2021 transfer thread

Machinator

2 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Maybe when GH says “SuperK would be wrong in this instance” he’s referencing that SuperK said that the LB “is from the south” when it’s perhaps more southeast?

Nah, I think we've covered what the misunderstanding was. Hasmith9 must pay.

• Hook 'Em 2

Gaoteote has some serious football genes in his family: 

He spent his youth in American Samoa.  His uncle is Ma’a Tanuvasa, a defensive end at Hawaii (1990-92), then with the Denver Broncos (1995-2000), where he won Super Bowls XXXII and XXXIII, San Diego Chargers (2001) and Atlanta Falcons (2002).  His cousin, also named Ma’a Tanuvasa, was a safety at Boise State in 2017, while another cousin, Haskell Garrett, is a senior defensive tackle at Ohio State.  

It seems like no new info (other than twitter follows) has come out since the "decommitment", and that the "Texas leads" info that national and school site guys are running with probably stems from Roach's original report

8 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Ignore the color ... what does 'ol Xavier's signature look like, to you guys?  

Tilt your head a little to right, and ... 

(I'm assuming the green squiggle at the end is his signature.)

image.thumb.png.44c636deec30a6e32f050ff4eed1e8fc.png

I don't know what you're looking at. It pretty clearly depicts a father leaving his children and their mother to "go to the store", but he never comes back. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Todd Gack said:

lol.. first two highlights are helmet-to-helmet hits and he knocks himself out on the first one.  getting "robert killebrew without the culinary skills" vibes...  that said, still a better take than juwan mitchell

Robert Killebrew sucked harder than your mother at a lumberjack convention. The USC dude made more plays in that highlight clip than Robert Killebrew made in 4 years on campus. Killebrew also set the all-time NCAA record for most roughing the passer penalties in a career, averaging slightly more than one for every game he played. Fuck that guy and that comparison. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

So can some of the 25 man limit dorks give us a view on where we’re at if Texas lands:

-Worthy

-Davis

-Gaotatorade

-Ovie-O-Ooooo

-Mystery Man who would start for anyone 

Thanks in advance and don’t tell me we wouldn’t have room for the last guy because he isn’t a hypothetical as a factor. 

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Can take four of the above max, I believe. I did the math awhile back, and I think Sark confirmed the number around NSD. 

Moving this conversation

The only obvious, not overly bylaw complicated wiggle room we have here is giving up spots in '22 by enrolling guys after classes start. The current reported list of roster addition candidates is:

There are 4 spots remaining in the '21 class before bleeding over into '22, not counting Ovie. A transfer would be added as a counter for '22 if they join the team after June 25th, the start of the academic year.

18 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Robert Killebrew sucked harder than your mother at a lumberjack convention. The USC dude made more plays in that highlight clip than Robert Killebrew made in 4 years on campus. Killebrew also set the all-time NCAA record for most roughing the passer penalties in a career, averaging slightly more than one for every game he played. Fuck that guy and that comparison. 

I wouldnt go that far on Brew.  Was a big LB contributor on the Nat'l team.  He blocked a couple punts, had a td..he wasnt DJ but saying he was trash is little much.