Janice McNair

Told story about his nickname being “Doublecross”, I guess thinking it would be endearing. He apparently signed with MTSU in high school with intention to flip to Vandy and Bill Parcells on signing day.

Referred to Cal McNair a couple times as “Kyle”. Kind of a Charlie Strong-Kurt Bohls moment. 

American Horror Story Burn GIF by AHS

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Is @iconoclast texan still around? He can complain about his AJ McCarron custom jersey while I bitch about undervalued trades. 

I think he must self-immolated himself after his boy, Tom the Turtle, got axed and this Texans business. That or he OD’d

1 hour ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Is Goodell watching all this? It’s not racism, but can the league go nuclear at some point like it did on the Clippers owner and call what’s happening “detrimental to the game” and force the McNairs to sell?

This isn’t detrimental to the league, Watson to a more favored market is probably what the league would prefer.  

There’s a huge difference between being embarrassingly dumb with personnel decisions that produce a shitty team and being embarrassing in a way that’s bad for league wide business. the league doesn’t care if the Texans are terrible as long as fans and their money keep rolling in.

This isn’t detrimental to the league, Watson to a more favored market is probably what the league would prefer.  

There’s a huge difference between being embarrassingly dumb with personnel decisions that produce a shitty team and being embarrassing in a way that’s bad for league wide business. the league doesn’t care if the Texans are terrible as long as fans and their money keep rolling in.

Discrimination based on religious beliefs is serious but probably not as obvious or widespread as the Washington Football Team’s culture of sexual harassment. Snyder’s been worse for longer in most phases of ownership.

2 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Is Goodell watching all this? It’s not racism, but can the league go nuclear at some point like it did on the Clippers owner and call what’s happening “detrimental to the game” and force the McNairs to sell?

This is what I was getting at last week.

5 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Discrimination based on religious beliefs is serious but probably not as obvious or widespread as the Washington Football Team’s culture of sexual harassment. Snyder’s been worse for longer in most phases of ownership.

From an ethical standpoint, i agree. But Snyder has never runnof't a top 5 QB.

Just now, Eskimohorn said:

I agree, but that’s kind of what I meant about being embarrassing in a way that doesn’t hurt “the shield” or its money flow. Being overly Christian doesn’t seem to be bad for the NFL’s business.  And I think they would argue that they are not discriminating against anyone based on religion, they’re just using their preference as a positive point in the favor of some candidates rather than using the opposite as a negative. Clearly it’s just two sides of the same coin, but again, there’s a difference in what many people might agree is “wrong”, and what is “wrong enough” for the nfl to actually do anything. 

and you’re absolutely right, the example of Snyder certainly illustrates how shitty an owner can be without being in any real danger of the NFL doing anything about it. 

2 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Nick Caserio:

David Culley:

The Texans didn’t allow a single follow up question from the media. The OG and Landry Locker were ripping them to shreds after it was over. The question from Michelle, the season ticket holder pissed me off to no end. The Texans are an arrogant, out of touch organization not committed to winning. Fuck them. My focus is on Sark and Horns football going all gas no brakes. Need to switch over to listening to 104.9 the Horn on their app to get Longhorns talk.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Jshep34 said:

They think thier fan base is stupid. They honestly feel like they are smarter than everyone else. Ive said it countless times the mcnairs arent in the football winning buisness.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Well, most of their fans are aggy, so.....

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Trey3216 said:

And the largest aggy alumni base, and the second largest Baylor alumni base, and the largest...........

There was something to the aggy deal at one time....First fucking game for the franchise in history, Aaron Glenn comes running out of the tunnel doing a Horns down. And they always seemed to have a bunch of aggy spares on the roster, and of course Kubiak and that R2-D2 kicker who hung around way too long. Also that punter, Lechler, who was their best player sometimes. Ray Childress is or was a minority owner. 

I have this theory that Failson McNair felt slighted when he was a walk-on scout team tackling dummy here under Akers and so the whole org went full aggy because Akers wouldn't start him over Gene Chilton or Doug Dawson or something. 

It doesn't seem as pronounced now, for whatever reason. 

