Dallas Cowboys 2021 Offseason Thread: Fuck It All

Vic Mackey

4 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

There’s no way McCarthy gets fired in that scenario. We aren’t spoiled enough to fire a coach after he wins 13 games, and wins the division. That’s a big part of the reason Garrett lasted as long as he did IMO. We were ready to move on, then 2014 happened, and 2016 happened. 

Also, Jerry has said himself that it would take a lot to fire a coach midseason again. I would say Nagy is the best bet but he has fields as his Trump card. That might buy him and gase another year. I think the correct answer is kliff kingsbury if the cards get off to a bad start. This entire city hates him 

Jason should have been fired after 2013. 3 straight years of having the last game decide the NFC East and the lone playoff spot and we fail in every single one of them. And not just that, the amount of games blown due to inept coaching because he had no idea what he was doing. And if not 2013, then for sure 2015. The year this coaching staff did absolutely nothing to adjust to Romo being out. They literally ran the same offense designed for Romo with guys who had no business running that. Unlike Philly in 2017 who changed their offense to fit Foles. 

4 of the first 5 years of Jason were not good. 

Jason wasted so much talent here. I'm wondering how long he will last in NY.

15 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

LOL!  That's not a story, that's a phone call. 

Jerrah:  "Hey, what's up Fins.  Fins to the Left!  Fins to the Right!  Hahaha.  I love that song.  Anyway, we'd like to move up, we'd package our first and Jaylon Smith for the 6th pick in the draft!"

Chris Grier:  "He sucks.  Why would we want him?  Got anyone good?"

Jerrah:  "Well see, Chris, we think he's really good and with you guys getting younger, he'd make valuable addition to your team.  He's got the heart of a lion and the will of a quarter horse.  Maybe was a little down last season but we had a new scheme, see.... And, uh.  Chris?  Chris?  You there?"

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Cowboys always hold onto players way too long.

They declined his 5th year option also. This means they are not fully committed to him in the future. Why not be interested in a trade? Not only is he not that great as a LB, he is injury prone. Cut bait with him. But Dallas front office gonna Dallas front office. No real rhyme or reason.

The garbage they called a scheme last year and playing next to Smith hurt LVE. I still believe he is talented and could be an outstanding LB, but the injury frequency is a real problem. If they could get a decent return I would pull the trigger. 4-3 LBs are not that hard to replace, and they already drafted two this year that should be quality starters sooner than later to replace both LVE and Smith. I'm guessing the offers they may have are not that good. I wouldn't let LVE go without something that helps, but I would let Smith go for a case of jock straps.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Cowboys always hold onto players way too long.

the trade offers were probably pretty shitty I'm sure so put out the "not interested" sign.  Maybe holding out for some nice omaha steaks and a nice bottle of wine.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

lol I appreciate the optimism, but loathe that the team’s most recent sustained playoff success was in the fucking 90s

I am one of the more pessimistic cowboys fans you’ll ever meet. Anytime you see a post like this by me, it’s safe to assume it’s 100% sarcasm 

• Hook 'Em 1