2021 transfer thread

Machinator

11 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

That seems like a good get for Michigan and a great spot for Bowman

Dude's been hurt a lot... hope he can stay healthy enough to finish a complete season...

Think he hurt ankle in 2020...  Also this quote from last year:  "Bowman's last two injuries turned into season-enders for the young quarterback. He suffered a collapsed lung as a true freshman against West Virginia in 2018, and broke his collarbone as a sophomore while playing Arizona for new head coach, Matt Wells."

Edited by LTtxfan

That seems like a good get for Michigan and a great spot for Bowman

Agreed. Would be nice to see Bowman expose some fOSU safety play if it looks anything like last year, which it should since Coombs gave away the secondary coaching for more focus on DC. Which, lol.
Bowman was scary his Freshman year. I thought he was going to be really good, but the injuries and the coaching change. Win-win transfer. Plus football is more fun when Harbaugh is relevant. Can never have enough khaki content.
  • Like 1

Agreed. Would be nice to see Bowman expose some fOSU safety play if it looks anything like last year, which it should since Coombs gave away the secondary coaching for more focus on DC. Which, lol. 
Bowman was scary his Freshman year. I thought he was going to be really good, but the injuries and the coaching change. Win-win transfer. Plus football is more fun when Harbaugh is relevant. Can never have enough khaki content.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

We are going to have decommits in the portal now, too?   Really?  

You know what, I’m starting to think I should not respect your decisions anymore.  From now on, if anyone already in the portal wants to decommit, they have to announce it with, “Please hold your nose and tolerate my decision with only moderate eye rolling and judgment.”

Maybe eventually we'll just have to wait and see which players feel like playing on any given Saturday. Maybe reevaluate during halftime - make sure everyone is still committed and comfortable with their position on the team. 

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Agreed. Would be nice to see Bowman expose some fOSU safety play some fOSU linebackers lined up on a Heisman winner if it looks anything like last year, which it should since Coombs gave away the secondary coaching for more focus on DC. Which, lol.
Bowman was scary his Freshman year. I thought he was going to be really good, but the injuries and the coaching change. Win-win transfer. Plus football is more fun when Harbaugh is relevant. Can never have enough khaki content.

FIFY. 

14 hours ago, Octavian said:

Man this would be sick but given the issues he’s had in the past I don’t know if he’s a take/if he’d get cleared.

I think he ends up disappointing some team, hopefully not the Horns. I don't know what was going on behind the scenes, but he's had huge issues on the field that should result in a hard pass for programs not named South Carolina. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

I think he ends up disappointing some team, hopefully not the Horns. I don't know what was going on behind the scenes, but he's had huge issues on the field that should result in a hard pass for programs not named South Carolina. 

TSRH. 

he’s had problems on and off the field and even as a one year rental his risk/reward ratio is not good. 

Way better for the team long term to get Crawford and Barron into the games and get them as much live game experience as possible. Pushing either of them back for a year to take the risk with Kendrick seems like a high bill to pay for his rental. 

Edited by golfclap
  • Hook 'Em 5

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

One of the featured guys on the third season of Last Chance U. Seemed like a good kid, but then got kicked out of UTenn for busting up his girlfriend's face with a glass jar candle.

So the math on this guy is clear:

Beatup girlfriend + utenn recruit = future OU player

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1