2021 Houston Texans offseason thread

Macklemore

3 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

This is actually a pretty good list. Maybe needs a tweak here and there but nothing major

He can fuck himself in the face for putting Nolan Ryan that low.

The Houston 34s are 1.2.3 100% of the time. Everyone else can fight for 4-10

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5

33 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

I get that its different situations different players different contracts but it is a real bad look for Watson to ask out and the Texans basically ignore him while JJ wants out and is immediately accommodated. This is a shitshow of a franchise owned by a moron and run by a dickhole.

Parting ways with J.J. Watt is an uncharacteristically wise football and business decision by the Texans. 

• Like 2

I get that its different situations different players different contracts but it is a real bad look for Watson to ask out and the Texans basically ignore him while JJ wants out and is immediately accommodated. This is a shitshow of a franchise owned by a moron and run by a dickhole.

Not even remotely the same situation and the only bad look about this is if you go looking for something that looks bad.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

No

I took this to mean nobody was offering even a low round pick for him. Most of the contenders are over the cap and could only sign him to a vet minimum free agent contract after he got cut; and the non-competitive teams didn’t want him and he wouldn’t have wanted them. The only option was to cut him and let him choose his next team. 

30 for 30: What if I told you an NFL franchise was run in to the ground by a modern day Rasputin.

It’s honestly pretty incredible. Like I’m not sure we all appreciate how crazy it is, that’ll only come after the fact. You start the movie with them up 24-0 over the future super bowl champs one year ago, with the context that they’ve won four division titles in five years and go from there. “What if I told you...”
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

They were going to cut JJ anyway. This is non news, except that JJ is gone.

No player in recent history, in any sport, has done for the city where they played than JJ Watt. He deserves the very best, and I hope he is recognized as a Texan when Canton comes calling.

Meanwhile, I refuse to give the Texans a nickel until the front office is purged, so probably boycotting them for the rest of time.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, APMP said:

No player in recent history, in any sport, has done for the city where they played than JJ Watt. He deserves the very best, and I hope he is recognized as a Texan when Canton comes calling.

Meanwhile, I refuse to give the Texans a nickel until the front office is purged, so probably boycotting them for the rest of time.

Larry Fitzgerald and Phoenix have a similar relationship.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 4:46 PM, Michael Knight said:

The only people who see this as a bad look are idiots who don't understand football. Like the idiots from Espin.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=30889114

The incompetence of the Texans is enough material to work with. No need to make up shit.

https://godtv.com/christian-mccaffrey-faith-in-god/#:~:text=Christian faith&text=8 overall pick out of,in God%2C” Christian wrote.

“When you see me take the field, know that I’m playing for more than just football. I have a strong faith in God,” Christian wrote. “I don’t think He’s looking down on me and hoping that I score touchdowns. Nah, He just wants to see that I did my absolute best on that particular day.”

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/article147317674.html

9) THE MISSION TRIP: McCaffrey is an avid Christian. He spent part of the summer of 2013 on a mission trip to Rwanda. Said McCaffrey of his usual TD celebration: "I beat my chest five times and I point up to God."

He's the perfect fit. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3