2021 transfer thread

Machinator

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Evergreen statement.

Hope y’all are keeping him well away from the actual student body.

If think he will eventually end up following the pathway of Omar Manning, Dwight Smith, and a few other Frog football players who quietly disappeared from the program.

247 has added rankings for the Transfer Portal Players...

Transfer Portal Latest + Big Moves Coming (Late Kick Cut)

Unveiling 247Sports' transfer rankings for the 2021 cycle

ByCHRIS HUMMER Feb 22, 8:59 AM

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/College-football-transfer-portal-top-transfers-best-players-Arik-Gilbert-Demarkcus-Bowman-Henry-TooToo-161283014/

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Yeah, that's true. I forgot about the few we got. Seems weird, but whatever. 

It doesn't appear to be a well thought out list. Mike Jones is a serviceable LB, but he's not the 6th best transfer. Bowman might end up proving to be the 2nd best, but I don't see how you rank him there with almost zero production in college. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

It doesn't appear to be a well thought out list. Mike Jones is a serviceable LB, but he's not the 6th best transfer. Bowman might end up proving to be the 2nd best, but I don't see how you rank him there with almost zero production in college. 

It's just another opportunity for Rivals to sniff their own rankings farts

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

247 has added rankings for the Transfer Portal Players...

Transfer Portal Latest + Big Moves Coming (Late Kick Cut)

Unveiling 247Sports' transfer rankings for the 2021 cycle

ByCHRIS HUMMER Feb 22, 8:59 AM

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/College-football-transfer-portal-top-transfers-best-players-Arik-Gilbert-Demarkcus-Bowman-Henry-TooToo-161283014/

Gunnell Effect is headed to Memphis. Who's he taking with him?

12 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

OU seemed to really want Dunn fwiw. Also 9.95ers have been really hyping him up but that’s probably worth even less. 

He did have a really good game against Wallace in 2019. Most of the hype surrounding him is because of that game. But he's long and has good speed.

19 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I think we're about to start The Spring Portal Season, which may be 50 - 80% of The Winter Portal Season.

Howard had impressive production at UCLA, tore an ACL (IIRC) almost as soon as he arrived at OU, and didn't do much last season. I could be that this is an injury that he's just now recovering from so someone may get a real talent.

2 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

I was thinking about Smith, too. I think Bowman will be a stud. Just kind of surprising they didn't list Thornton for us in the top 50. There's some really terrible evaluations with that list. And yeah, I agree since Bowman played like 2 games, so it's a stupid list, honestly. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 2/24/2021 at 12:27 PM, texifornia said:

I recall his being an "intriguing" TE prospect back in his days at Cuero. Seems the really tall guys seldom pan out as much more than potential red-zone targets, though. Shavers of course also comes to mind. 

On 2/24/2021 at 10:29 AM, Fud said:

So Rambo a few months ago, West last week, and Howard this week? Wasn't there also a rumor that Haselwood might look around too? 

This isn't new. On another thread, I outlined the remarkable number of WR transfers OU's had prior to this year. I would've been disappointed to see Rambo out their next year had he stayed. Howard's career likely depends on how his leg has rehabbed. West is a headscratcher. Haselwood opted out of the bowl game. If he left, that would definitely be disappointing.

Low numbers due to transfers out are definitely a chronic issue at OU.

12 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

OLB, according to 247

https://247sports.com/player/ben-davis-64419/

Here's his Bama profile. Didn't appear to get much traction over 5 years at Bama.

https://rolltide.com/sports/football/roster/ben-davis/6314

Haha, god damn he’s old. The other top guys in that glass are guys like Rashan Gary and Nick Bosa who’ve been in the NFL for several years now. 

18 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

OLB, according to 247

https://247sports.com/player/ben-davis-64419/

Here's his Bama profile. Didn't appear to get much traction over 5 years at Bama.

https://rolltide.com/sports/football/roster/ben-davis/6314

God damn Orlando and co. Fucked the OLB position so bad. That’s 2 rehab projects at the spot now.

I guess if you’re taking guys who couldn’t get on the field it’s best to do so from playoff teams, but doesn’t speak real highly of our coaches impressions of the rush ends on the roster currently. Hopefully Bo knows something here.

9 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Haha, god damn he’s old. The other top guys in that glass are guys like Rashan Gary and Nick Bosa who’ve been in the NFL for several years now. 

Three of our additions are from the 2016 class (Dunn, Davis, Thornton), which means they're sixth year guys. We're adding a couple of grown ass men. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, ChemicalHorn said:

God damn Orlando and co. Fucked the OLB position so bad. That’s 2 rehab projects at the spot now.

I guess if you’re taking guys who couldn’t get on the field it’s best to do so from playoff teams, but doesn’t speak real highly of our coaches impressions of the rush ends on the roster currently. Hopefully Bo knows something here.

The opportunity cost is very low at least. It's basically just the potential of a different grad transfer (or a scholarship year for a walk-on) and I think we still have a spot or two for that if something comes up. OL please. 

Five star ranking aside my expectations for Davis are lower than Thornton and the ND guy but like yall mentioned above worst case he's another grown up in the locker room and a guy who's been on championship teams. 

• Hook 'Em 4

15 minutes ago, ChemicalHorn said:

This is an incredibly down way to phrase it. Definitely a roster hole, but filling it with three guys, two of whom were on last year's Playoff rosters and two of whom were championship backups is a good fucking way to fix things.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 2