2021 transfer thread

Machinator

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Would he play left or right here

I wouldn't be surprised if they needed to offer him LT to get him to come, but I don't think it matters either way. Him and Jones would probably be the two starting tackles and then Karic and Kerstetter could compete at IOL.  I certainly wouldn't mind one of them beating Okafor out for a guard spot.  

13 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they needed to offer him LT to get him to come, but I don't think it matters either way. Him and Jones would probably be the two starting tackles and then Karic and Kerstetter could compete at IOL.  I certainly wouldn't mind one of them beating Okafor out for a guard spot.  

1 year rental or multi year?

50 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Looks like Boyd agrees. Lot of pieces to move around to maximize the lineup if we managed to get him.

If Jones lives up to the 9.95er hype the Rosenthal/Jones bookends could be really good. If he's not ready then we can still kick Kerstetter out to RT and have 4/5 viable guys fight it out for 3 IOL spots. 

image.thumb.png.93cc6b76052c5586f713b3d22dc1e301.png

Edited by UncleSonny

4 hours ago, IDIOTsavant said:

I feel like the old Bill Walsh quote about Steve DeBerg applies to Ingram: he's just good enough to get you beat.

Steve DeBerg was a solid QB. There were just a lot of other QBs that were stellar compared to DeBerg.

7 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I doubt he got shown the door at LSU over weed if they are ok with rape.

Yeah, didn't they lose like 3-4 guys for several games in 2019 for weed suspensions. Sounds like fans being fans, after all, LSU is not going to be good next year and Orgeron is likely fired at some point during it.

24 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I doubt he got shown the door at LSU over weed if they are ok with rape.

He’s transferring, I don’t think anyone said anything about him being kicked off the team. 

I’m just repeating the rumor, but it’s not that crazy that he’s fed up with that program in general and decided its time to look at other options rather than deal with whatever in-house punishment he’s looking at for smoking weed. 

Edited by UncleSonny

5 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

He's already been in school for 3 years and started all last year so most likely a 1 year guy, but it depends on how he performs.

2018: Redshirted

2019: Appeared in five games with three starts

2020: Starter at left tackle but doesn't count (covid)

Are you saying he's a one-year guy because he'll leave early for the NFL? If not, he should be a multi-year guy.

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Covid year doesn't count

I’m not saying he’d run out of eligibility (I believe he redshirted 2018 so he technically has 3 years left). More that he’s good and projects to the NFL so I doubt he’d stay longer than that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I’m not saying he’d run out of eligibility (I believe he redshirted 2018 so he technically has 3 years left). More that he’s good and projects to the NFL so I doubt he’d stay longer than that. 

Gotcha. I edited my post for clarity, but you responded beforehand.

I'd prefer more than one year. However, if he leaves after one because he's a badass, that can't hurt us this season. Hell, that'd probably be a wonderful thing for OL recruiting.

Edited by MuellerHorn

3 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Gotcha. I edited my post for clarity, but you responded beforehand.

I'd prefer more than one year. However, if he leaves after one because he's a badass, that can't hurt us this season. Hell, that'd probably be a wonderful thing for OL recruiting.

Yep. One year grad transfers can really help the new staff pad their draft pick/development stats, especially at a spot like OL where the guys they recruit themselves will usually take a long time to see the field. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

If Dare is not a grad transfer, then he needed to choose his school by last night if he wants to play right away, and if he is a grad transfer, then he doesn't really have a deadline, correct? 

4 minutes ago, Fud said:

If Dare is not a grad transfer, then he needed to choose his school by last night if he wants to play right away, and if he is a grad transfer, then he doesn't really have a deadline, correct? 

I thought the deadline was to enter the portal, not exit it, but I’m not sure. I haven’t seen the actual wording of the rule posted anywhere. 

On 6/11/2021 at 7:49 PM, gmr548 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at a G5. He burned a lot of bridges on his way out of Arkansas and honestly his rating mostly came from his camp performances, he wasn't really that good in high school. He's pretty soft - Pittman seems to prefer road grader types. 4* Ty'keist Crawford and 4* Marcus Henderson are probably the future at tackle.