2021 transfer thread

Machinator

3 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Damn this board is so much better with Mach.

why is Rambo in the portal? he started all 9 games that he played.

Sometimes one can only take so much of looking at one coach with a belly tat and the other with a bag of dicks....

24 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Yes please.

I'm mildly surprised by his decision. His tremendous lack of self awareness was evidenced by his behavior in 2019. Now it appears again.

How does he think Rattler's going to win the Heisman next year? Someone's got to catch those TDs. OU is the surest bet to have a top flight passing offense next year. Why would a WR leave?

In 2020, he had 3 TD, and he dropped 5 TDs more. If anyone has access to Bill Connelly's 2020 data. I'd be interested in Rambo's catch rate. I could see it being < 60%.

Good long speed (not great), minimal YAC, inconsistent blocking and route running. Good luck to him.

I'm most surprised that UT would want him.

Edited by quigley

1 minute ago, quigley said:

I'm mildly surprised by his decision. His tremendous lack of self awareness was evidenced by his behavior in 2019. Now it appears again.

How does he think Rattler's going to win the Heisman next year? Someone's got to catch those TDs. OU is the surest bet to have a top flight passing offense next year. Why would a WR leave?

In 2020, he had 3 TD, and he dropped 5 TDs more. If anyone has access to Bill Connelly's 2020 data. I'd be interested in Rambo's catch rate. I could see it being < 60%.

Good long speed (not great), minimal YAC, inconsistent blocking and route running. Good luck to him.

Honestly, since I don't watch OU games unless I'm forced to or they're losing, I just remember him as a highly-rated recruit who's caught an annoying number of passes against us.

1 minute ago, quigley said:

so John Burt II?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, chad.ihrig said:

Trey Sermon effect? Leave the dirt burglars to go be a boss at Ohio State or Clemson or Bama.

Sermon was actually good. There was appropriate hand wringing about the 2020 RB room, partially because of Sermon's departure.

Rambo's production at OU wasn't near Sermon's. I hope Rambo finds a good fit for him. I'm guessing he's looking for a place where they don't mind if WR drop TDs.

9 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Honestly, since I don't watch OU games unless I'm forced to or they're losing, I just remember him as a highly-rated recruit who's caught an annoying number of passes against us.

In the last 2 years combined, Rambo had 5 catches for 39 yds vs Texas. PTSD is real.

Yawn emoji.

Edited by quigley
PTSD is real.
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Hah! Must have noticed every one of them because of the name.

9 minutes ago, Red Five said:

IT was hinting at this a few months ago, and Texas having a good shot. 

I'm genuinely perplexed. Would UT really have interest in him?

17 minutes ago, quigley said:

Are either of them any good, ie, what would their role be on a competent DL?

I think Williams is better than Pinckney, but both could be starters at a g5 or lower p5. They could be solid depth at a larger program. They're not going to be game planned around, but you'll be content with them spelling starters 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

IT was hinting at this a few months ago, and Texas having a good shot. 

On Rambo transfer, does the B12 still have a sit out 1yr rule in place on intra conference transfers that overrides the NCAA immediately available rule for first time transfers??

In the past it's been a problem in SEC

There is a very direct rule that says if you transfer from School A to School B in the SEC, you serve an academic year-of-residence (before said player is eligible to play). There are a set of NCAA oddity exceptions. Then in 2018 our membership created two more, one for grad transfers, and one for individuals on teams that face postseason bans. And people send in waivers, but one of the questions that should be asked is not what is the commissioner going to do. It’s why haven’t our members voted to change that rule?”

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2020/9/23/21452693/sec-football-transver-rule-waiver-greg-sankey-auburn-news-joey-gatewood

3 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Holy shit the portal thing is beyond crazy. I don't think most people thought it would be this fucking mad. I figured there would be a few transfers here and there but when you have starters entering the portal, it's a got damned free for all.

I mean - kids get a free transfer this year, right? Or do they still have to wait a season and it simply won't count towards eligibility? 

My point being - the transfers this year are probably exacerbated by circumstance.

Had to Google but I recalled correctly:

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/di-council-grants-waiver-allow-transfer-student-athletes-compete-immediately

A blanket waiver was given. So anyone transferring this season is immediately eligible without having to appeal for a waiver for a specific reason. 

i.e. this year will assuredly be much "crazier" than the norm.

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

On Rambo transfer, does the B12 still have a sit out 1yr rule in place on intra conference transfers that overrides the NCAA immediately available rule for first time transfers??

In the past it's been a problem in SEC

There is a very direct rule that says if you transfer from School A to School B in the SEC, you serve an academic year-of-residence (before said player is eligible to play). There are a set of NCAA oddity exceptions. Then in 2018 our membership created two more, one for grad transfers, and one for individuals on teams that face postseason bans. And people send in waivers, but one of the questions that should be asked is not what is the commissioner going to do. It’s why haven’t our members voted to change that rule?”

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2020/9/23/21452693/sec-football-transver-rule-waiver-greg-sankey-auburn-news-joey-gatewood

He's a grad transfer so he can TDs passes for UT in the Cotton Bowl in October.

Symmetry!