2021 transfer thread

Machinator

1 minute ago, Fud said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Young and Williams also portal'd from A&M since they aren't starting

Last time I saw Williams he looked more than happy to be where he was doing next to nothing but I guess I could see him deciding he wanted to play though I can't think of a regional G5 that would be interested other than Texas State, they just need ANY bodies at this point. 

Young is made of glass. 

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

Last time I saw Williams he looked more than happy to be where he was doing next to nothing but I guess I could see him deciding he wanted to play though I can't think of a regional G5 that would be interested other than Texas State, they just need ANY bodies at this point. 

Young is made of glass. 

Williams being ranked as a top 10 player in the country into his junior year is so funny. He reminds me a lot of Anthony Cook. Two guys who were way ahead of the pack in technique their sophomore years that were never going to have the athleticism to succeed at a high level in college, but stayed highly ranked just because they were 5 stars at one point with a ton of offers. 

5 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Young is made of glass. 

Who are their 3rd and 4th CBs? Also, I thought Young was the starting NB?

I'm interested to see how well their DL is able to dominate opposing OLs, because any time they cannot, ATM is going to be in deep shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I'm interested to see how well their DL is able to dominate opposing OLs, because any time they cannot, ATM is going to be in deep shit. 

I think Jaylon Jones is the starting nickel 

15 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

It's particularly bizarre when you realize these dudes chose not to play for a coach that 90% of this board fucking hated. A 17 year old took a bag of cash rather than subjecting himself to Tom Herman and his merry band of idiots? Fuck that guy!

Normally I'm with you. I just get irritated when they spend the entire cycle talking about the importance of the value of education in their decision. Otherwise, yeah, the game is the game. 

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I think it's Brian George and Elijah Blades (who opted out of 2020) - the JUCO duo. Beyond that I think Moten got injured, so Tyreek Chappel maybe? 

Just now, golfclap said:

I think it's Brian George and Elijah Blades (who opted out of 2020) - the JUCO duo. Beyond that I think Moten got injured, so Tyreek Chappel maybe? 

Maybe they'd bump Jones out to corner if/when one of those CBs goes down 

1 minute ago, Fud said:

Just now, golfclap said:

So let's make sure we're on the same page.

CB 1 - Myles Jones

CB 2 - Jaylon Jones?

CB 3 - Brian George

CB 4 - Elijah Blades

NB 1 - ? Morris? Young? Moten?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Fud said:

He was at CB again this spring, I think. I'm pretty sure Johnson and Young are fighting for both the nickel and/or stationary bike spots. Devin Morris is still there, right? 

Just now, closetojumping said:

CB 1 - Myles Jones

CB 2 - Jaylon Jones?

CB 3 - Brian George

CB 4 - Elijah Blades

NB 1 - ? Morris? Young? Moten?

This is right except NB1 - Johnson/Young

Moten out injured. Williams and Morris somewhere in the ether. Chappell coming in at CB, likely for when Blades gets injured again. 

Just now, golfclap said:

He was at CB again this spring, I think. I'm pretty sure Johnson and Young are fighting for both the nickel and/or stationary bike spots. Devin Morris is still there, right? 

I thought I'd remembered reading that Jones was the starting nickel and the two older guys were the outside corners, could be wrong though 

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

Maybe they'd bump Jones out to corner if/when one of those CBs goes down 

Have we seen anything out of Jones at this point to believe he still wouldn't be a liability at CB?  Because that was the common perception of him as a recruit, that he excelled when facing the ball but didn't have the best hips to turn and run at CB. I didn't watch almost any aTm games last season. And it's impossible to glean anything from their roster online since everyone is just listed as DB. 

1 minute ago, Fud said:

I thought I'd remembered reading that Jones was the starting nickel and the two older guys were the outside corners, could be wrong though 

you might be right. I was just going by what I saw from the few spring practice clips and that beating of a spring game.

some jumble of those 6 guys.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Have we seen anything out of Jones at this point to believe he still wouldn't be a liability at CB

He started all 10 last year and looked good, honestly. He's a better athlete than the other guys they've signed and he afforded himself pretty well. He still looks like a FS playing CB but he's a better football player than those other spares. They play facing the ball quite a bit so he's not out of his element and forced to turn and run. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, golfclap said:

you might be right. I was just going by what I saw from the few spring practice clips and that beating of a spring game.

some jumble of those 6 guys.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fwiw, Jones and both older outside guys were held out of the spring game, probably in an effort to make the passing game look better (news flash: it didn't help)

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I would agree with this if they played anyone besides Bama that was worth a shit. There’s a good chance they could go 11-1 next year without beating a single team in the top 40-50 of the FEI/S&P+. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

My instinct is that he can get fucked. Guess it took a year after he got to Auburn to figure out that maybe, just maybe it wasn't the best spot to be the Engineer or whatever the fuck it was he aspires to be, because he claimed to have legit academic interests...and then picked Auburn. Yes, I know his dad was the main culprit. 

That being said, he was pretty tight with Ja'Quinden Jackson, obviously. I wonder if Utah would be a destination. I know he had a specific fit in our last defense, less certain if he has an obvious fit in PK's scheme unless as Macklin said we would be flat out selling him at LB. 

Playing 6 games at a true Freshman and still choosing to portal out feels like something certainly went sideways in Auburn. 

