Dallas Cowboys 2021 Offseason Thread: Fuck It All

Vic Mackey

On 7/3/2021 at 7:54 PM, youdunnf'dup said:

Looks about right to me. We have a fucking buffoon as a head coach.

E1D5FDD8-08D6-4622-B237-77D4F3A7B525.jpeg

The way that graphic presents the list makes me rage-y.  Why tf do you go down and then over to the next column? And who tf are some of these guys? Arthur smith? Sirianni? Culley?

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

“Damnit nother opportunity missed for the medjia to talk about the Cowboys since they sure won’t be talking bout us winning.”

-Jerry Jones

I saw Greg Hardy fought in the MMA the other day and had forgotten all about him. Another Jerry Jones special.

Amari Cooper trade worked out as good as could be expected but 1.5 years after we traded for him had to give him a 5 year / $100 million deal (60 million guaranteed) contract. 

Raiders used the pick on safety Johnathan Abram in 2019. Abram is making an average salary of $2.8 million over 4 years. 91 tackles and 2 INTs over his two year career.

Had to part with guys like Byron Jones due to salary cap issues.

5 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Amari Cooper trade worked out as good as could be expected but 1.5 years after we traded for him had to give him a 5 year / $100 million deal (60 million guaranteed) contract. 

Raiders used the pick on safety Johnathan Abram in 2019. Abram is making an average salary of $2.8 million over 4 years. 91 tackles and 2 INTs over his two year career.

*well

Terry Glenn doesnt get enough love for what a great career he had. Not a HOF level but a long, productive career on a guy that was fun to watch and had a distinctly smooth style of play. Fuck yeah Terry Glenn

Edit: Holy shit I didnt even realize he had died till I went to watch some highlights. RIP legend

Edited by cmontexas

18 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

LOL.  Johnathan Abram was rated the worst safety in the league last year and can't cover a fullback.  He's a pretty awful coverage player who will need to be managed and played as a box safety/nickel LB in certain sets.  The Raiders also drafted 3 safeties this draft.... because Abram can't cover anyone.  We easily won that trade and we didn't have to let Jones go, we decided Jaylon Smith was cheaper and better for our future.  Whoops.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Thought we picked Zeke over Byron Jones.

Jaylon Smith is even more vomit inducing. 

You could make that case as well, it's about budgeting into the future.  The Zeke pick and eventual capitulation to his contract demands were incredibly stupid and some GMs would probably pay with their jobs..... but we got Jerrah and his clown show.  I'll say, we may not have Amari more than one more season.  If we do, then it'll probably make it difficult to hang on to Gallup unless we can get him at a small discount or shorter term.   Hard to say, but tying up that much money at WR with Lamb's extension eventually coming in 3 years will make some strategic decisions necessary and you hard to anticipate if a team out there will overpay for Michael.  Our defense is still horrible and will be a multi-year rebuild.  We also could try and move on from Zeke after this year although after 2022 is probably more realistic.

On 7/18/2021 at 3:09 PM, longhornmatt said:

Jamaal was the best, but in fairness, Felix Jones actually was really good at the beginning before injuries.   Jerry has made worse Arkansas homer decisions.  Clint Stoerner as a starting NFL QB probably tops the list for me.

For the record, Jerry has owned the team for 32 years and in those 32 drafts has drafted one player from Arkansas (Felix).

And Stoerner was a practice squad player who only started 2 games because Quincy Carter and Anthony Wright were hurt.  Stoerner was not good at all and never played again after those two starts, however he was 1-1 as a starting QB on a 5-11 team.  Its not like him starting those 2 games was anything other than a desperation move on a terrible team.

We all know Jerry's flaws and failures.  Keeping his Arkansas homerism from the Cowboys is actually not a problem for him.

Edited by Don Johnson