2021 transfer thread

Machinator

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah. He probably should have heeded piece of shit Tom Osborne's repeated advice to NOT fuck the same girl Lawrence Phillips was fucking for that very reason instead of calling Osborne from a closet like a bitch begging for help. 

Googled it and came up with this version from the Daily Nebraskan -

He was also involved in a nationally covered incident with former teammate and star running back Lawrence Phillips when Phillips was accused of assaulting his former girlfriend. According to a The Daily Nebraskan report from 1995, Frost became involved in the assault when Phillips dragged former girlfriend Kate McEwen down a flight of stairs.

Frost intervened and helped pull Phillips off of McEwen and engaged in a physical fight with Phillips. A witness to the fight said Frost repeated, “What about football?” during his interaction with Phillips.

http://www.dailynebraskan.com/sports/scott-frost-comes-home/article_ab4b7088-0f6c-11e8-823a-9f8fe9fff253.html

5 minutes ago, Junior Bonner said:

He was also involved in a nationally covered incident with former teammate and star running back Lawrence Phillips when Phillips was accused of assaulting his former girlfriend. According to a The Daily Nebraskan report from 1995, Frost became involved in the assault when Phillips dragged former girlfriend Kate McEwen down a flight of stairs.

Frost intervened and helped pull Phillips off of McEwen and engaged in a physical fight with Phillips. A witness to the fight said Frost repeated, “What about football?” during his interaction with Phillips.

http://www.dailynebraskan.com/sports/scott-frost-comes-home/article_ab4b7088-0f6c-11e8-823a-9f8fe9fff253.html

Oh, the daily nebraskan? It's good for all of us to know that "engage in a physical fight with phillips" is the same thing as "desperately held the closet door closed while Phillips attempted to yank it open."

• Haha 3

The only world in which Scott Frost jumped in and physically fought Lawrence fucking Phillips, stopping him from beating the fuck out of his girlfriend again, exists only in a Penthouse Forum type Big Red Dream Journal. Where Dr. Tom Osborne is also a saint and not a giant pile of human shit. 

25 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

"desperately held the closet door closed while Phillips attempted to yank it open."

This is now absolute fact. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

Speaking of, he's officially official

HaHaHaHa... of course blOU will take this RB

Bradford, who goes by “Tre,” does come with some recent controversial baggage, however. He was arrested in December for an alleged shoplifting incident at a Baton Rouge Walmart store. He was processed and booked at a Baton Rouge Detention Center and released on a misdemeanor summons, according to the Baton Rouge Advocate.

https://stormininnorman.com/2021/06/18/oklahoma-football-sooner-pick-up-rb-transfer-from-lsu/

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

The Phillips talk caused me to fall down a rabbit hole in his wikipedia, what a fucking lunatic. I was pretty young during his time at Neb and didn't remember most of the details. Aaron Hernandez may have caught more bodies but Phillips really stacked up some heinous domestic violence numbers. 

Seeing that Bradford was arrested in December for shoplifting was pretty quaint really.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

HaHaHaHa... of course blOU will take this RB

Bradford, who goes by “Tre,” does come with some recent controversial baggage, however. He was arrested in December for an alleged shoplifting incident at a Baton Rouge Walmart store. He was processed and booked at a Baton Rouge Detention Center and released on a misdemeanor summons, according to the Baton Rouge Advocate.

https://stormininnorman.com/2021/06/18/oklahoma-football-sooner-pick-up-rb-transfer-from-lsu/

That's not baggage for OU.

They're just glad they don't have to cover for him shattering a girl's face with his fist. They'd do it, but they would rather not be hassled.

• Hook 'Em 4

10 hours ago, Bevo said:

In his defense Lawrence Phillips was fucking crazy. And, he probably had a gun. Phillips may not have committed suicide, though:

https://thelab.bleacherreport.com/the-final-fateful-days-of-lawrence-phillips/

Looks like someone did the world a favor. The guy is a grade A piece of trash (was/will always be)

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Junior Bonner said:

i still remember the 20/20 ( or a show like it) segment on it. the picture of the bank of mailboxes he bashed her head into is still burned into my soul. the doors were bent in. the frame in between was not. tried to find the pic. kinda glad i didnt. really didnt want to renew that in my head. 

fucker lived too long.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

The Phillips talk caused me to fall down a rabbit hole in his wikipedia, what a fucking lunatic. I was pretty young during his time at Neb and didn't remember most of the details. Aaron Hernandez may have caught more bodies but Phillips really stacked up some heinous domestic violence numbers. 

Seeing that Bradford was arrested in December for shoplifting was pretty quaint really.

Since we are talking Nebraska, this article can't be shared enough:

https://vault.si.com/vault/1995/09/25/coach-and-jury-nebraska-players-charged-with-crimes-have-a-steadfast-ally-in-the-man-who-runs-the-program-tom-osborne

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Bevo said:

Arizona State is going to have some guys worth poaching. They have some highly regarded young receivers and linebackers.

