2021 transfer thread

Machinator

IT

Spoiler

Alabama transfer running back Keilan Robinson isn’t in Austin at last check. It’s not really noteworthy but one of the first comments will be about him so we’ll mention there’s nothing to be concerned about.

Tulsa transfer cornerback Akayleb Evans is announcing his destination tonight at 7:00 p.m. It’s a hard recruitment to handicap but our best source was expecting Missouri. We’re not sure if Georgia‘s late run made a difference. We’d be surprised if he chose UT or Notre Dame. No matter, the Texas secondary should be….

Akay without him.

5 minutes ago, Machinator said:

IT

Hide contents

Alabama transfer running back Keilan Robinson isn’t in Austin at last check. It’s not really noteworthy but one of the first comments will be about him so we’ll mention there’s nothing to be concerned about.

Tulsa transfer cornerback Akayleb Evans is announcing his destination tonight at 7:00 p.m. It’s a hard recruitment to handicap but our best source was expecting Missouri. We’re not sure if Georgia‘s late run made a difference. We’d be surprised if he chose UT or Notre Dame. No matter, the Texas secondary should be….

Akay without him.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

On 6/3/2021 at 2:57 PM, RGBIII said:

For sure. Just saying if a guy like Bradford can go to OU and that depth chart, no reason why we can’t upgrade a top heavy position

There is someone enrolled at OU named Kevontre Bradford. I can't find an official announcement.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Evans to Mizzou.  That's a nice CB duo with him and Rakestraw.  Definately good enough to lock down the aggy WR's they'll be matched up against.

Why bother to lock down the WRs when they won't throw them the ball anyhow?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

(From OU 247.)

Oklahoma offensive tackle Stacey Wilkins will enter NCAA transfer portal

Parker Thune

Spoiler

Parker Thune

Oklahoma redshirt freshman offensive lineman Stacey Wilkins has entered the NCAA transfer portal, as indicated in a social media post from Wilkins on Friday evening.

"To my teammates, I will forever be thankful for the brotherhood and bond that was created on and off the field as well as in the locker room," read his statement in part. "I will forever bleed crimson and cream regardless of where God takes me. With that being said I will be entering my name in the transfer portal with 4 years of eligibility remaining."

Wilkins, a native of Camden, Ark., opted out of the 2020 season after exercising a redshirt in 2019. He played in four games that year, garnering garbage-time snaps at tackle. A hulking presence at 6-foot-6 and over 300 pounds, Wilkins was one of several talented linemen waiting in the wings at Oklahoma, and may have had a clear path to playing time come 2022.

A former four-star recruit, Wilkins came to Oklahoma in the class of 2019 as the nation's No. 15 offensive tackle and No. 168 overall player, per the 247Sports Composite. His midseason decision to opt out of the 2020 season came as something of a surprise, especially since he'd been the subject of plenty of praise from Bill Bedenbaugh. Heading into the campaign, the Sooners' offensive line coach pinpointed Wilkins as a noticeably improved performer amongst his group.

“He’s a natural left tackle, and he’s had three really good practices," said Bedenbaugh of Wilkins last August. “He’s really starting to mentally focus. He’s starting to work on things outside of here... I feel really good about him, the way he’s developing, if he continues to improve.”

Nevertheless, in mid-October, Wilkins was removed from Oklahoma's online roster, and it was later confirmed that he'd chosen not to play the remainder of the season. Heading into the 2021 campaign, many expected Wilkins to back up Wanya Morris at the left tackle position. The Sooners added Morris, a former five-star recruit, from Tennessee via the transfer portal in January. Redshirt freshman Anton Harrison appeared to have the early edge to start at right tackle, though veteran Erik Swenson may still have a thing or two to say in fall camp.

It's unclear what the next step is for Wilkins; as a high school prospect, Arkansas, LSU and Alabama all factored heavily into his recruitment.

3 hours ago, Getafix said:

(From OU 247.)

Parker Thune

Hide contents

Parker Thune

Oklahoma redshirt freshman offensive lineman Stacey Wilkins has entered the NCAA transfer portal, as indicated in a social media post from Wilkins on Friday evening.

"To my teammates, I will forever be thankful for the brotherhood and bond that was created on and off the field as well as in the locker room," read his statement in part. "I will forever bleed crimson and cream regardless of where God takes me. With that being said I will be entering my name in the transfer portal with 4 years of eligibility remaining."

