2021 transfer thread

Machinator

35 minutes ago, ztejas said:

We're not talking about you running out of room or oversigning we're talking about you having to potentially grab a bunch of shitty walk-ons because you wind up with too few scholarship upperclassmen to have the depth you need to not get ass-raped by programs with a national pulse.

I'm sorry you all are under the impression you know how to manage a roster more so than Riley. I'll defer to this boards wealth of knowledge and experience on the matter of managing that.   Oklahoma has won plenty of OOC games vs ranked programs while your program walks around with its pecker in hand.

• Fuck You 43

5 minutes ago, quigley said:

Did my math come close to theirs? Here's what I get for net number per year:

2017: 24
2018: 23
2019: 29 --> this is the one year I can't account for.
2020: 24
2021: 11 so far.

OU averages ~ 9 - 10 EE per year so I think they can take up to 3-4 more transfers this year. I bet they're going after high impact players (Gray, Gilbert, Bryant) and then will still have 1-2 in their pocket for later for late transfers/JUCOs.

You're close to right. 

• Fuck You 23

5 minutes ago, quigley said:

Did my math come close to theirs? Here's what I get for net number per year:

2017: 24
2018: 23
2019: 29 --> this is the one year I can't account for.
2020: 24
2021: 11 so far.

OU averages ~ 9 - 10 EE per year so I think they can take up to 3-4 more transfers this year. I bet they're going after high impact players (Gray, Gilbert, Bryant) and then will still have 1-2 in their pocket for later for late transfers/JUCOs.

I think OU has five spots left, and four if they take Gray

4 minutes ago, OklahomaSam said:

I'm sorry you all are under the impression you know how to manage a roster more so than Riley. I'll defer to this boards wealth of knowledge and experience on the matter of managing that.   Oklahoma has won plenty of OOC games vs ranked programs while your program walks around with its pecker in hand.

You had an ok start but there's the message board kiss of death that is "Trust the Coaches," and boring trash talk besides.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, OklahomaSam said:

I mean things could be worse, OU could be on its third coach in a decade. 

True and yet even with us wandering in the desert for 11 years, we’ve still won a national title more recently than you as well as even playing for one. That’s how many times you bitches have faceplanted on the national stage.

So congrats on being a good regional team, twelve toe.

Oh and waaaah, snowflake.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, OklahomaSam said:

Baker Mayfield, ladies and gentlemen!

1 hour ago, OklahomaSam said:

I thought we were having a well-reasoned and informative discussion about how OU has implemented certain signing practices, how the math works out, and whether it might be a cause for concern going forward for them. I must have missed the part where any of us claimed to know more than Riley or claim that OU doesn't win at all.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Scholz said:

True and yet even with us wandering in the desert for 11 years, we’ve still won a national title more recently than you as well as even playing for one. That’s how many times you bitches have faceplanted on the national stage.

So congrats on being a good regional team, twelve toe.

Oh and waaaah, snowflake.

You go around negging post but then call others "snowflake" (btw, you missed a couple).

There is an ignore function.

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, quigley said:

You go around negging post but then call others "snowflake" (btw, you missed a couple).

There is an ignore function.

And you pretend to be an objective poster interested in discussion while liking the flamer's posts in a girly passive aggressive fashion.  Go fuck yourself, $ooner.  

Edited by Scholz
  • Hook 'Em 2

TFB

Spoiler

As linebacker transfers go, Tennessee transfer Henry To’o To’o is the most coveted.

The initial thinking was that he would inevitably end up at either Alabama, where he already knows the scheme or closer to home at USC.

However, that didn’t stop Sark and Texas from recruiting him. They’ve been in regular communication with To’o To’o.

Per a source close to To’o To’o, Henry is considering USC and Alabama along with Ohio State and…Texas.

I don’t yet know what kind of shot Texas has but I’m told by my source that when asked, Henry offered those four schools unprompted as the programs he is entertaining.

• Hook 'Em 5

TFB on To'o To'o

Spoiler

As linebacker transfers go, Tennessee transfer Henry To’o To’o is the most coveted.

