2021 transfer thread

Machinator

2 hours ago, quigley said:

Talk about Cluster B disorders...

Your world is very black and white.

I envy your ability to know the character of people almost certainly don't know well and, better yet, predict their future. If only I'd had you as a mentor when I flunked out of school to tell me what my future held.

I have to tell you, your constant obliviousness leading to regular instances of irony is pretty good entertainment. You just simultaneously cast aspersions at me for judging people I don’t know while ... judging me, someone you don’t know. Good stuff. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I have to tell you, your constant obliviousness leading to regular instances of irony is pretty good entertainment. You just simultaneously cast aspersions at me for judging people I don’t know while ... judging me, someone you don’t know. Good stuff. 

You're seeing yourself, and it embarrasses you. Good! People tolerate you because you provide interesting information. Good!

Your avatar doesn't have to be "I'm an asshole." It could be "I'm knowledgeable and charitable." You could even leave the same picture, btw, and just change the way you interact. No one would mind.

I'm done being your mirror. Flame away!

Edited by quigley
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, quigley said:

You're seeing yourself, and it embarrasses you. Good! People tolerate you because you provide interesting information. Good!

Your avatar doesn't have to be "I'm an asshole." It could be "I'm knowledgeable and charitable." You could even leave the same picture, btw, and just change the way you interact. No one would mind.

I'm done being your mirror. Flame away!

I’m trying to figure out who gives a shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/11/2021 at 6:36 PM, quigley said:

In your ignorance you appear both stupid and callous. I hope it is a shtick because this time it's disgusting, not funny. 

Seizure disorders themselve can cause mood lability and difficulty learning. Anti-epileptic meds also can have neurologic and psychiatric side effects, sometimes debilitating. The anxiety of not having control of your mind and body is just as terrible as it sounds, and it appears this guy has this anxiety. Repeated impact to the head, like in football, would not be recommended even if his seizure disorder was controlled. The fact that it isn't controlled eliminates his potential participation.

Feel fortunate you don't have first hand knowledge of epilepsy. Keep your ignorance to yourself.

Yeah I’ve had 4 seizures in the last 3 years. My mom has epilepsy. Luckily I haven’t been diagnosed with epilepsy, mine is apparently an insomnia/lack of sleep issue. Shits no joke and I can’t fucking stand it 

On 2/3/2021 at 6:26 AM, quigley said:

I'm surprised to see this level of vitriol from the UT fanbase. While he was well-liked by his coaches and teammates, his mistakes on the field were plentiful and painful. Outside of one play in the playoff game versus LSU, he wasn't a dirty player (he apologized for that one after the game).

There were many instances of Bookie making a good play on 2nd down, and then celebrating and talking trash to the point that he and is teammates weren't ready for the next play. The distraction would result in him getting burned on 3rd down.

If there were a player similar to him on a rival team, someone who could be relied upon to commit errors at critical times, I'd hope that he played for them forever.

Bookie to Washington

On 3/16/2021 at 4:56 PM, Red Five said:

They REALLY didn’t like our OLB situation.

Shit, who can blame them? I'm not an especially huge fan of our ILB situation either. 

Anyway, he looks reasonably fast on his Senior HUDL, plays some ILB, and PJ Fleck once called him "an absolute stud." Might be a solid addition if they can get him in. 

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/7926974/5dc8aa7123476b10a0395363

Roach on transfer targets

Spoiler

— The Longhorns have been active in the NCAA transfer portal under Steve Sarkisian grabbing graduate transfer Ray Thornton from LSU and a commitment from Notre Dame edge rusher Ovie Oghoufo. Texas has also been in the picture for former five-star Alabama linebacker Ben Davis. Sources near Davis continue to be bullish on the prospects of him ending up at Texas this summer to compete for playing time. While no commitment has been made yet by Davis, sources in Austin remain confident about him ending up a Longhorn as well.

— Add the name of Jordan Anthony to the transfer radar for the Longhorns as well. A former four-star recruit from Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy, Anthony picked Michigan out of high school over offers from Oklahoma, Clemson, Georgia, LSU and Ohio State. While he was heralded coming out of high school, he never found his place in college. After redshirting his freshman year, Anthony played in seven games and recorded 3 tackles. In 2019, Anthony played in nine games and recorded 11 tackles. Anthony entered the transfer portal last summer and sat out the year. He’s a graduate who could enroll with two. Years of eligibility remaining. It could be that Anthony is being evaluated as a secondary option if things with Davis don’t work out, but the Longhorns have been in contact lately.

