Dallas Cowboys 2021 Offseason Thread: Fuck It All

Vic Mackey

10 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Eagles flaming out spectacularly will be blamed on Texas Football player development and not Eagles being an immature knucklehead. Clickty clickty clack. 

Can an undrafted free agent "flame out" at all, much less can they do so spectacularly?

On 8/17/2021 at 1:03 PM, Vic Mackey said:

Good morning to ya!!
58de04e7f5ecd1fcea23a266f71be3d1.jpg

I truly believe that is going to change this season. In fact, I guarantee it.

...because some other teams will add a playoff win.

Edited by DougO
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, DougO said:

McCaffrey has had so many injury problems I wouldn't bet against more of a time share when healthy. Chuba looked really good the other night.

Last year was the first time he's missed a game.

2 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Looks like someone in his agency or on the team wanted to give a different impression.  Pundit fight!

As I said when training camp began, Dallas has one of the worst, if not the worst, backup QB situations in the league and with a QB1 who's coming off a serious ankle and now with a shoulder injury, it's just terrible planning to have such a shit show behind Dak.  We need to be scouring the waiver wire after next weekend.

As I said when training camp began, Dallas has one of the worst, if not the worst, backup QB situations in the league and with a QB1 who's coming off a serious ankle and now with a shoulder injury, it's just terrible planning to have such a shit show behind Dak.  We need to be scouring the waiver wire after next weekend.

Also lost is how bad our OL depth is. With starters who always have shit wrong with them these days. I think this will prove to be much more detrimental because if Dak can stay out there, it will never rear it's ugly head. But there's absolutely no way all our starters on the OL stay healthy. So at some point, our depth is going to be exposed.

But back to the QBs. How on earth did this front office watch Cooper Rush and Dinucci get regular season game play last year and bring them back? Unacceptable. Both of them are garbage. Dinucci is the worst I've ever seen. And like you said, Dak is coming off a major injury. Shouldn't that be a high priority to find a suitable backup?

45 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Ben DiNucci still being on the roster and in the mix is the perfect example of why the Cowboys have been mediocre for 26 years.

There's not one QB on the street better than Ben fucking DiNucci?!?

Yes but he's part of the gang of friends. And if you can make friends with the coaching staff, or ownership you get to hang around as long as you want. 

19 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Is Connor going to play C long term? Because he fucking sucks at it. And I can't even fault him for that because he is not a center. I mentioned our OL depth being very weak but I have not been impressed with the first string so far. 

Connor at center is big red flag.  It’s going to be a very long season, again.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/21/2021 at 5:17 PM, Patrick Bateman said:

Looks like someone in his agency or on the team wanted to give a different impression.  Pundit fight!

They're both right. He's not 100% and won't be until he gets surgery, which he won't get until next offseason. So, they'll protect him the best they can while limping him through this season.

5 hours ago, Landomatic said:

They're both right. He's not 100% and won't be until he gets surgery, which he won't get until next offseason. So, they'll protect him the best they can while limping him through this season.

I have avoided this thread and am sure I've missed this discussion but surgery?  For a strain?