The initial thinking was that he would inevitably end up at either Alabama, where he already knows the scheme or closer to home at USC.

However, that didn’t stop Sark and Texas from recruiting him. They’ve been in regular communication with To’o To’o.

Per a source close to To’o To’o, Henry is considering USC and Alabama along with Ohio State and…Texas.

I don’t yet know what kind of shot Texas has but I’m told by my source that when asked, Henry offered those four schools unprompted as the programs he is entertaining.

RGB'd...

Edited by SimkinsMan

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

TFB

Reveal hidden contents

USC's LB coach is named Vic So'oto. There's no way they don't win this one 

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

USC's LB coach is named Vic So'oto. There's no way they don't win this one 

While I agree that it seems almost certain that he'll wind up at USC, it's absurd to me that a guy leaving a dumpster fire at a place like UTenn will be willing to run into the burning house that is USC. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

While I agree that it seems almost certain that he'll wind up at USC, it's absurd to me that a guy leaving a dumpster fire at a place like UTenn will be willing to run into the burning house that is USC. 

You can’t seriously tell me you would pass up the opportunity to be developed by one of the premier defensive minds in all of football.

Ne6H1PD7_400x400.0.jpg 

6 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

You can’t seriously tell me you would pass up the opportunity to be developed by one of the premier defensive minds in all of football.

Ne6H1PD7_400x400.0.jpg 

Too big. Do not want               on my screen.

1 minute ago, Fud said:

Off topic, but the extent of Scott Frost's failure at Nebraska is shocking to me 

Is it really, though?

There are plenty of examples of G5 coaches moving to big programs and failing.

Doing so at a place like Nebraska, that thinks they should be on par with Alabama, Florida, Texas, Michigan, etc. but instead are a forgotten regional power with little to no modern identity, or recruiting base, or success, or geographical draw, is about what anybody should have expected.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Same. I thought "better than Pelini" was a layup for him. Just crazy. Warner was a team captain for chrissake.

Right. I didn't think they'd transform back into a national power but I thought for sure he'd get them to some respectable 8-5, 9-4 type seasons. That seems like a pipe dream at this point.

35 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Ne6H1PD7_400x400.0.jpg 

But that mind was all kinds of offensive with that haircut.  

14 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

That account also says that Ricks purged his social media of all LSU stuff. Don’t expect that account to know anything though, not many followers. 

Friend who went to tOSU sent me this:

image.thumb.png.368eb269d46b430cb729fc0a450e45d6.png

Not sure their optimism is well placed given they seem to think they will get any five star potential transfer, but seems like there are definite legs to Ricks/Raymond leaving.

18 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Friend who went to tOSU sent me this:

image.thumb.png.368eb269d46b430cb729fc0a450e45d6.png

Not sure their optimism is well placed given they seem to think they will get any five star potential transfer, but seems like there are definite legs to Ricks/Raymond leaving.

he probably goes back home and plays his last CFB season there,no?  He already has a ring

12 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Well I can't say I like SC much, and it's good for UT if they have a terrible year, and Keaontay probably badmouthed UT to recruits, and now that I'm saying all that I hope he has a terrible year.

I don’t know, he seems to still be on good terms with Drayton and B. Harris. Plus his brother is still on the team. Would be weird if he was trashing a place his brother was still at. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Well I can't say I like SC much, and it's good for UT if they have a terrible year, and Keaontay probably badmouthed UT to recruits, and now that I'm saying all that I hope he has a terrible year.

Fuck SC for sure but do we have any real evidence that he was badmouthing UT or was a locker room cancer? He strikes me as a bit of a headcase that is prone to self destruction but not a guy that was actively poisoning the well. Kelvontay still seems bought in still while supporting his brother's decision. 

I'm neutral on him, he disappointed based on his potential and the blame can be shared by him and the coaching/training staff. Moving on seems like the right move for all parties, if he manages to get his head and body right and make the league no hard feelings. 

Edited by UncleSonny