Or dad is having him put his name in the portal for a second payday/retention bonus.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

I would agree with this if they played anyone besides Bama that was worth a shit. There’s a good chance they could go 11-1 next year without beating a single team in the top 40-50 of the FEI/S&P+. 

That was the point of my post. If they run into someone else that the DL can't dominate, it neutralizes things for them against other opponents. They'll have mediocrities at QB, OL, DB, and WR. They have a vanilla offense. A competent defense that can account for Wydermeyer and contain Spiller could yield an upset if the aggie DL is held to a stay.

• Hook 'Em 1

Regarding Thompson, we had Todd Orlando calling safety blitzes from Saudi Arabia while Fuckface was monitoring people’s pee color and flipping off the camera. It’s hard for me to hold a grudge for taking the cash and playing for a more competent defensive staff. I would absolutely inquire. 

Don't know how this became the A&M thread. In any case, Nahlin seems to think we have a legit shot at the Vanderbilt safety (Kaufman). There are a couple connections that could help us out here:

-Kaufman attended Archbishop Rummel High in New Orleans. Terry Joseph played high school ball (at Archbishop Shaw) under the guy who is currently the AD (and former coach) at Rummel.

-One of our defensive analysts, Cordae Hankton, is a Rummel High alumnus.

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Don't know how this became the A&M thread. In any case, Nahlin seems to think we have a legit shot at the Vanderbilt safety (Kaufman). There are a couple connections that could help us out here:

-Kaufman attended Archbishop Rummel High in New Orleans. Terry Joseph played high school ball (at Archbishop Shaw) under the guy who is currently the AD (and former coach) at Rummel.

-One of our defensive analysts, Cordae Hankton, is a Rummel High alumnus.

Where would he fit in the Aggies' 2-deep?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

(Gerry Hamilton) Shadrach Banks update

Spoiler

The recruitment of Shadrach Banks continues with Texas or TCU still expected to be where a decision comes from, as of today.

Multiple people very close to Banks are encouraging him not to rush a decision, but instead step foot on the campus of Texas and TCU and make sure of a decision as this is a decision that needs to be made in a sound fashion.

Banks has engaged in multiple communications with different members of the Texas staff (zoom calls and phone calls). That list includes Sark, Bo Davis, Jeff Banks and members of the defensive staff.

It’s likely Banks will make unofficial visits to Texas and TCU at the end of May/first of June ... and then make a decision.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Machinator said:

(Gerry Hamilton) Shadrach Banks update

Hide contents

The recruitment of Shadrach Banks continues with Texas or TCU still expected to be where a decision comes from, as of today.

Multiple people very close to Banks are encouraging him not to rush a decision, but instead step foot on the campus of Texas and TCU and make sure of a decision as this is a decision that needs to be made in a sound fashion.

Banks has engaged in multiple communications with different members of the Texas staff (zoom calls and phone calls). That list includes Sark, Bo Davis, Jeff Banks and members of the defensive staff.

It’s likely Banks will make unofficial visits to Texas and TCU at the end of May/first of June ... and then make a decision.

Done deal, add him to the calculator. 

Sorry to be late to this with a question that's likely obvious to y'all.

Is this the player who wants to play linebacker, and is that the position he'll compete for here?

Thanks. Y'all seem pretty happy to get him. I'll take that as a good sign. Looks like he wasn't at A&M long enought to be Aggyized.

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Is this the player who wants to play linebacker, and is that the position he'll compete for here?

Thanks. Y'all seem pretty happy to get him. I'll take that as a good sign. Looks like he wasn't at A&M long enought to be Aggyized.

Yes and Yes

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Banks? Yes.

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Regarding Thompson, we had Todd Orlando calling safety blitzes from Saudi Arabia while Fuckface was monitoring people’s pee color and flipping off the camera. It’s hard for me to hold a grudge for taking the cash and playing for a more competent defensive staff. I would absolutely inquire. 

Honestly seems like a smart move that we're going to see more and more of. Take the highest payday, hang around for a year, then portal out to a more desirable situation.

Rumor from an OU insider posting on IT: "...don't be surprised if he (Kevontre Bradford) hits the portal and heads to Norman soon (not first-hand info, but through the grapevine)"..... "Word is that Bradford is related to a certain defensive end from Duncanville..."

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

That was the point of my post. If they run into someone else that the DL can't dominate, it neutralizes things for them against other opponents. They'll have mediocrities at QB, OL, DB, and WR. They have a vanilla offense. A competent defense that can account for Wydermeyer and contain Spiller could yield an upset if the aggie DL is held to a stay.

Their offensive line should be really bad.

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

Rumor from an OU insider posting on IT: "...don't be surprised if he (Kevontre Bradford) hits the portal and heads to Norman soon (not first-hand info, but through the grapevine)"..... "Word is that Bradford is related to a certain defensive end from Duncanville..."

Along with Grey coming in, kind of solves their Murray running off half the locker room problem.

Just now, texifornia said:

Along with Grey coming in, kind of solves their Murray running off half the locker room problem.

Marcus Major was rumored to be a portal candidate when they brought gray in. Wonder if he'd leave if Bradford was added?

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Buffalo HC just left for Kansas.. why not transfer out while you can to a big named program for the visibility...

First team all MAC as well as all academic team as well.

Curious if he can play guard if they think Majors can be the longterm answer at C...

Love the idea of an OL, not sure if I would want an interior OL vs a swing tackle, but there is a solid chance he could come in and start over Majors, do it and let him develop more.