Wilkins, a native of Camden, Ark., opted out of the 2020 season after exercising a redshirt in 2019. He played in four games that year, garnering garbage-time snaps at tackle. A hulking presence at 6-foot-6 and over 300 pounds, Wilkins was one of several talented linemen waiting in the wings at Oklahoma, and may have had a clear path to playing time come 2022.

A former four-star recruit, Wilkins came to Oklahoma in the class of 2019 as the nation's No. 15 offensive tackle and No. 168 overall player, per the 247Sports Composite. His midseason decision to opt out of the 2020 season came as something of a surprise, especially since he'd been the subject of plenty of praise from Bill Bedenbaugh. Heading into the campaign, the Sooners' offensive line coach pinpointed Wilkins as a noticeably improved performer amongst his group.

“He’s a natural left tackle, and he’s had three really good practices," said Bedenbaugh of Wilkins last August. “He’s really starting to mentally focus. He’s starting to work on things outside of here... I feel really good about him, the way he’s developing, if he continues to improve.”

Nevertheless, in mid-October, Wilkins was removed from Oklahoma's online roster, and it was later confirmed that he'd chosen not to play the remainder of the season. Heading into the 2021 campaign, many expected Wilkins to back up Wanya Morris at the left tackle position. The Sooners added Morris, a former five-star recruit, from Tennessee via the transfer portal in January. Redshirt freshman Anton Harrison appeared to have the early edge to start at right tackle, though veteran Erik Swenson may still have a thing or two to say in fall camp.

It's unclear what the next step is for Wilkins; as a high school prospect, Arkansas, LSU and Alabama all factored heavily into his recruitment.

Any chance we make another run at him?

7 minutes ago, Creasy Bear said:

Any chance we make another run at him?

We haven't shown much interest in transfer OL beyond a couple of the absolutely elite guys (Morris, Novitski), so... probably not? But it's not guaranteed. 

Edited by texifornia

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

McCaffrey brothers are butt hurt.

One kid is on his third school (Rice) and the other has risen up to North Colorado (to play for his dad).

Dad was very good. Christian is excellent. The other brothers suck ass... and they are bitter about it.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, texifornia said:

frost.png.4913a24f7a0c532606e9a22d2c2d19a0.png

Wait just a gotdamn minute. Did he just compare Nebraska and Alabama as transfer destinations?!? Like nobody was going to notice he just casually tossed Nebraska out as a place that a football player with higher aspirations than their current situation might want to go?

Edited by Hornlover
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, texifornia said:

This is the kind of brave, distinguished leadership I expect from a man who hid in a closet like the pussy he is while Lawrence Phillips drug a woman up and down a flight of stairs repeatedly by her hair. Scott Frost is a piece of fucking shit. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This is the kind of brave, distinguished leadership I expect from a man who hid in a closet like the pussy he is while Lawrence Phillips drug a woman up and down a flight of stairs repeatedly by her hair. Scott Frost is a piece of fucking shit. 

oh.. that was a legit story? not a rumor?

1 minute ago, Thiefery said:

oh.. that was a legit story? not a rumor?

Hahahahaha. What? That shit happened. There are news stories on it that you can google. Scott Frost is a full blown piece of shit in every possible way. He's always been a bitch. He's also always been a bitch that Nebraska has celebrated.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Hahahahaha. What? That shit happened. There are news stories on it that you can google. Scott Frost is a full blown piece of shit in every possible way. He's always been a bitch. He's also always been a bitch that Nebraska has celebrated.

damn, i remember it being discussed in the Phillips doc, but I thought it was a rumor..  yeah, fuck them both.  Great to see a corn great run the program into the the ground.

15 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

In his defense Lawrence Phillips was fucking crazy. And, he probably had a gun. Phillips may not have committed suicide, though:

https://thelab.bleacherreport.com/the-final-fateful-days-of-lawrence-phillips/

29 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

damn, i remember it being discussed in the Phillips doc, but I thought it was a rumor..  yeah, fuck them both.  Great to see a corn great run the program into the the ground.

That program's dick was already in the dirt before he got there. So amend your statement to "a limp-dicked corn 'great' who is failing miserably at resurrecting the program."

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Bevo said:

In his defense Lawrence Phillips was fucking crazy. And, he probably had a gun. Phillips may not have committed suicide, though:

https://thelab.bleacherreport.com/the-final-fateful-days-of-lawrence-phillips/

Yeah. He probably should have heeded piece of shit Tom Osborne's repeated advice to NOT fuck the same girl Lawrence Phillips was fucking for that very reason instead of calling Osborne from a closet like a bitch begging for help. 

• Hook 'Em 1