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

Roach on transfer targets

Hide contents

— The Longhorns have been active in the NCAA transfer portal under Steve Sarkisian grabbing graduate transfer Ray Thornton from LSU and a commitment from Notre Dame edge rusher Ovie Oghoufo. Texas has also been in the picture for former five-star Alabama linebacker Ben Davis. Sources near Davis continue to be bullish on the prospects of him ending up at Texas this summer to compete for playing time. While no commitment has been made yet by Davis, sources in Austin remain confident about him ending up a Longhorn as well.

— Add the name of Jordan Anthony to the transfer radar for the Longhorns as well. A former four-star recruit from Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy, Anthony picked Michigan out of high school over offers from Oklahoma, Clemson, Georgia, LSU and Ohio State. While he was heralded coming out of high school, he never found his place in college. After redshirting his freshman year, Anthony played in seven games and recorded 3 tackles. In 2019, Anthony played in nine games and recorded 11 tackles. Anthony entered the transfer portal last summer and sat out the year. He’s a graduate who could enroll with two. Years of eligibility remaining. It could be that Anthony is being evaluated as a secondary option if things with Davis don’t work out, but the Longhorns have been in contact lately.

This staff hates our LB room so much. Choate and PK must be cursing Orlando’s name every time they look at a depth chart. 

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Dude's had quite the winding road

Wow, seems like a hundred years ago that he was part of Charlie's signing day flurry. With the COVID year not counting we're going to see a fair number of 6th year players (maybe 7th in some cases) playing on cfb teams. Gonna have some BYU age players out there.

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Nah, he was part of that DL class Strong put together in like two weeks that proceeded to completely fall apart once they actually got to Texas.

How many total transfers did those six guys have? 

35 minutes ago, Fud said:
3 hours ago, texifornia said:

Nah, he was part of that DL class Strong put together in like two weeks that proceeded to completely fall apart once they actually got to Texas.

How many total transfers did those six guys have? 

Not sure I can remember all of them, but maybe every single one of them ended up transferring?

Chris Daniels - obviously gone

Jordan Elliot - transferred

Marcel Southal - not sure he even made it through the first summer

De'Andre Christmas - Did he graduate before transferring? In any event, he never contributed anything.

Gerald Wilbon - Played here and there for a few years before transferring

Some other DLish guys from that class:

Erick Fowler - OLB - obviously didn't even make it through the year

Andrew Fitzgerald - DE - Broke pretty much every bone in his body and (maybe) had drug issues?

Only DL guy who actually made it and contributed anything from that class: Malcolm Roach.

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Not sure I can remember all of them, but maybe every single one of them ended up transferring?

Chris Daniels - obviously gone

Jordan Elliot - transferred

Marcel Southal - not sure he even made it through the first summer

De'Andre Christmas - Did he graduate before transferring? In any event, he never contributed anything.

Gerald Wilbon - Played here and there for a few years before transferring

Some other DLish guys from that class:

Erick Fowler - OLB - obviously didn't even make it through the year

Andrew Fitzgerald - DE - Broke pretty much every bone in his body and (maybe) had drug issues?

Only DL guy who actually made it and contributed anything from that class: Malcolm Roach.

Wilbon and Christmas graduated before transferring.

Edited by Schulz2.0

2 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Was he suspected of getting a bag to go to Florida? I can't remember. I do recall us wanting him though.

No, our rivals negative recruited us successfully and Samples leaving for SMU sealed the deal.

Edited by Machinator
  • Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Bevo said:

TCU? Will we look at him?

OU was my first thought because of Eaton.

I'd guess that TCU, SMU, and likely Baylor will be in the mix as well. Rogers has elite athleticism but it sounds like he got passed up by most of the incoming FR on the depth chart at Florida. He needs to be smart and patient and pick a place that is willing to teach him and develop him behind the 2-deep but it sounds like he's unwilling to do that and it sounds like he's not ready for playing time. He's the kind of guy Akina would've turned into a day one NFL draft pick and If Gonzales can get him at TCU and talk him into playing FS, he'll turn him into a 1st rounder. 

• Like 1