Dallas Cowboys 2021 Offseason Thread: Fuck It All

Vic Mackey

27 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Said Lee didn't go back to Penn St during his time there so he doesn't know him really. He had a personal relationship with some of the other former Penn St guys.

26 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

He acted dismissive about him. And celebrated Arrington, Short and Smith. 

those two statements don't reconcile.  

29 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Me thinks you're projecting a little bit or overly sensitive.  He just he didn't have a relationship with Lee but respects him tremendously. I'm not sure what you expect him to say when about Lee relative to former LBs he actually created a bond with.  

There is ZERO question that that is exactly what’s happening, so there’s no point in even responding to it. Nobody would come away from that interview with that opinion unless they were looking for a reason to have that opinion. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

we cut antwuan wood.

MAY 5: DOWN TO 90: The Cowboys released six players Wednesday to shave down to the 90-man roster limit: Antwaun Woods and Saivion Smith, as mentioned below, plus center Adam Redmond, defensive linemen Walter Palmore and Ladarius Hamilton and cornerback Kemon Hall 

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-cowboys-cut-90-release-6-antwaun-woods-nfl

11 minutes ago, DougO said:

How are the Broncos even appearing at all on that list, much less top 10? I'm pretty sure Teddy Bilgewater isn't the difference between shitty and Superbowl.

how good is their defense? teddy bridgewater is better than peyton was in his last year. 

3 hours ago, DougO said:

How are the Broncos even appearing at all on that list, much less top 10? I'm pretty sure Teddy Bilgewater isn't the difference between shitty and Superbowl.

Fecals.  Bilgewater.   

C'mon man  

That's shit is lamer than reading Futureman takes  

3 minutes ago, fellside said:

Kind of a dumb statement about a dude who clearly wants to win so badly that he neglects long term planning to focus on short term fixes.

No owner who admitted that he would have fired the GM if it was someone other than himself but doesn't really wants to win. No owner who employed Garrett as a head coach for a whole decade really wants to win. People who really want to win don't make the same mistakes for nearing 3 decades and thinking one day it will work.

And the NFL is not a long term sport. This is not MLB or NBA where it can take years upon years to build a winner. The turnover rate in the NFL coupled with how violent it is absolutely should be focused more on the short term than long term. And if we actually had a real GM, they could balance both of these.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Honestly think Cowboys have the best WRs in football. At least that will be fun. Only a couple other teams that have a case.

we do have great receivers. and a very solid running back. and a top tier OL when healthy. you’d think we’d have won more in the last five years. oh, that’s right, the quarterback. nevermind. 

21 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

So, 0-1 to start the year.

I don’t know. This is lining up for one of our classic “oh shit, we look really good” week 1s where they talk glowingly about us for 10 days, only for us to finish 8-9 or 9-8 (fuck it feels really weird to type a 17 game record)

It sucks for the Cowboys fans who live in Houston like me. Although with they way the old rules governing competing broadcasts against the home team at home are seemingly going the way of the Dodo bird maybe I'll get lucky and they'll actually have Cowboys games on against Texans home games.