ASU players better jump in the portal quickly... 2021 deadline to enter portal and have immediate eligibility is July 1st.

• Hook 'Em 2

21 hours ago, Junior Bonner said:

On Monday, Osborne said, "It's not as though Lawrence is an
angry young man all the time and a threat to society. But there
are occasions every four to five months where he becomes a
little explosive." Osborne added that Phillips might return in a
month--in time for the Oct. 28 game at Colorado, the most
daunting on the Husker schedule--if "medical people say some
significant changes have taken place."

How any decent person could admire Osborne is beyond comprehension.

What a POS.

• Hook 'Em 2

43 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

On Monday, Osborne said, "It's not as though Lawrence is an
angry young man all the time and a threat to society. But there
are occasions every four to five months where he becomes a
little explosive." Osborne added that Phillips might return in a
month--in time for the Oct. 28 game at Colorado, the most
daunting on the Husker schedule--if "medical people say some
significant changes have taken place."

How any decent person could admire Osborne is beyond comprehension.

What a POS.

And yet people in the 'Urban Meyer Or Bust' thread went full regard over an equally POS coach that never even coached at Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Fud said:

I bet this leads to an outgoing OU RB transfer 

Maybe, but who'd leave?

These are the only scholarship RB:
Henderson -- HB/RB flex
Major
Brooks - likely NFL
Gray - new, likely NFL
Bradford - new

Depth is a possible concern at RB this year. This is why OU's likely taking 3 RB in 2021 class.

Just now, quigley said:

Maybe, but who'd leave?

These are the only scholarship RB:
Henderson -- HB/RB flex
Major
Brooks - likely NFL
Gray - new, likely NFL
Bradford - new

Depth is a possible concern at RB this year. This is why OU's likely taking 3 RB in 2021 class.

Major, he was rumored to potentially be a portal after Gray was added 

22 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Oh, the daily nebraskan? It's good for all of us to know that "engage in a physical fight with phillips" is the same thing as "desperately held the closet door closed while Phillips attempted to yank it open."

22 hours ago, golfclap said:

The only world in which Scott Frost jumped in and physically fought Lawrence fucking Phillips, stopping him from beating the fuck out of his girlfriend again, exists only in a Penthouse Forum type Big Red Dream Journal. Where Dr. Tom Osborne is also a saint and not a giant pile of human shit. 

This is now absolute fact. 

spacer.png

Frost to the rescue.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

And yet people in the 'Urban Meyer Or Bust' thread went full regard over an equally POS coach that never even coached at Texas.

Urban meyer is a dirty POS, but he’s not even in the same galaxy as Tom Osborne. And I say that as a guy who hates urban Meyer. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Lolwut. Beyond what's on this current page, are you interested in college football as a sport like at all?

Urban Meyer’s list of indiscretions is endless. Tom Osborne had Lawrence Phillips. Just curious what else was going on with Osborne outside of Phillips.

1 hour ago, Hornlover said:

Perhaps we should rank the legendary POS coaches

Osborne, Paterno, Meyer, Schembechler, Hayes. Maybe toss Bobby Petrino on the list? 

Just assuming you had a brief aneurysm and thus thought you had already typed Switzer. 

• Hook 'Em 2

17 hours ago, Fud said:

Major, he was rumored to potentially be a portal after Gray was added 

If Major leaves because of depth chart concerns now, it would be a poor decision. OU's had to have FB play RB because of injuries in consecutive years, so depth has been an issue for a while. Furthermore, as I showed, Major, if he doesn't get carries this year, may still ascend because OU may lose Brooks and Gray to the league next year. Also, Major is one of only 2 "big" back for OU this year so he's a scarce resource in this regard. Not saying Major will stay, just saying there are rational reasons for him to stay.

4 hours ago, quigley said:

If Major leaves because of depth chart concerns now, it would be a poor decision. OU's had to have FB play RB because of injuries in consecutive years, so depth has been an issue for a while. Furthermore, as I showed, Major, if he doesn't get carries this year, may still ascend because OU may lose Brooks and Gray to the league next year. Also, Major is one of only 2 "big" back for OU this year so he's a scarce resource in this regard. Not saying Major will stay, just saying there are rational reasons for him to stay.

Lincoln promising playing time “next year” has no credibility. He will find someone in the transfer portal faster than you can say belly tat. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Ravishing Rick said:

Lincoln promising playing time “next year” has no credibility. He will find someone in the transfer portal faster than you can say belly tat. 

Who said anything about "promises"?

Why invoke the portal even?

They're trying to bring in 3 backs in 2022 (Sawchuk, Barnes, Brown would be ideal), but none of them are very big and having a big back to block and short yardage is valuable.

Edited by quigley

20 minutes ago, quigley said:

Who said anything about "promises"?

Why invoke the portal even?

