2021 transfer thread

Machinator

Yeah, it makes sense for Thompson to be the Banks contingency as long as he doesn't enroll thinking he's a db. I wonder if the new DC at Auburn telling Thompson that linebacker is his college future is why he's portaled in the first place. 

Relatedly, I'm not sure if it has been mentioned but that new DC is Derek Mason who was at Vandy so I guess is their in for Kaufman.

5 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

Buffalo HC just left for Kansas.. why not transfer out while you can to a big named program for the visibility...

First team all MAC as well as all academic team as well.

Curious if he can play guard if they think Majors can be the longterm answer at C...

Love the idea of an OL, not sure if I would want an interior OL vs a swing tackle, but there is a solid chance he could come in and start over Majors, do it and let him develop more.

Mike at night

Spoiler

— I've done some checking around on former Duncanville star Chris Thompson who entered the transfer portal today. After playing sparingly at Auburn, Thompson is looking for a new start. After speaking with several sources in Austin and near Thompson, it doesn't sound like Texas has tried to connect yet. We'll keep checking on that front, but I'd keep an eye on USC who has a use for the big safety and a pre-existing relationship between Thompson and Craig Naivar from his time at Texas.

— There isn't much new on the Shadrach Banks front. This still feels like a race between Texas and TCU as both programs continue to pursue the former North Shore athlete. I mentioned in the past that coaches would like for him to make a quick decision and enroll to get on the same page with whatever program he chooses. As of now, it sounds like Banks could wait to take some visits in the summer. We continue to wait.

— Texas still stands in a great position for USC transfer linebacker Palaie Gaoteote. Transfer timelines are always a little fuzzy since there's no hard deadline, but I believe Texas still wins this race. In fact, I'd look for something to happen in the next week to week and a half.

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Mike at night

Hide contents

— I've done some checking around on former Duncanville star Chris Thompson who entered the transfer portal today. After playing sparingly at Auburn, Thompson is looking for a new start. After speaking with several sources in Austin and near Thompson, it doesn't sound like Texas has tried to connect yet. We'll keep checking on that front, but I'd keep an eye on USC who has a use for the big safety and a pre-existing relationship between Thompson and Craig Naivar from his time at Texas.

— There isn't much new on the Shadrach Banks front. This still feels like a race between Texas and TCU as both programs continue to pursue the former North Shore athlete. I mentioned in the past that coaches would like for him to make a quick decision and enroll to get on the same page with whatever program he chooses. As of now, it sounds like Banks could wait to take some visits in the summer. We continue to wait.

— Texas still stands in a great position for USC transfer linebacker Palaie Gaoteote. Transfer timelines are always a little fuzzy since there's no hard deadline, but I believe Texas still wins this race. In fact, I'd look for something to happen in the next week to week and a half.

Well Gatorade must be moved in already then

• Haha 1

IT on the portal, including WR X

Spoiler

There’s been some consternation over the incongruence between defensive transfer additions and offensive. The portal isn’t a restaurant where you simply order off-menu. Let’s try and keep in mind the staff can only take what the portal gives them, and even then they’re battling other programs. Does anyone really think Texas didn’t want wide receiver Jameson Williams from Ohio State? He ended up selecting Alabama.

There haven’t been nearly as many quality options on offense as on defense, but the offensive-minded staff deserves the benefit of the doubt that they’re as proactive as possible. They would take the right receiver or offensive lineman, and probably another running back too. Hell, maybe even a one-year rental at tight end as well.

The wide receiver we’ve mentioned who was contemplating entering the portal has elected to stay at his current school. The instate product who currently plays out of the region saw enough this spring to stay put. The need at receiver probably isn’t as dire as some think, but the search will continue for one who can offer immediate help. There could be a mad rush in the weeks before the July 1st one-time transfer waiver.

Another point of consternation has been numbers. We don’t know what the real roster number is, but we’ve heard there is plenty of room for more transfers, especially ones who are needed. This should be obvious because they’re either taking redundant fits all over the front-seven or trying to. They wouldn’t do that if they felt it might hurt their chances of filling a more unique need down the road.

This doesn’t mean transfer players have endless timelines. It’s similar to recruiting in that regard. If the choice comes down to Shadrach Banks or Donovan Kaufman, Kaufman is probably of greater importance.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

Hide contents

There’s been some consternation over the incongruence between defensive transfer additions and offensive. The portal isn’t a restaurant where you simply order off-menu. Let’s try and keep in mind the staff can only take what the portal gives them, and even then they’re battling other programs. Does anyone really think Texas didn’t want wide receiver Jameson Williams from Ohio State? He ended up selecting Alabama.

There haven’t been nearly as many quality options on offense as on defense, but the offensive-minded staff deserves the benefit of the doubt that they’re as proactive as possible. They would take the right receiver or offensive lineman, and probably another running back too. Hell, maybe even a one-year rental at tight end as well.

