Dallas Cowboys 2021 Offseason Thread: Fuck It All

Vic Mackey

8 hours ago, Hate said:

If you look at it, there were really only 9-10 seasons when the Cowboys truly sucked from 1960-until around 2000. 

Even in the 1-15 season, that one win was against the right team...

20 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Basically agreed with you here on his overall ranking. Disagree with you on Stafford. He should be higher, but who cares. I have thought for the last few years Dak is a borderline Top 10 guy. I expect big things from him this year and something like 11-6 or 12-5 and division title. If he progresses he can make it closer to Top 5, because Brady and Watson will fall, and at some point Wilson and Rodgers will too.  I also think one of Lamar or Allen will come back to Earth and suspect it will be Lamar. 

Depends on what you mean by back to earth. I feel like Lamar came back down to earth last year, but his legs will make him a borderline top tier qb until he loses athleticism. I’m always shocked by just how explosive he is.

I think Josh Allen is a fucking stud. Similar to Dak, he needed a top tier wr to truly unlock him and that’s exactly what Diggs did. I think he could have an MVP in his future to be honest. I think he has that kind of potential. 

On a different note, I couldn’t watch the HOF game, but the overwhelming opinion by everyone outside of this board is that GG played fine. They moved the ball when he was on the field, he didn’t have cooper, Gallup, or lamb, didn’t have the first team oline, and he moved the ball. I’m not going to sit here and pretend like I’m super confident in him, but I don’t think backup qb is as pressing of a need as some of y’all say it is. If foles is cut and he wants to come in at a discount, bring him in. Same with Bortles I guess. But other than that I’m good with squints

Edited by youdunnf'dup

On 8/8/2021 at 10:42 AM, youdunnf'dup said:

On a different note, I couldn’t watch the HOF game, but the overwhelming opinion by everyone outside of this board is that GG played fine. They moved the ball when he was on the field, he didn’t have cooper, Gallup, or lamb, didn’t have the first team oline, and he moved the ball. I’m not going to sit here and pretend like I’m super confident in him, but I don’t think backup qb is as pressing of a need as some of y’all say it is. If foles is cut and he wants to come in at a discount, bring him in. Same with Bortles I guess. But other than that I’m good with squints

YEah this.  He should probably be the backup, but his issues are the same as they've always been.  He'll be fine on the drive, but will hold the ball too long at the wrong time.  Perfectly fine as a backup.

18 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Didn't think Connor had it in him to take down Aaron Donald. Good for him...

Conner Stonewalled him on a couple of pass rush attempts.  Was very surprised.   And I don't think Donald is used to getting held up, probably a bit frustration from him.

• Hook 'Em 2

I hate jerryworld. I’d say we have one of the worst stadiums. 
It's very bland that's for sure. It's just big. With a goofy ass huge screen hanging down that you have to train your eyes not to look at in many levels of that stadium. Has no real personality on TV and especially not in person.

52 minutes ago, Tex48 said:

Do we have money to bring Brees or Rivers out of retirement?  I'm not up to date on our salary cap situation.  Hell how much money would it take to bring Andrew Luck back?  I'd love to watch him play again.  

No.

47 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

I’d like Aaron Rodgers to spurn the pack and come to Dallas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not happening.

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

I don't think it started bothering him until the first couple days of training camp.

Correct.  It's reportedly a weird place in its below his arm pit.  May just be tendinitis, but let the doctors do their work.

Can't ever really trust players with self-diagnosis, but this is what he's hoping for.

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Only the Cowboys would have a very common practice of getting a follow up MRI becomes national fucking news.  

Dak will be fine.  If this was the regular season he's playing.

Well I’d argue any QB worth $126mm guaranteed would be reported on similarly- especially when the team has no quality back up and all playoff hopes depend on his health. 

But sure, you always hear about all those “follow up MRIs” that happen with people who are totally fine. I’m sure it’s nothing 

8 hours ago, futureman said:

shut the fuck up drew. 

Even though I think this particular schtick is just funny, this time I actually agree. We don’t know how serious Dak’s shoulder injury is. I don’t even think the cowboys know. Any opinion on it right now is just ridiculous in my opinion