14 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

...even though Houston just hired a black HC to replace their black interim HC?). He also repeatedly has pushed for the Texans to get the #2 or 3 overall pick to take Fields as Watson’s replacement, while dismissing Zach Wilson completely. In the spiral of terrible moves, after losing Watson to take Fields would be a disaster and add a few more years to the rebuild IMO. Caserio as GM > ND Kalu as GM, so I guess we have that going for us. 

LOL as I type this he said he thinks another good plan would be to sign Jameis Winston and draft a WR in the top 3. Wow

Who is this supposed black head coach?

Culley's parents are Lebanese descent. That's NOT black. That's Semitic, just like Adam Schefter. Are people saying that Adam Schefter is black as well?

The Texans hired an Eastern Mediterranean Christian. (NOT black) 

I'm really wondering where in the fuck Schefter got this "black coach" bullshit. That midget is a moron. (Listed at 5'8", but is more like 5'4"... Schefter, not Culley.)

3 hours ago, Jshep34 said:

During press conference today culley referred to himself as a black nfl head coach

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

lol, that proves it.  the mcnairs were like "shit deshaun's pissed, better just hire a black guy doesn't matter who".  it's funny that in their brains it somehow made perfect sense and would be an easy repair for the relationship.  they seriously think it is that simple.

I don't think anything would work but a serious organized and sustained boycott of not just tickets and suites but also their advertisers. 

And I ain't boycotting HEB unless doing so would bring back the Oilers w/o McNair involvement. 

I wonder how much of this is Janice's doing. She is really the owner. Failson Calhoun is just the president or whatever. Maybe she could talk some sense into him or who knows, maybe she is the instigator of all this? Maybe she is moist for Cackalacky Rasputin.

Maybe they even "pray together." 

Easterby could easily rationialize that she is an 8.5 for being 84 years old. I think the real Rasputin didn't discriminate based on age so long as it was a princess or a czarina or whatever.

1193619859.jpg.0.jpg

I mean this all fucking weird but then again we might be seeing Tommy Tuberville arrested for attempting to overthrow the United States gov't so all bets are off all tables at this point. 

Edited by MaybeACoordinator
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Who is this supposed black head coach?

Culley's parents are Lebanese descent. That's NOT black. That's Semitic, just like Adam Schefter. Are people saying that Adam Schefter is black as well?

The Texans hired an Eastern Mediterranean Christian. (NOT black) 

I'm really wondering where in the fuck Schefter got this "black coach" bullshit. That midget is a moron. (Listed at 5'8", but is more like 5'4"... Schefter, not Culley.)

I've researched this some and while I thought it was true, apparently he is Black. I dug up an account of his dad -- Ulysses Grant Culley, Jr. -- playing as a lineman for a "colored" school in his hometown back in the late '40s. 

Now IDK where this Lebanese shit comes from.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

lol, that proves it.  the mcnairs were like "shit deshaun's pissed, better just hire a black guy doesn't matter who".  it's funny that in their brains it somehow made perfect sense and would be an easy repair for the relationship.  they seriously think it is that simple.

Also--and maybe I'm picking nits here-- I don't think it helps when your new GM refers to the franchise star and a generational talent by saying "we have zero interest in trading the player." Um, cool, I'm sure that dehumanizing language doesn't actually add any gas to the fire.......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I don't think anything would work but a serious organized and sustained boycott of not just tickets and suites but also their advertisers. 

And I ain't boycotting HEB unless doing so would bring back the Oilers w/o McNair involvement. 

I wonder how much of this is Janice's doing. She is really the owner. Failson Calhoun is just the president or whatever. Maybe she could talk some sense into him or who knows, maybe she is the instigator of all this? Maybe she is moist for Cackalacky Rasputin.

Maybe they even "pray together." 

Easterby could easily rationialize that she is an 8.5 for being 84 years old. I think the real Rasputin didn't discriminate based on age so long as it was a princess or a czarina or whatever.

1193619859.jpg.0.jpg

I mean this all fucking weird but then again we might be seeing Tommy Tuberville arrested for attempting to overthrow the United States gov't so all bets are off all tables at this point. 

Protesting outside McNair Interests would work. If you fuck with their money and the company they care about then Janice will do something about the Texans which the family seems as a game. Fuck with their money.

• Hook 'Em 1