Dallas Cowboys 2021 Offseason Thread: Fuck It All

Vic Mackey

I hope the season is more entertaining than the first episode of Hard Knocks. That was horrible. 
I don't really watch Hard Knocks at all but we have HBO Max now and it's the Cowboys. I thought the Mojo thing McCarthy did and showing the Austin Powers clip was corny as fuck.
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Well I’d argue any QB worth $126mm guaranteed would be reported on similarly- especially when the team has no quality back up and all playoff hopes depend on his health. 

But sure, you always hear about all those “follow up MRIs” that happen with people who are totally fine. I’m sure it’s nothing 

You wouldn't hear about it with other teams. Just Dallas.  It's a fucking routine thing that even Pitchers go through(remember they are using the advice of Rangers/Yankees pitching staff).

We just get all riled up and think the end of the world because, of course it's the Cowboys and Dak.

18 hours ago, slorch said:

I'd fell better about it if Drew weren't so good about it...

That's fair.

4 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Even though I think this particular schtick is just funny, this time I actually agree. We don’t know how serious Dak’s shoulder injury is. I don’t even think the cowboys know. Any opinion on it right now is just ridiculous in my opinion 

I mean the shock jock media thinks it a big deal, so of course it is.

But the people in the know don't think it's anything but a routine follow up that most players have when recovering from a strain.  But you're right...we don't know shit.  And it still hasn't stopped people from overreacting and thinking he's done for the year or some shit.

1 hour ago, DanTheHorn said:

Watching the pregame show and the kool-aid flowing from these analyst would drown me 

It’s the Cowboys every year in preseason they think they are going to the Super Bowl and every years is like the aggie roller coaster….  This announcing team is TERRIBLE!  

Edited by Hook1997

16 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Two Longhorns quarterbacking tonight.  

How often does that happen in an NFL game (well, preseason).

Two "starting" Longhorn QB's starting.  Don't know if that's ever happened....these two guys who played against Bama in the 2009 Championship game are still going at it....where is Bama's starting QB, Greg McElroy, playing?  Oh....that's right, he was drafted in 7th round and played all of one game before hanging up his cleats.  Pussy.

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, kevwun said:

DiNucci needs to get cut.  He is not an NFL QB.  He is ridiculously inaccurate.

He should have been cut after that Eagles game last year. How can someone watch that game and think that guy has any chance to do anything? He makes Cooper Rush and Gilbert look like Brady and Montana.

Some good takeaways..... 

So two of the most controversial picks of the Cowboys draft have been extremely good in the first two preseason games, and training camp overall, from all reports.  Osa and Nashon have really shined early.  Hope they can keep it up,

Mukuamu has done well too.... Great to see.

Parsons and Cox look great early..... only one really struggling is Joseph, who was really bad last night.

How was Jaylon Smith not cut a couple months ago?
The bigger question is why was he given an extension with one year left on his rookie deal? Dude played one full season out of the 3 he was here. And we extended him like a bunch of morons. 2018 was a fluke. Or he got his payday and the effort went away.

And not one of em has played a down of NFL football…

That’s not a shot at your post, I just find it humorous how many times these draft grades don’t pan out.

After all of the analysis and whatever, it’s still a crapshoot to a certain degree.

Edited by slorch