The wide receiver we’ve mentioned who was contemplating entering the portal has elected to stay at his current school. The instate product who currently plays out of the region saw enough this spring to stay put. The need at receiver probably isn’t as dire as some think, but the search will continue for one who can offer immediate help. There could be a mad rush in the weeks before the July 1st one-time transfer waiver.

Another point of consternation has been numbers. We don’t know what the real roster number is, but we’ve heard there is plenty of room for more transfers, especially ones who are needed. This should be obvious because they’re either taking redundant fits all over the front-seven or trying to. They wouldn’t do that if they felt it might hurt their chances of filling a more unique need down the road.

This doesn’t mean transfer players have endless timelines. It’s similar to recruiting in that regard. If the choice comes down to Shadrach Banks or Donovan Kaufman, Kaufman is probably of greater importance.

tenor.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Reveal hidden contents

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, C'Mon Man said:

Yep you guys got me. I'ts Chip brown here posting from a burner account. Now that I'm doxxed, I'll go ahead and confirm that all of the rumors about me that have been thrown out here and on the shaggy board are true..

I'll go back into hiding and let @closetojumpingcontinue his reign as the only "insider" on this board. Sorry for stealing your big moment buddy. I know big moments don't come too often for guys at your stature

The level of butt hurt in this post absolutely confirms it as truth. Fuck you, Chip. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, C'Mon Man said:

Yep you guys got me. It's Chip brown here posting from a burner account. Now that I'm doxxed, I'll go ahead and confirm that all of the rumors about me that have been thrown out here and on the shaggy board are true..

I'll go back into hiding and let @closetojumpingcontinue his reign as the only "insider" on this board. Sorry for stealing your big moment buddy. I know big moments don't come too often for guys at your stature

Username checks out

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Stevie Ray said:

Aggy Chris Morris plans on leaving aggy.

https://247sports.com/Article/Texas-AM-Jimbo-Fisher-Chris-Morris-165071223/

Texas A&M head coach Jimbo Fisher announced today per reports that first year offensive lineman Chris Morris was presently not in school and was likely to transfer out of Aggieland. A source indicated to Gigem 247 last month that Morris would not be participating in spring football and Fisher confirmed that at a press conference near the start of spring ball.

"Chris is not out there with us right now," stated Fisher. "We'll see what happens at the end of the semester."

Morris was ranked as a four-star prospect and the 119th best player in the country in the 247 Sports Composite as an offensive guard in the Aggies' class of 2020. Although he was recruited to A&M as both a guard and tackle and he did not have the ideal height for tackle (at 6-foot-3.5), Morris's long arms suggested that he could easily play tackle at the next level and he saw time at the position in both high school and camps. In fact, Morris played in the All American Game just days before he arrived on the Aggies' campus in January of last year.

However, his status as an early enrollee belied his problematic past. Morris was interviewed by Fox 13's Robynn Coleman out of Memphis in a piece that was televised on January 10 and he noted "It was one point where I was like dead broke in shelters. Walking around with no shoes on."

“Some days you didn’t eat. Some days you had to go take something to eat,” shared Morris.

Morris rose above his circumstances with the help of Melvin Cole, a former Bowling Green football player who started a home schooling program. Cole began to emphasize education more after seeing low literacy rates in his athletes and it paid off for Morris who was able to graduate high school early. Morris also overcome the fact that while he played for Memphis (Tenn.) Freedom Prep as a junior, the school had almost all of its players transfer in the offseason. As a result, he had to attend school in West Memphis, Arkansas as a senior.

Nonetheless, Morris' problems continued after his arrival in Aggieland when he was picked up for evading arrest with a motor vehicle and reckless driving charges in late December. He did not practice with the team after that and prior to the Capital One Orange Bowl in early January (Morris also did not play in any games last season).

Morris's absence in spring ball and now going forward means that they are down to third year player Kenyon Green at left tackle along with third year man Blake Trainor at right tackle. Converted defensive tackle Derick Hunter was working at offensive tackle as well in the spring but missed time there due to injury. The Aggies did sign six offensive linemen in their 2021 recruiting class with one of them being Tennessee transfer Jahmir Johnson. Johnson started 17 games for the Volunteers over his three seasons in Knoxville and is anticipated to push for a starting gig once he arrives in College Statin over the summer.

Tennessee transfer Jahmir Johnson...started 17 games for the Volunteers over his three seasons in Knoxville and is anticipated to push for would have to become a paraplegic to not get a starting gig once he arrives in College Statin over the summer.

Fixed

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

dude is down to like 220 pounds or something and I don't think football or school are on the agenda :: 

DvEWyv31_400x400.jpgEavIrVsXsAIqKHr?format=jpg&name=large

And this guy committed to play football to lose weight and gain definition.  Unfortunately or fortunately, JS looks like he's losing muscle mass too.  

Edited by Mdhorn