2021 transfer thread

Machinator

3 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Is SMU going with the frosh QB Stone this year? They may struggle early on in the season if that’s the case. 

Seems more likely that they'd bring him along slowly since they have Tanner Mordecai as a xfer but I didn't watch them in the spring or anything so I don't know. 

23 minutes ago, Fud said:

My SMU friend is guessing Mordecai 

He also said the walk-on looked really good this spring and has a chance 

El oh el if a walk-on starts over Stone; he'd probably be in the portal within the hour 

55 minutes ago, Fud said:

He also said the walk-on looked really good this spring and has a chance 

El oh el if a walk-on starts over Stone; he'd probably be in the portal within the hour 

It happens. I was friendly with Shannon Kelley and Peter Gardere and caught many passes from them. We had a guy from Florida in the frat and I personally felt like he was pretty close as a passer and much better as a runner.

22 hours ago, texifornia said:

Can't have

Seems like a huge get. Typically a spot on the field that we aren't great at. 

As for Stone - not sure anyone was expecting him to start after we got Tanner. I kind of doubt he gets beat by a walk on but if so then cest la vie. Picking up decent transfer QBs is easy - especially with our WR room. 

24 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Gardere was a very underrated athlete. He also played baseball at Texas and went to NFL camps as a punter. I think he punted in the Canadian League for awhile.

He also dominated the pool table at Nasty's.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/7/2021 at 11:28 AM, texastough said:

Wasnt Gardere basically a frat guy who wandered onto the football field? RRS wins notwithstanding

Pete had a very solid high school career at QB for Houston Lee. All-State punter too, if I recall. I coached and watched him grow up at Post Oak Little League. He played on several teams and a couple of All-Star squads with Clay King, and was every bit as good.

• Hook 'Em 2

36 minutes ago, Saint Tacky said:

Pete had a very solid high school career at QB for Houston Lee. All-State punter too, if I recall. I coached and watched him grow up at Post Oak Little League. He played on several teams and a couple of All-Star squads with Clay King, and was every bit as good.

Hi Peter

44 minutes ago, Saint Tacky said:

9 minutes ago, texastough said:

Hi Peter

3 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Last time I saw Sneaky Pete, his beer gut was so big he looked pregnant 

Pete's older brother Tad looks kind of rough now. He was a bit of a lady's man in the day, but probably partied a little much since he started out at TCU and finished up in Houston.

18 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

I don't know that Sark is necessarily the point of that picture but still. Slow day. 

https://247sports.com/Player/King-Mwikuta-45572616/high-school-181425/

Potential landing spots: Several schools expressed immediate interest, but three of the top ones to keep an eye on are Texas, Kentucky and Auburn. The Longhorns are still in search of help at linebacker, and with several ex-Bama coaches now in Austin, this connection may put them over the top.

Farrell’s Take: Mwikuta is a physical specimen but was very raw coming out of high school which is why his ranking was based on potential and his high ceiling. He hasn't reached that yet, not even close, but he's still an intriguing prospect. He's long and very sudden and someone will want to take a chance.

Impact Meter: 6.5 out of 10

https://portal.rivals.com/news/transfer-tracker-alabama-lb-enters-portal

• Like 1