2021 Houston Texans offseason thread

Macklemore

Not sure what he heard specifically but Boomer was on his radio show this morning with co-host Gio and said during SB week had heard quite a bit on what was going on with Easterby and the Texans and said essentially media people were saying it was scary bad.

Boomer said he’d been critical of Watson for signing the contract and wanting out. Said based on what he heard this week that Watson needed to GTFO and he now understands why Watson wants out. Repeated the phrase, “Get out.” Gio asked what Boomer had heard and Boomer would not elaborate further. Gio asked if it had to do with Easterby and Boomer acknowledged it did. Just said what he heard this week made him do a 180 on the whole Watson thing and he supported Watson for getting out and completely understood why. Said he could understand why Watson would want no part of this new culture. 

Sucks he wouldn’t say specifically what he heard. But other media types have also hinted that there is something way more wrong than the shit we have already been hearing and speculating about. 

John and Lance have been playing clips of Easterby’s standup act and he plays heavily to racial stereotypes and the “accent” and language/slang he uses based on the racial makeup of the audience. I don’t know if it fireable but it’s so damn cringy. This is all a joke. 

Also, the 3 long time employees (field and equipment manager types) they fired on Friday had staffs, most of whom worked for the Texans for 10+ years, and most/all of the staff is being let go this week. 

• Like 1

At this point , you have to be the most ignorant, blind and tone deaf fan to drop this organization a penny. All these die hard fans ( costume dressing freaks who do it for attention) will have nobody to blame but themselves. This "culture " heehaw and rev. Jack are creating will be the death of this nfl franchise.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

At this point , you have to be the most ignorant, blind and tone deaf fan to drop this organization a penny. All these die hard fans ( costume dressing freaks who do it for attention) will have nobody to blame but themselves. This "culture " heehaw and rev. Jack are creating will be the death of this nfl franchise.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

So you have to be a typical NFL fan.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Not sure what he heard specifically but Boomer was on his radio show this morning with co-host Gio and said during SB week had heard quite a bit on what was going on with Easterby and the Texans and said essentially media people were saying it was scary bad.

Boomer said he’d been critical of Watson for signing the contract and wanting out. Said based on what he heard this week that Watson needed to GTFO and he now understands why Watson wants out. Repeated the phrase, “Get out.” Gio asked what Boomer had heard and Boomer would not elaborate further. Gio asked if it had to do with Easterby and Boomer acknowledged it did. Just said what he heard this week made him do a 180 on the whole Watson thing and he supported Watson for getting out and completely understood why. Said he could understand why Watson would want no part of this new culture. 

Sucks he wouldn’t say specifically what he heard. But other media types have also hinted that there is something way more wrong than the shit we have already been hearing and speculating about. 

Nothing personal, but I hate shit like this.  The Texans through their own incompetence are an easy target for clowns like Boomer. He gives no specifics or clues just that he heard a bunch of stuff. Whatever happened to 'don't believe everything you hear?' If the guy can't back it up with solid information, maybe he shouldn't be gossiping like a teenage drama queen. I'm sure the DW to the Jets rumors played no part in his decision to share this juicy gossip.

And it's not just in this situation. But it seems like the media spends more time gossiping than discussing actual facts these days.

• Like 2

Nothing personal, but I hate shit like this.  The Texans through their own incompetence are an easy target for clowns like Boomer. He gives no specifics or clues just that he heard a bunch of stuff. Whatever happened to 'don't believe everything you hear?' If the guy can't back it up with solid information, maybe he shouldn't be gossiping like a teenage drama queen. I'm sure the DW to the Jets rumors played no part in his decision to share this juicy gossip.

And it's not just in this situation. But it seems like the media spends more time gossiping than discussing actual facts these days.

So no more Surly?
  • Haha 2

OK Boomer

Finally decided to look it up...Boomer Esiason. I’ve never listened to the show so I had no idea he even had one. I thought she was referencing some local guy with sources in the team. Since I work from home now, I rarely am in the car to listen to any sports talk. I’m really out of touch with who has a show and who doesn’t anymore.
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

We are hopefully near the point that the board removes Cal from control. They can fire Easterby. If they want to terminate Caserio by saying he was hired under false pretenses so be it. I hope this is an acceleration of “it has to get worse before it gets better.”

Fire whatever limp-dicked coach we hired, too. I'm so apathetic I'm struggling to come up with his name. 

42 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

We are hopefully near the point that the board removes Cal from control. They can fire Easterby. If they want to terminate Caserio by saying he was hired under false pretenses so be it. I hope this is an acceleration of “it has to get worse before it gets better.”

Through god all things are possible, but that shit ain't happening. 

• Haha 1

What board is there? Isn’t it janices team and she is letting her son play with it like a toy

I imagine there are some minor owners but unless they get to Janice nothing will happen.

From everything I have read it’s actually Janice’s team. And I’d bet good money Easterbunny is whispering sweet nothings in her ear. Seen it dozens of times on Young and the Restless.

The NFL should bar inherited ownership.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Updawg said:

What board is there? Isn’t it janices team and she is letting her son play with it like a toy

I imagine there are some minor owners but unless they get to Janice nothing will happen.

Janice is the majority owner. Per the radio guys, the Texans are managed by an executive board including Cal, Cal’s more business savvy and somewhat respected brother, and other minority owners. They appoint the chairman/CEO. The CEO has personnel authority over president, VPs, and GM. A new CEO could fire Easterby and do something about the president vacancy and however they want to handle Caserio. 

5 hours ago, Machinator said:

This is generally correct. I just talked to a friend who hangs with Rootes.  

Rootes was very close with Bob McNair. After Bob's death I think he was starting to look at other opportunities. His resignation is not directly tied to the current mess, but it was probably the final nail in the coffin. 

My grandparents have been invested in the Texans since the beginning (McNair and my granddad were friends). Minority owners are consulted in a benevolent dictatorship sort of way, but they have no say.  It is all the McNairs.  Janice is the owner and let's Cal run it.

This is how I picture Jamey Rootes right about now:

jack sparrow.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Janice is the majority owner. Per the radio guys, the Texans are managed by an executive board including Cal, Cal’s more business savvy and somewhat respected brother, and other minority owners. They appoint the chairman/CEO. The CEO has personnel authority over president, VPs, and GM. A new CEO could fire Easterby and do something about the president vacancy and however they want to handle Caserio. 

Caserio probably is ok to stay unless he voluntarily walks.  Gotta believe Easterby has to go...

57 minutes ago, Foosters said:

I've been passively following this franchise for 20 years. This is by far the most entertainment they've provided.

And at the end of the day, isn't that the point?

Yeah they created in me a new form of fandom. Or at least for me. My favorite team each week is whoever is playing the Texans, and what joys that has brought. So many late game comebacks and miracle finishes and for once, as a lifelong fan of Houston sports teams, I am on the winning side of them. Every Texans choke job is another clutch win for my team of the week. And now this jaw-dropping soap opera behind the scenes involving billionaire Evangelicals self-immolating in bright white fires of smug and stupid self-righteousness...Borderline erotic, man. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1