2021 transfer thread

Machinator

Be careful going into the portal cause there may not be a better place to go...

Last thing I remember
I was running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before

"Relax," said the night man
"We are programmed to receive
You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave"

Not sure how much sense he would have made at Texas. Obv not a done deal - did anyone ever answer LT's question about intra-conference transfers?

Screenshot_20210106-114342_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7c09e326e88207f62ea7d58d8708d9ae.jpg

More on Rambo - corroborates Mach's more recent comment - 

*** One name that's been asked about is Oklahoma wide receiver Charleston Rambo, a Cedar Hill, Texas native, who announced his transfer. While some are pegging him to SMU, I was told by a source that's a bit premature. SMU's still evaluating the former four-star prospect and how he'd fit into the program. UCF is also among the players here, but SMU's not gone full pedal down on Rambo just yet. He's been productive, but there's more to it than just that.

I feel like he has some character concerns. Even for SMU.

Edited by ztejas

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Not sure how much sense he would have made at Texas. Obv not a done deal - did anyone ever answer LT's question about intra-conference transfers?

Screenshot_20210106-114342_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7c09e326e88207f62ea7d58d8708d9ae.jpg

More on Rambo - corroborates Mach's more recent comment - 

*** One name that's been asked about is Oklahoma wide receiver Charleston Rambo, a Cedar Hill, Texas native, who announced his transfer. While some are pegging him to SMU, I was told by a source that's a bit premature. SMU's still evaluating the former four-star prospect and how he'd fit into the program. UCF is also among the players here, but SMU's not gone full pedal down on Rambo just yet. He's been productive, but there's more to it than just that.

I feel like he has some character concerns. Even for SMU.

Last year he was frustrated by not getting balls his way from Hurts. Body language on the field was obvious. The Hurts experience wasn't great, don't get me wrong, but no one not named CeeDee Lamb had anything to complain about last year.

Rambo is a floor raiser, not a difference maker in a good WR room. I think his numbers are inflated by playing in top flight offenses. I don't know anything about SMU, UCF WRs to know where he'd fit.

If he's going to be a prima donna, hard pass. Other than that, nothing public about character.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, quigley said:

I don't know anything about SMU, UCF WRs to know where he'd fit.

He'd probably be 4th at SMU until proven otherwise. Zero percent chance he is better than Roberson unless Reggie has a huge drop-off post injury. He'd be hard pressed to elevate himself over Gray or Rice but I suppose could possibly do so. You are correct in assessing him as a floor raiser.

He does have familiarity with Mordecai - so there's that.

Edited by ztejas

3 minutes ago, quigley said:

Rambo is a floor raiser, not a difference maker in a good WR room.

perfect summary. 

I have zero tolerance for that shitty body language bullshit and far too often Rambo seemed more concerned with letting people know he was unhappy about X with his pouty nonsense than he was with actually producing. 

The other issue that I see with Rambo is that it doesn't seem like he has good lateral mobility/explosion. If you can scheme him open and let him run, he can freaking go and kill you but he seemed like the least effective of the OU WRs on screens and shorter throws. He's a 4.28 shuttle guy so it might simply be that he hasn't improved much in that area and simply isn't a dynamic athlete as much as he is a fast guy in a straight line. 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, texifornia said:

We'll always have the awesome commitment video. And a lot of shirtless pictures. Not a lot of lateral movement, though.

I still to this day can’t figure out why he was ver rated so high. Having a 5 second 40 LB in the top 100 was ridiculous, but these are the kind of evals Vandy can look forward to now. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I still to this day can’t figure out why he was ver rated so high. Having a 5 second 40 LB in the top 100 was ridiculous, but these are the kind of evals Vandy can look forward to now. 

He was a thumper, put him in a phone booth in the 80s and people would be killing for him.