They're trying to bring in 3 backs in 2022 (Sawchuk, Barnes, Brown would be ideal), but none of them are very big and having a big back to block and short yardage is valuable.

Oh, I beg your pardon.  Let me re-phrase for you.  Any OU player "hoping to ascend" on the depth chart due to players leaving for the league might want to consider Lincoln's transfer portal actions the last few years.  He will find another player to jump you faster than you can say dry brisket.

9 hours ago, ztejas said:

Just assuming you had a brief aneurysm and thus thought you had already typed Switzer. 

11 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

No Art Briles? He's likely ahead of Petrino on that list. 

Yeah, I had Big Ten on the brain. Jackie Sherrill also belongs with Switzer and Briles.

9 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

In that case, might as well add Stoops...and Riley too.

Different galaxies, my friend.

spacer.png

Automatic weapons fire from the roof of the athletic dorm. Drug ring. 

Barry was/is an oddly amiable crook somewhat shaped by a hard scrabble youth in Arkansas. To wit:

The former University of Oklahoma and Dallas Cowboys football coach grew up in poverty in rural southern Arkansas. Switzer’s father, Frank, was a charismatic “rogue,” as Switzer says, who made his living by bootlegging and spent time in prison. His mother, Mary, was isolated in their shotgun shack, enduring her husband’s drinking and wild life, and turning to pills and alcohol. She took her own life.

It's not just about cheating to get recruits. It's acceptance of criminality among your team.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Different galaxies, my friend.

spacer.png

Automatic weapons fire from the roof of the athletic dorm. Drug ring. 

Barry was/is an oddly amiable crook somewhat shaped by a hard scrabble youth in Arkansas. To wit:

It's not just about cheating to get recruits. It's acceptance of criminality among your team.

I actually own a paperback of Bootlegger’s Boy. Found it in a used bookstore in Bellevue, WA about a decade ago. 

In any event, growing up in poverty is no excuse for committing or enabling felonies. 

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I actually own a paperback of Bootlegger’s Boy. Found it in a used bookstore in Bellevue, WA about a decade ago. 

In any event, growing up in poverty is no excuse for committing or enabling felonies. 

Agree, thus "somewhat shaped." 

3 hours ago, Ravishing Rick said:

Oh, I beg your pardon.  Let me re-phrase for you.  Any OU player "hoping to ascend" on the depth chart due to players leaving for the league might want to consider Lincoln's transfer portal actions the last few years.  He will find another player to jump you faster than you can say dry brisket.

Nik Bonitto may disagree with you

5 hours ago, Redneck Mutha said:

^^^Last pic obviously staged, no smoke/flames coming from couch.

Last photo was from the quaint neighborhood of German Village where the girl I visited lives. (She’s an tOSU alum.)

Though it was likely out there for bulk pickup, I told her that I had to get a photo of the couch because it reinforced the stereotype that I, and Surly, have of tOSU fans.

😁

The only fire 🔥 that she lit while I was visiting was on her gas grill to cook this:

DA259076-390B-4C87-A3AD-0DB9FB9D564A.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Last photo was from the quaint neighborhood of German Village where the girl I visited lives. (She’s an tOSU alum.)

Though it was likely out there for bulk pickup, I told her that I had to get a photo of the couch because it reinforced the stereotype that I, and Surly, have of tOSU fans.

😁

The only fire 🔥 that she lit while I was visiting was on her gas grill to cook this:

DA259076-390B-4C87-A3AD-0DB9FB9D564A.jpeg

Image of These aren't the pics we're looking for.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Image of These aren't the pics we're looking for.

Let me find a photo from when we were dating 10 years ago. She wouldn't let me take any photos this time (and I think that I was semi-punished for ending it so coldly down in Buenos Aires and didn't get what I thought I was going to when I booked my flight. (Most of my photos from 2008-2017 were lost when all of my computers & backup drives were stolen in a smash & grab out of a rental car in Oakland in April of 2017.)

Found some. From around the time we were dating 10 years ago. (She's older & a little chunkier now.)

It's pretty easy to tell which one she is in photos with others.

Spoiler

She is  NOT the bride.

71631_171085156234838_6315617_n.jpg.c8ae0e2a1a55501092e5e8962afd35ce.jpg

220431_193328474043930_6803561_o.thumb.jpg.6a42342a9f8780ff21184e0cdf33779a.jpg

With her BA roommate at the time.

228488_10150184269601417_5533090_n.jpg.382137dc6ce1878e14958911bd919730.jpg

At a wine tasting in the cellar where I attended many tastings, took some first dates, and got an incomplete hand job by a girl whose description sounds hotter than she was and who I have absolutely no photos of and who I have to look through messages just to remember her first name. But OSU girl is below on the left. Don't know who the girl in blue is.

201728_10150169306402343_5424431_o.thumb.jpg.614722176da3c04aa3cff4565e28df52.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2