2021 transfer thread

Machinator

2 hours ago, golfclap said:

Keep Going GIF by MOODMAN

Seriously. I really hope Lincoln refuses to let him out. Easiest negative recruiting ever. 

20 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Worthy liked this tweet:

I never understood why he decided to enroll. It always seemed like he was out on Michigan once they didn’t let him enroll early. Plus, why the fuck would a receiver what to go play for Harbaugh? Their offense rivals Jimbo for WR success. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Roach on Worthy

Spoiler

— I mentioned this on the board earlier today, but it sounds like sources in Ann Arbor expect Michigan signee Xavier Worthy to ask out of his letter of intent or enter the transfer portal. The four-star receiver from California explored doing the same thing shortly after Steve Sarkisian was hired at Texas, and if he does explore his options, I expect Texas and Georgia to be heavily involved. One factor in Michigan landing Worthy was the presence of close friend Giles Jackson who is now gone having transferred to Washington. Despite not being an early enrollee, I was told that Worthy spent some time in Ann Arbor this spring and is somehow in the Michigan directory. Nothing can really happen until Worthy makes a move but there's been a lot of smoke surrounding him as of late.

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

Seriously. I really hope Lincoln refuses to let him out. Easiest negative recruiting ever. 

I never understood why he decided to enroll. It always seemed like he was out on Michigan once they didn’t let him enroll early. Plus, why the fuck would a receiver what to go play for Harbaugh? Their offense rivals Jimbo for WR success. 

Didn't Yurcich end up at Michigan?

Burton

While we’re on the topic of transfers, I am told that the Texas football program is hot on the trail of a transfer LB.

I was asked not to reveal the name at this time but the Horns are hopeful it happens. The staff apparently feels the team needs some additional experience and depth at the position given the departure of two-year starter Juwan Mitchell.

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I just went back and eyeballed worthy’s “verified” results. If this is real then holy shit this motherfucker would really plug a hole at WR:

Verified Results

• LONG JUMP

22-1 

FEET
  • 100 METERS

SECONDS
  • 200 METERS

SECONDS

I think he plugs a WR hole from the 2021 class more than helps on the field for this upcoming season. He appears to be more athlete than polished WR at this point, so I'm not sure how much he'd play over Dixon, Alexis, etc for this upcoming season 

6 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Either one of these? Saban couldn't make a spot for Henry

Screenshot_20210415-080818_Chrome.jpg

Gaoteote seems most likely based socials. He just followed Choate and Cole Moore, and liked a Langi tweet, so our Polynesian ties are already being put to use.

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Fud said:

I think he plugs a WR hole from the 2021 class more than helps on the field for this upcoming season. He appears to be more athlete than polished WR at this point, so I'm not sure how much he'd play over Dixon, Alexis, etc for this upcoming season 

I just meant roster hole. I assume he's RS. 

Super K makes this even more interesting.

Spoiler

As you know, Texas linebacker, Juwan Mitchell, recently re-entered the transfer portal. Additionally, DeMarvion Overshown underwent off-season surgery causing him to miss spring ball. Not ideal when you consider this is a new defensive scheme.

Word is Texas has been on the look out for transfer linebackers. I actually got word from a source that they have their eye on a particular linebacker down south who is not yet in the portal but has been considering it.

Also, we heard yesterday via a source that there is mutual interest between Texas and USC transfer linebacker and former five star, Palaie Gaoteote IV.

Per USC’s official site, Palaie’s playing career to date:

He has 105 tackles, including 7.5 for losses for 21 yards (with 2 sacks for minus 11 yards), in his career.  He has appeared in 20 games, with 14 starts, in his career.

The other prospect we heard who is considering entering the transfer portal will actually be in Austin later this month. I’ve heard that if he decides to enter the portal, UT will be an option he seriously considers.

• Hook 'Em 2

56 minutes ago, Lou_Sassle said:

bcf011d75f2f39acf22ebe0bfb9b21f7.jpg

The Henry guy is straight up looking to get paid. Hence UTenn signing him in the first place. Now his sorry ass wants the ol’double dip. So no thanks on the first option. 

25 minutes ago, Red Five said:

How well can the USC dude move at 6'2" 250? That seems pretty unlikely if we're looking for a Will LB.

Check out his film. If PK and Choate want this guy, we should all want this guy. 

• Hook 'Em 3

50 minutes ago, Red Five said:

How well can the USC dude move at 6'2" 250? That seems pretty unlikely if we're looking for a Will LB.

22 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The Henry guy is straight up looking to get paid. Hence UTenn signing him in the first place. Now his sorry ass wants the ol’double dip. So no thanks on the first option. 

Check out his film. If PK and Choate want this guy, we should all want this guy. 

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

Ok yeah, that dude could probably play the spot currently manned by Gbenda. 

That's what I'm thinking after watching his highlights as well. He has good instincts and seems like he'd be perfect for the middle. He just needs better tackling form and not leading with his crown. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

40 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Regarding the LB we're looking at not being in the portal yet. I think. 

image.thumb.png.179cd487217d6928fc94f7ef176e7f82.png

34 minutes ago, texifornia said:

It's the phrasing of the question I think. It makes it sound like Gaoteote isn't already somewhat in the boat so Gerry's thinking of him.

Yeah. Hasmith9 is just an illiterate fucking moron.