2021 Houston Texans offseason thread

Macklemore

My wife and I got on the season ticket waiting list in 2010 and our number finally came up last summer. We said pass and the sales kid asked if it was because of covids. We said no, it’s because Bill O’Brien is retarded and I’m not going to pay to watch that. They called back mid season trying to get us to buy single games or the last half-season tickets. I laughed and said that I misspoke in July, Cal McNair is also retarded and that I will reconsider in 2021. LOLNOPE. 

• Hook 'Em 2

In case anyone missed it, Deshaun led the league in passing, yards per attempt and yards per completion. 33 TDs to 7 INTs. On a 4-12 team.

suicide GIF

(Also with multiple practice squad receivers in the last 4 games)

Edited by ztejas

Where’d you see that? I thought the opposite based on his comments yesterday.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/john-mcclain/article/Deshaun-Watson-Texans-culture-change-new-regime-15845312.php
“We need a whole culture shift,” he said Monday on a Zoom conference call. “We need new energy. We need discipline. We need structure. We need a leader so we can follow that leader as players.”
“We’ve all got to be on the same page. There’s too many different minds, too many different ideas and too many people who think they have this power, and it’s not like that.”

There’s a dude out there who’s all into “alignment”....just sayin’
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ztejas said:

In case anyone missed it, Deshaun led the league in passing, yards per attempt and yards per completion. 33 TDs to 7 INTs. On a 4-12 team.

suicide GIF

(Also with multiple practice squad receivers in the last 4 games)

I usually hate when players do this but he should demand a trade, people would understand. It's beyond ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I usually hate when players do this but he should demand a trade, people would understand. It's beyond ridiculous.

Not to be hackneyed, but I don't think that's in his DNA. Especially after signing a mega extension. 

I'm sure his thoughts could change after another shittastic season.

The Texans are so fucked. And I am here for it. Don't blame Watson one bit.

Rumors already are circulating, and we’ve already heard them from multiple different people, that Watson has quietly broached with teammates the possibility of requesting a trade. If that’s happening, it may just be a strategic effort to ensure his views are respected by ownership. Regardless, it raises the stakes and crosses a bridge and potentially sets the foundation for Watson eventually to decide that he’d like to continue his career elsewhere.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/07/will-deshaun-watson-ask-for-a-trade/

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

The Texans are so fucked. And I am here for it. Don't blame Watson one bit.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/07/will-deshaun-watson-ask-for-a-trade/

I don't blame him. He's your star, the new face of your franchise and you give him a mega extension and when he says who he wants for head coach, you don't even interview the guy? 

• Like 1

I'm probably done if Deshaun leaves. I've been a fan for a decade now and won't feel like I owe any allegiance at all if they manage to fuck up landing a generational talent at the most important position on the field. I'm not from Houston. I don't live there. I'm not sitting through a fucking rebuild hoping that they can land someone like... Deshaun... to turn things around.

I'm sure lawsuits would be explored if Deshaun gets traded. If there's an example of gross negligence by an ownership group that would be it.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just read that report. I would be extremely happy for JJ and Watson to get traded to teams committed to win now and with the people in place for a long run success. That has been my problem with the Texans organization since 2004. They have never had a plan in place or developed to have the right people in place to win short or long term

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

I think this is all bullshit speculation.  Watson has zero leverage. He’s signed for 5 more years. And the team showed him plenty of respect with a $156mm contract. 

It's not speculation, he's unhappy. The only question is why the hell did he sign the extension while knowing he was with a clown franchise?

Just now, Brothahorn said:

Who actually has the final say? Cal or his momma?

I just cannot believe they are going to fuck this up again. Guess I will have to give up on NFL football again.

Fuck the Texans for not even interviewing Public Bieniemy. I hope Cal gets some heat for being a duplicitous asshole with that dog and pony show with the GM search. I hope he gets tagged with being a racist like his daddy.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

So they seriously didnt/havent interviewed Bienemy?? But yet give caldwell and lewis a interview. Cal (hee-haw) is really something special.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hopefully they are being respectful and will do so after the playoffs(sarcasm). If they don't interview Bienemy and Daboll before hiring another Patriot clown, then the McNair family needs to be run out of town. Dig Bob's cold ass up so he can go with them.

I guess the Caldwell and Lewis interviews were for the Rooney rule. That they brought Caldwell in for that just shows how chickenshit Patriots-West is.

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Hopefully they are being respectful and will do so after the playoffs(sarcasm). If they don't interview Bienemy and Daboll before hiring another Patriot clown, then the McNair family needs to be run out of town. Dig Bob's cold ass up so he can go with them.

I guess the Caldwell and Lewis interviews were for the Rooney rule. That they brought Caldwell in for that just shows how chickenshit Patriots-West is.

He worked for the Pats twice and under Crennell and Pioli in KC, so I'm sure he'll get a good long look. I kind of think he's going to end up being the pick personally.

1 hour ago, LarryMoeSurly said:

As long as Cal, or it seems any McNair, owns the team and is calling the shots, investing any of your time following the Texans is a waste.  Sad but true.  Houston deserves a competently led football team. 

That's been clear since the day Charlie Casserley was hired, see

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, IDIOTsavant said:

He worked for the Pats twice and under Crennell and Pioli in KC, so I'm sure he'll get a good long look. I kind of think he's going to end up being the pick personally.

Yeah, I know he has some Patriot stench on him, but his work in Buffalo speaks volumes. Bienemey is everyone's fave, but Daboll would not be a step back. And he coached under Saban, which aligns with Bama-west. 

Only knock is that he is Canadian. Tough to overcame that.

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

The Texans don't get the benefit of the doubt, but the word is that Bienemy hasn't interviewed well in the past. Still stupid not to interview him.

I think Daboll is the best candidate of the popular names. I also think that there's got to be a more efficient way of finding good candidates than the best coordinators in the league, but hell if I know of any alternatives.

I hope they don't hire Bieniemy. That's Andy Reid's offense with a superstar QB. 

I'm on the Daboll train. He's under a defensive HC and somehow turned Buffalo into one of the best offenses in the NFL. Also studied up under Belicheck and Saban before McDermott.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I think Daboll is the best candidate of the popular names. I also think that there's got to be a more efficient way of finding good candidates than the best coordinators in the league, but hell if I know of any alternatives.

OIP.K_gVnhdXpHfROP9ou7ABewHaFc?pid=Api&d

• Like 1

Not crazy about the GM hire, but then every writer who covers the Pats speaks really highly of the guy, unlike fuckstick Easterby. I can totally get on board with Daboll, if his creativity can transform Josh Allen imagine what he can do with a QB with a much more refined/developed skill set....

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Maybe they knew Bieniemy would turn hem down and didn’t want the (additional) ridicule? Just trying to make chicken shit out of chicken entrails. 

I think you still need to make him turn you down so your fan base at least knows you're trying to talk to the right people instead of fucking chickens out on the old Astrodome grounds like the last 19 years.